PIN Required on Restart

vimalasuresh

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
It is showing Account action required..when I click it , it goes to a page where it says "Encryption settings require a password when the device restarts for a secure setup " and below it shows "Touch to change the setting" ... When I click it it just goes to the settings..pls anyone reply ...

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
When I was setting up my phone, a screen showed up asking to require a PIN every time the phone is restarted and calls/messages won't come through until the PIN is entered. I thought I set it to not require this PIN every time I restart, but it's still requiring one during restart.

Does anybody now where in the settings I can turn this off? Thanks.
I think youll have to do a factory reset to start that function over then hit no upon set up. I'm pretty sure.

Er44444

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
Well that may be how you see it but to be honest -- That is how it is going to be from now on. They want things to be more secure and believe the phone needs the PIN the first time. Honestly it is only on a restart and you shouldn't be doing that too often.

It is flawed because the high point of Android was customization and choice in behavior, this is no longer the case. Also, if they are working under the same flawed update from Google that I am their device is likely restarting more than 10 times a day on it's own, not because they want to, it's only 12:50pm right now and since 6:30am my Pixel XL has restarted itself 12 times. Google says they are troubleshooting that issue and appreciate my patience (over 5 weeks of patience now...).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is flawed because the high point of Android was customization and choice in behavior, this is no longer the case. Also, if they are working under the same flawed update from Google that I am their device is likely restarting more than 10 times a day on it's own, not because they want to, it's only 12:50pm right now and since 6:30am my Pixel XL has restarted itself 12 times. Google says they are troubleshooting that issue and appreciate my patience (over 5 weeks of patience now...).

Yeah .. Google wants to be used in business so security will be first over some customization. Sorry to say the customization group is a very small blip in the grand scheme of things.

Er44444

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
Yeah .. Google wants to be used in business so security will be first over some customization. Sorry to say the customization group is a very small blip in the grand scheme of things.

That is sad, they spent all of those years getting people interested in their product because of the customizable options for practically everything and to take it away step by step without even developer optiopns letting you change them is pretty disappointing of them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is sad, they spent all of those years getting people interested in their product because of the customizable options for practically everything and to take it away step by step without even developer optiopns letting you change them is pretty disappointing of them.

Not too sad, imo. Do they want to cater to the small group or have an actual successful phone business that consumers and business users can use since their IT will approve of security?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The good thing is that if you don't like, you can take the Android source and build your own version of it that does what you want it to do.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The pin requirement on restart is part of the whole device encryption feature. The pin is the key to unlocking the encryption - which, by the way, is enabled by default on all Google-branded devices after marshmallow was released. Because of the encryption, you can't disable the pin requirement on restart. It can be dialed but it takes some effort...

dupont17

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
can someone answer this. My phone just stopped asking me for the encryption pin on reboot out of nowhere and I want it back, can anyone help me please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo