[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
What is the difference between cm9 and aokp? I'm wanting to try something different...my battery life sucks and I'm running advance task killer...still 50% battery drain in a few hours

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
anyone running aokp care to try a new modded build.prop?...
(nandroid beforehand)<--- in case you dont like it for whatever reason...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdk73aicug6134e/build.prop
feedback is appreciated... :)

-attached a list of added/adjusted lines/values from the 0715aokp nightly...

found here:
Geek Yogi ? Android - build.prop tweaks (Root Only)

So do I just flash this on top or by its self or put the build prop in myself. Plz excuse that noob question but if I'm gonna get knee deep into the dev community which I do I need to learn as much as possible. Thank s

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Even aosp? I think its a bunch of crap anyways.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

All ICS roms.. some devs do take the risk and include gapps, and often Google doesn't do anything about it, but there's always that small chance where Google will take action.

sent from my un-dead sammich

Reactions: sellers86

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So do I just flash this on top or by its self or put the build prop in myself. Plz excuse that noob question but if I'm gonna get knee deep into the dev community which I do I need to learn as much as possible. Thank s

If its a flash able zip, then you flash over your current rom. Always back up before you flash.

sent from my un-dead sammich

Reactions: inceyet

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

replace the original... added directions to post...

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
anyone running aokp care to try a new modded build.prop?...
(nandroid beforehand)<--- in case you dont like it for whatever reason...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdk73aicug6134e/build.prop
feedback is appreciated... :)

-attached a list of added/adjusted lines/values from the 0715aokp nightly...

found here:
Geek Yogi ? Android - build.prop tweaks (Root Only)

* goes in system/ (in place of original)
* rename original .bak (in case you want to go back to the original and you didnt make a nandroid)

Gonna try when i wake up. I'll report back. BTW, love your build props, ao i'm sure this will be just as awesome: )

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Reactions: clodfelterac

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Es file explorer won't let me change anything system related... .it has root access checked, I just can't modify... any ideas?

Edit: got it! Trying now

sellersj27

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Gonna try when i wake up. I'll report back. BTW, love your build props, ao i'm sure this will be just as awesome: )

So far so good. Seems a lot faster, though I did wipe cache/dalvik. I almost can't tell that my data was throttled last week!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: clodfelterac

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Another thought I had was to make hybrid roms.

The only differences in roms between the thunderc models are:

boot.img
system.prop
Mms.apk

If I can pack up all versions of each of these and create a script to install the appropriate file set at install time, that would reduce the traffic by almost 2/3.

And if I can find a way to build template versions of these and replace the values after the build, that would reduce the build time by almost 2/3.

Here's a way to make one build tdm.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1461712
Its called aroma installer. I'm thinking this is what your wanting to do.

varockchick

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
To all those Netflix people out there, I might have found a solutuion! I'm going to test it out tonight, but I'm fairly certain it'll work WITHOUT HARDWARE ACCELERATION. :D

If you can figure out how to get it working you'd be my bestest friend lol..even on PC it is soooo out of sync...drives me nuts...considering canceling my Netflix account

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If you can figure out how to get it working you'd be my bestest friend lol..even on PC it is soooo out of sync...drives me nuts...considering canceling my Netflix account

Well the fix is mainly just to get the picture working. On ics, hardware acceleration doesn't work. So, while trying Netflix, you can get audio, but no picture. My fix is to show the picture and play the audio without hardware acceleration.

I'm not sure about the syncing picture and audio, I don't know how good it'll be. I guess we'll see! I don't think it'll be too bad.

Reactions: nitestalkr

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Seems a lot faster, though I did wipe cache/dalvik. I almost can't tell that my data was throttled last week!

Gonna try it now. I'm in the same boat. Throttled last week, lol.