What are your favorite cases/screen protectors for the Nexus 5X?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
haha. just got it today and I LOVE IT! still not sure if it's worth the 35 I paid,but it is definitely very nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 10133.jpg
    10133.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 10132.jpg
    10132.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 10134.jpg
    10134.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 47

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
here are some more. with the phone in it.

Attachments

• 10136.jpg
    10136.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 10137.jpg
    10137.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 10138.jpg
    10138.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the pics, I get mine Friday...can't wait! Does it add a lot of extra bulk to the phone?

it is a little thicker than I would like, but I think the style of the case is so nice, I can live with it.

Last edited:

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my Blue 5X last night for the first time and it survived with only what I can describe as a scratch not a crack in the far top left corner of the screen above the front facing cam. When I run my nail over it I can't feel a groove at all and is only noticeable under direct light. Safe to say I ordered the official 5X case in Carbon which should arrive today. Liking how it wraps around the display which would have been handy for me last night.

slab0meat

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Based on some recommendations here, I bought the Diztronic case back when I got my Nexus 5.

I pre-ordered Diztronic again, for the 5X, and I'm happy with it, as I expected.

Bryj91

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
So I received my phone two days ago with the ADOPTED case. The case feels cheaply made and debris can get on the inside of the case relatively easy, definitely not worth $20 and I am considering returning it for a better case. Did anyone else have a reaction like this? what case would you recommend?

On the bright side, there are no defects with my phone at all!! and I have no complaints with the quality and speed of use!!!

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cases for the Nexus 5X

I love the Cruzerlite TPU cases - had one for both of our Nexus 5 phones. So pretty disappointed to see that. However, I just took a look at the comments on that page and the most recent comment said, "I just received an email from Cruzerlite that they, along with a few other manufacturers, failed to account for the microphone on this case and there is no opening for the microphone. The fact that it's multiple manufacturers makes me think Google or LG provided faulty specs, but that's just an assumption. Cruzerlite will be proactively sending me a new case. No action required from me."

So that's good news. All of the colors on that Amazon page are out of stock at the moment. Perhaps when the stock returns, it will be the updated version with the mic hole. In the meantime, I purchased the cheapest ugliest case I could find to use until a fixed version is available.

It looks like these are back in stock, and there have been several more comments saying that the company contacted them to get them free replacements with the mic hole. I went ahead and ordered one with the assumption that the new batch of stock is either already fixed or will get me in the queue to get a fixed version.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cases for the Nexus 5X

I'm going naked for the most part but once they get the Emerald colored Nexus case in I'm going to order it. Probably only use it on days when I'll be doing things that could put my phone at risk. Do these cases feel like felt or what? It looks like felt.

ktroopa

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Im currently using the Nexus 5X Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case but i think there is an manufacturing issue with it. The mic hole that sits next to the USB-C charging point is covered up by the case - there is no cut out on it for me. Surely this is blocking the mic input that hole would receive and will affect the phones performance? Im using my phone with no sim card atm so havent made any calls, have been testing out marshmallow mainly, but can anyone with this case confirm that calls and stuff and if affected?

good news, after contacting Spigen, they sent me a revised version of the Ultra Hybrid Crystal clear free and its now has all the correct cut outs :)

result! what great customer service

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I ordered the Adopted frosted case and it was UGLY! Way too thick and made the phone look bad. Raised a return with Google and it's on its way back right now. I want a really thin case which does not detract from the look of the 5X. I like the look of the Cruzerlite cases but hate the silly Android pattern on the back. Thier website doesn't even mention the 5X and Amazon UK only seems to sell the silly teenager etched design.

ecuagatas

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow - it was convoluted getting here! I sprung for the $$$ Google portfolio case because I keep my phone in my pocket and it gets very dirty without a cover. It comes in light grey and dark grey (I thought they were pretty ugly so if I can figure out how to attach a picture you will see my way around that).Cover.jpg It is very functional and when it closes it puts the phone to sleep. I like it a lot and I think it will serve well to protect my new Nexus 5X. All the cutouts seem to be well placed and function fine. It adds little bulk to the device.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
DO NOT BUY SPIGEN GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR UNTIL FIXED!

I bought the Spigen protector and it does not have a cutout for the proximity sensor which causes problems with the screen turning off and not turning back on when taking and making calls. They are fixing it, but don't buy the current version. Make sure any tempered glass screen protector you buy has a cutout for the proximity sensor.

I almost bought that screen protector before I even got the phone. Glad I waited for real reviews! I really like my Spigen case, but I can't believe they goofed up that bad on the screen protector. I just ordered this one Amazon.com: Nexus 5X Screen Protector, PLESON® LG (Google) Nexus 5X Tempered Glass Screen Protector [2015], 99% Clarity 0.3mm 9H Hardness, Bubble Free, Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 5X -Lifetime Warranty: Electronics. The reviews are great and it's cheaper anyway.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I almost bought that screen protector before I even got the phone. Glad I waited for real reviews! I really like my Spigen case, but I can't believe they goofed up that bad on the screen protector. I just ordered this one Amazon.com: Nexus 5X Screen Protector, PLESON® LG (Google) Nexus 5X Tempered Glass Screen Protector [2015], 99% Clarity 0.3mm 9H Hardness, Bubble Free, Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 5X -Lifetime Warranty: Electronics. The reviews are great and it's cheaper anyway.

I was looking at ordering that one too but it looks like a majority of the 5 star reviews are from receiving a free product to review. I'm always leery of ordering when the majority of positive reviews received theirs for free. But I may still pull the trigger.

EDIT: I just ordered it. Let's see how well it does!

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at ordering that one too but it looks like a majority of the 5 star reviews are from receiving a free product to review. I'm always leery of ordering when the majority of positive reviews received theirs for free. But I may still pull the trigger.

EDIT: I just ordered it. Let's see how well it does!

Good point. The "top" reviews are all good and seem legit at least. Hell, it was only $7

pedrosalas7

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the spigen screen protector for over a week and haven't really noticed any problems, although most of the times i talk in the phone I'm using a headset of some kind. sucks that I'll probably start noticing problems now.