[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Port][WIP]Porting ANY OptiS rom to the OptiV in 1 Fla

That's the thing we don't know. I once tried to get it working when I was a noob, so I basically just flashed. Had no service. Here, you got service going, but no data. What we need to get working is data. What I wonder is what theWraith did. He said he had data from the DFS, or LG thing. I forgot. But, what he did seemed to work, as I never really paid any attention.

The phone must be semi-activated though since you can text and call..... What if one of us call VM and say stuff like Activate isn't working. Will they activate it for us? o_O

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I doubt it. It's weird that gingerbread roms don't let data work. It shouldn't have messed with the data or mobile ip settings. You can try it though. Sammyz put what Wraith did on the op of his zvj thread. I highly doubt that's what changed though...

and I wouldnt count on it. It's virgin Mobile.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
this seems universal...
Code:
ro.product.model=LG-VM670

the other two were rom specific... ;-)

If I do a single edit to a build.prop, any rom that has extra things in em that others don't, some things can be broken.

If I knew how to write scripts that can add to the build.prop, rather than overwriting it, then I'd have a lot more stuff added to the patch.
Till then, its ROM specific.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing we don't know. I once tried to get it working when I was a noob, so I basically just flashed. Had no service. Here, you got service going, but no data. What we need to get working is data. What I wonder is what theWraith did. He said he had data from the DFS, or LG thing. I forgot. But, what he did seemed to work, as I never really paid any attention.

The phone must be semi-activated though since you can text and call..... What if one of us call VM and say stuff like Activate isn't working. Will they activate it for us? o_O

I'm not sure..
I don't recommend trying to call em though..
I wonder if putting the activation app on a S rom would do anything..

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

That's useless, yes. I remember trying Your Mom Rom and I did that. I spam clicked it and had 3g for 5-10 seconds. Again, back when I was a noob. :p

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure the usb storage is a build.prop thing as well, in your jellybean fix, could you see if changing the build.prop to the build.prop usb settings from ics would work??

Code:
#USB for ICS
#etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh
persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
#persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage

Reactions: nitestalkr

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. It's weird that gingerbread roms don't let data work. It shouldn't have messed with the data or mobile ip settings. You can try it though. Sammyz put what Wraith did on the op of his zvj thread. I highly doubt that's what changed though...

and I wouldnt count on it. It's virgin Mobile.

I haven't had time to add it to OP yet....

Sent from my Optimus M

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure..
I don't recommend trying to call em though..
I wonder if putting the activation app on a S rom would do anything..

They said it wouldn't work....and why not call VM??? They will manually activate the phone.

Sent from my Optimus M

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the usb storage is a build.prop thing as well, in your jellybean fix, could you see if changing the build.prop to the build.prop usb settings from ics would work??

Code:
#USB for ICS
#etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh
persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb
#persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage

I'll add that to it tonight as well as the device check fix. :)
Thanks for providing that info!
My people to thank list is getting longer lol :D

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not if you tell them, you have no data, and activate app wont work...

Sent from my Optimus M

It varies, they'll say something like, "we're updating the towers in your area."
They've told be this once, restored to stock, and data worked.(back when I was still a noob.)
They always give simple excuses that hardly work, occasionally, you'll get a decent Rep that actually helps you.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It varies, they'll say something like, "we're updating the towers in your area."
They've told be this once, restored to stock, and data worked.(back when I was still a noob.)
They always give simple excuses that hardly work, occasionally, you'll get a decent Rep that actually helps you.

That's any carrier........ -___- best results are when you go to a store.....but that won't help if they see you got S firmware on your phone, then they'll just be like:
What??? Optimus V got a gingerbread update and we were never told? o_O

ROFL

My name is sammyz :D

Sent from my Optimus M

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's any carrier........ -___- best results are when you go to a store.....but that won't help if they see you got S firmware on your phone, then they'll just be like:
What??? Optimus V got a gingerbread update and we were never told? o_O

ROFL

My name is sammyz :D

Sent from my Optimus M

My point exactly lol
I do have to say, virgin mobile has GREAT customer service via email, it may not be quickest, but it IS better tthan their call customer services .