[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

Kolma

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
No, you can not use *ANY* a2sd type apps, TDM built in an app2ext that takes care of that need, and it will conflict with any a2sd app you download.
It is mentioned in the OP.
I think he means https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...hone.app2sd&feature=nav_result&token=L2V8j6rI

Which doesnt use ext partition, it just moves apps to the SD the same way you can in the built in app settings

A nice app, but pointless in ICS and later because it(ICS) now actually shows how much space an app takes up internally and on SD and will seperate the apps from the rest of the list if they can be transfered to SD.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
What's this Multi thing TDM's been talking about? :eek:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

"One rom to rule all phones" (said in a movie commentator voice) instead of a different rom for each phone, he has it to where all phone use the same exact same build. Saves him a lot of build and upload time.

sent from my Nokia 5110

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Wait what? Stable meaning not beta?

CM9 was still being developed. But the Official CM9 is now complete and they are going to be releasing the first stable release tonight.

Our phone still needs development, as our phone is not officially supported.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's another rom update tool. This one is kind of interesting OTA Update Center – Someone (Finally) Got it Right – xda-developers

sent from my Nokia 5110

Saw that, thanks. It's a great idea in theory. Not sure if it's a good idea in practice or not, but leaning towards not.

I have first hand experience what an annoyance it is to be constantly reminded of an OTA update when you don't want it. In my case, I had an older firmware on the Marquee because the newer firmware was not rootable. It was so annoying I found and flashed a pre-rooted version of the newer firmware.

And then there's the whole issue of being responsible for dozens/hundreds of screwed up phones after pushing a flawed update. At least with the manual update method, the responsibility lies fully with the user, and I have a better chance of pulling it before many folks download it.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
"One rom to rule all phones" (said in a movie commentator voice) instead of a different rom for each phone, he has it to where all phone use the same exact same build. Saves him a lot of build and upload time.

sent from my Nokia 5110

Yeah pretty much.

The multi-ROM is a way to package files for all the phones into one ROM download. At install time, it detects which model you have and copies the appropriate model-specific files.

Additionally, the model-specific files are packaged up as binary patches to a common base, so they are very compact.

Not sure how much extra space the thunderc will need for this. The Marquee family only needs about 200kb total per variant. But those phones all have the same kernel and RIL files.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have first hand experience what an annoyance it is to be constantly reminded of an OTA update when you don't want it. In my case, I had an older firmware on the Marquee because the newer firmware was not rootable. It was so annoying I found and flashed a pre-rooted version of the newer firmware.

How did they get the firmware prerooted? Like the .bin?? or was the radio able to be updated via update.zip? I know sammyz tried injecting cwm into the zvd(optimus s) firmware(so it wouldn't need to be rooted), but that hard bricked his phone beyond repair.(we were gonna try finding the zvj cab afterwards to put cwm in it, but after his hard brick...no. haha)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
How did they get the firmware prerooted? Like the .bin?? or was the radio able to be updated via update.zip? I know sammyz tried injecting cwm into the zvd(optimus s) firmware(so it wouldn't need to be rooted), but that hard bricked his phone beyond repair.(we were gonna try finding the zvj cab afterwards to put cwm in it, but after his hard brick...no. haha)

Don't know, I just grabbed the file and flashed it. :)

Reactions: sellers86

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you guys explain the difference between beta 2 and nightly pls.

Beta(x) marks each major update/milestone for quattrimus, and nightlies are just small minor fixes, added commits, etc etc..
Any nightly built after Beta2, will be Beta2+small fixes.
Nightlies are released nearly every night, or when commits are changed(to prevent unnecessary builds with 0 changes).
Betas are released whenever something big/important is fixed/added to quattrimus.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Reactions: RT78
K

kobequintana

Exactly what's wrong with aosp

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
@tmd, the last few builds (b2/nightlies) set the default ringtone to "silent". I've missed several calls due to this.

Reactions: RT78

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
@tdm, if you don't mind me asking, how was "Android is Upgrading: optimizing 'x' out of 'a lot' of apps..." issue at every boot, fixed?
Running into this issue on JellyBean..

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
@tdm, if you don't mind me asking, how was "Android is Upgrading: optimizing 'x' out of 'a lot' of apps..." issue at every boot, fixed?
Running into this issue on JellyBean..

I always got it on quattrimus and I'm getting it on bobzhome too. I don't think its an issue, its just cache or dalvik cache repopulating or something like that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: a5pe4

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I had that same problem you need to make your SD ext bigger

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
It's not sd-ext. Internal has 20mb left, and sd-ext has 600mb left, which should be Moore than enough. It's another problem.. Perhaps with /data I'm guessing. We might need to bind more mounts from sd-ext to /data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress