Touch screen not responding on droid

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh please help...my phone was working fine....but the touch screen suddenly stopped responding. I have taken out the battery...called motorola for help...I have text messages I need to read tonight worth thousands of dollars...what do I do? Is there away around the touch screen?!

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
If the D-pad is the key pad..I tried. It will let me move from airplane mode to off...but nothing else. How do I get past sliding the arrow on the touch screen to unlock the device?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Place a magnet on the back to put it into multimedia mode. Remove the magnet and you should bypass the lock screen. Unless you have a password. Then you are probably screwed.

Reactions: abundi920

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried this? I can't imagine a magnet on the phone is a good idea. (If you put a magnet to a tv screen in ruins the picture )
Any other ideas?
Why does this put it in multi media mode?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried this? I can't imagine a magnet on the phone is a good idea. (If you put a magnet to a tv screen in ruins the picture )
Any other ideas?
Why does this put it in multi media mode?

The screen on the Droid is very much different from your typical old tube TV. Yes I have tried the magnet thing and it works. The Droid is designed to have a magnetic field put it into different modes.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
by the way.... I think (think) you're able to retrieve text messages from some verizon web site. It might be worth calling verizon to ask.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The car and home docks use magnets to trigger the phone into multimedia or car mode respectively, multimedia mode will bypass the normal slide lock.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The car and home docks use magnets to trigger the phone into multimedia or car mode respectively, multimedia mode will bypass the normal slide lock.

After you bypass the normal slide lock with the magnet, you can use your D-pad to navigate to your text message and read it.

DevDesky

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Use the magnet, it wont hurt plus if your txt are worth thousands of dollars I dont belive trying this solution would do nothing but help.

SusanHome

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. The magnet did unlock the phone...but what a pain trying to navigate around with the keypad. There still must be an easier way. On to my own plan b!

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
what would cause the screen to be unresponsive? any way to just basically copy the contents of one phone and place it on to another? the blackberry is able to do it, just wondering if the droid has anything like it for when i have to get a diff phone.

chuckthepilot

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Na, the droid currently does not support a desktop sync like the ol berry did. All though I think there are some third party software folks hot on the case.

Edit: "Support" wasn't the right word. It should support it, but doesn't come with any software out the door.

Last edited:

RIMexec

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Apps should transfer over to another droid via google sync. data would have to be transferred via micro SD card. Just did it tonight with my new droid. works great

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i'd like to know what kind of text messages yhou receive that are worth thousands of dollars...

maybe im not reading this correctly but if your touchscreen doesnt work, go get a new droid, end of story.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I had the same situation. My screen would not move and I was unable to select any icons. Only way to reboot was by removing the battery. Once the phone came back on it was all right anywhere from 30 second to 5 min then would freeze again. I took it into a Verizon store and they did a factory reset on the phone and I haven't had a problem since. They think it may have been due to some program I had installed. Only two things pop into my mind after it started. I had just uninstalled the Dolphin browser as well as did the shift alt delete restart. So on my end I think it was one of those two.

Monzerelli

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My screen is having the same issue. I've rubbed the charger along the back of the screen & got nothing, is there something I'm doing wrong???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa