Optimus will not turn on

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok So here is the story. I rooted my phone several days ago using gingerbreak. everything worked fine until i decided to leave well enough alone. I backed up my files with ROM Manger and it rebooted my phone. Great! But then i decided to restore back to my original files just to make sure everything about the back up was ok. During the restore the Optimus v compleatly froze so i did the old pull battery trick hoping i could just reboot the phone and try it again. i replaced the battery and powered it up. the lg logo came up followed by the virgin mobil animation but after the animation was over the virgin mobile logo faze and did not transition to the android logo. I've searched google for hours trying to figure this problem out. I tried putting the phone into recovery mode but all that happens is the lg symbol flashing on the screen for about an second the freezes on a black back lit screen. I'm out of things to try and really dont want to pay for a new phone. like i said i have searched and searched for answers but all i got was:
A. Answer does not work
B. I cant figure out all the tech jargon
C. all the other answers require me to get into recovery mode which i cant.

So to some this post up:
1. I cant get past the Virgin Mobile animation
2. when i hold Home+down volume then power it just flashes the lg logo and freezes on back lit screen
3. I NEED HELP

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager isn't very supported on our phone, and should only be used to flash ClockworkMod recovery over the stock one (right after you root). That's pretty much it's only use for us Optimus V owners.

idk what you did, and but hopefully someone else can come along and help you out or at least tell you if you've completely borked or phone or not.

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager isn't very supported on our phone, and should only be used to flash ClockworkMod recovery over the stock one (right after you root). That's pretty much it's only use for us Optimus V owners.

idk what you did, and but hopefully someone else can come along and help you out or at least tell you if you've completely borked or phone or not.

well thx unfortunatly i didnt find that at till right now

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well let's try something different, can you get into emergency mode? (hold menu key, down volume, power)

You will need adb (from the Android sdk) on your computer... You probably need to reflash ClockworkMod so you will need to download and put it on your SD card... You can get the IHO Recovery from their site (it works better than the original ClockworkMod anyway)

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Well let's try something different, can you get into emergency mode? (hold menu key, down volume, power)

You will need adb (from the Android sdk) on your computer... You probably need to reflash ClockworkMod so you will need to download and put it on your SD card... You can get the IHO Recovery from their site (it works better than the original ClockworkMod anyway)

i cant get it into emergency mode.
can you walk me through how to put clockwork on my sd card and talk me through the process in detail please?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I thought Menu, Down volume, and power booted you into Recovery mode?

According to this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...662-super-secret-optimus-v-button-combos.html

Boot into Emergency Mode:
Power off.
Plug in the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
Hold the Return Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
Release when you first see the LG logo.

well thx unfortunatly i didnt find that at till right now
Yeah unfortunately. :/ I believe there's a fix around, but don't quote me on that lol. At least you learned something today! :)

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, emergency mode is back button, volume down, and power...

I am not sure where to get the actual ClockworkMod Recovery, but you can get the IHO version from their github site. As far as getting it on the card, let's take one step at a time. And see if we can fix it first.

Goto the LG update tool (not sure where to find it, just google it)

Connect the phone to your PC and and boot into emergency mode... Go to devices on your computer and you will see 3 LG hardwares, disable the modem one, and run the tool...then reboot.

ShadyBusiness

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
ok i've got it into emergency mode now what?
Edit- sorry did not see your reply shortround-edit
You might have a new OpV with the new screen

I know you're already beeing helped and stuff but my problem was somewhat similar to yours.

Anyways I was able to fix it by installing the Android SDK Android SDK | Android Developers and JDK Java SE Downloads Android Screencast Android Screencast
(No install just save the file) and the LG Mobile Update Tool http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/Resources/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0.msi

One all these things are installed/downloaded boot into recovery(Volup+Home+Power) or (voldown+home+power) both boot into recovery for me, but yeah. then plug in your phone via usb and as long as the computer recognizes it(takes a while sometimes) open android screencast and if it worked correctly you should be able to see your phone's screen and you can run recovery from there(Control with your phone) and Install a compatible recovery and a new rom and stuff like that.

Not sure if this will solve your problem but its worth a shot.

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I know you're already beeing helped and stuff but my problem was somewhat similar to yours.

Anyways I was able to fix it by installing the Android SDK Android SDK | Android Developers and JDK Java SE Downloads Android Screencast Android Screencast
(No install just save the file) and the LG Mobile Update Tool http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/Resources/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S497CA20_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0.msi

One all these things are installed/downloaded boot into recovery(Volup+Home+Power) or (voldown+home+power) both boot into recovery for me, but yeah. then plug in your phone via usb and as long as the computer recognizes it(takes a while sometimes) open android screencast and if it worked correctly you should be able to see your phone's screen and you can run recovery from there(Control with your phone) and Install a compatible recovery and a new rom and stuff like that.

thx i will try this if shortround is unable to help fix this

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
ok shortround i was able to disable the modem lg one and run tools mobile lg
i downloaded the correct drivers(optimus v is model # 670 right?) and the clicked start updating where i got the message software update not supported for this model! HELP
ps. this happens around the 36% mark on the analyzing area of the lg tools update.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
thx i will try this if shortround is unable to help fix this

I suggest you try ShadyBusiness's approach. I forgot completely about the new screens. And after reviewing your issue I agree that this could very well fix it. Everything could be working but the screen just isnt working. Give this a try. I will be monitoring this thread.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the correct drivers(optimus v is model # 670 right?) and the clicked start updating where i got the message drivers not correct for model

well, we need the drivers then. but lets try ShadyBusiness's approach first.

ShadyBusiness

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the correct drivers(optimus v is model # 670 right?) and the clicked start updating where i got the message software update not supported for this model! HELP
ps. this happens around the 36% mark on the analyzing area of the lg tools update.

Theres no need to click start updating. Just install the USB drivers through the button where it says Install the USB drivers (VM670) and the drivers are installed.

ShadyBusiness

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I already told you how to do it lol. Just read more carefully.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Like shady business stated. Just install these items and do as he says...

You will need to install the Java SE one first then the Android SDK...

Other than that it is pretty straight forward. Give it a try, and let us know if/where you get stuck...

totombane

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
ok i installed java 7 jdk and then installed android sdk then saved the android screencast and put my phone into recovery mode (even though it only has a back-lit screen still) then plugged my phone into my pc. i checked my printers and devices and my optimus is reconized by the computer. then open screencast and it says getting device list for about 10 second the a message pops up and says unable to lauch application.
i've about had it with trying to fix this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress