[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say that I love this rom. Thank you for making it. This was the first one I flashed to my phone. I have tried a few others but I am always back on Harmonia with in a day or two. I wonder if there will be a Gingerbread Harmonia some day.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.3.1 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 16July11 (2.2 bit

That confirms that it's a signing error. Thanks.
Now I just need the time to deal with it.

Glad to help, I've downloaded free apps using it, so it appears to only effect attempts at purchasing. I suspect that people could always purchase an app from the marketplace website and then proceed to download it on their phone if they really needed something.

Out of curiosity, can I simple modify the MANIFEST.MF file removing the references to the Marketplace piece and re-zip the directory structure minus that apk and flash that to my phone? I'm not trying to 'rush' you, I appreciate all you've done, just trying to understand this a little better.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

With Harmonia 1.3.1 installed on my OV, I just made a purchase on the Market today (SVOX US English Grace Voice) and it went fine; payment, download, installation, etc. Just wanted to let you know that I had no signing error here.

Last edited:

RobN

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I guess I won't be updating when and if it comes out! I like wifi tethering for my tablet at work.
I'm not sure I entirely followed the tethering questions, but....

The tethering code is there. I use Harmonia 1.3.1, and an app called QuickSettings -- among other cool features, it includes a link to the native tethering app. I used it this weekend, and it worked fine (though it took two tries for my laptop to connect, for some reason).

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what piece of the conversation I was misunderstanding. I'm not talking about USB tethering, but wireless tethering. USB tethering would be cool, too, but if it ain't gonna happen I'm fine with the wireless tethering, personally.

On a different note...I was having several crashes that were forcing me to pull the battery -- I think it's from pushing the envelope on memory, installing more apps than I have room for (the new app store has friendlier warnings, and stops you from trying to download something you don't have room for, which is nice, but I still managed to push the limits). After one crash I cleared the cache and davlick cache from recovery mode -- and when I came back, I was back to the old market. Nothing I've done since has brought back the new market -- cache clearing, re-applying the 1.3.1 patch, trying to delete /system/app/Vending.apk (which fails even with su permissions using file manager apps on the phone - I suspect I'll have to do it from a console?). Everything else seems to be working fine, though (haven't tried purchasing an app through the "old" market, but I don't have the cash for it anyway).

Note that I have noticed some glitches logging into various things using my google account -- had to complete a captcha on the phone this morning to get into gmail today, and the syncing of read messages seems to be broken (PC doesn't see that I've read messages on the phone). I'm not blaming that on the ROM, though -- I had an oddity on a different PC logging in with Chrome last night, too, so I think something is up with Google's authentications, perhaps starting this weekend and floating into today. Or maybe it's just my account.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Nothing I've done since has brought back the new market -- cache clearing, re-applying the 1.3.1 patch, trying to delete /system/app/Vending.apk (which fails even with su permissions using file manager apps on the phone - I suspect I'll have to do it from a console?). Everything else seems to be working fine, though (haven't tried purchasing an app through the "old" market, but I don't have the cash for it anyway).

This was the problem I had right after releasing this, deleting vending.apk was what fixed it, and yes, you need a rooted file manager to do it, try Super Manager.

Reactions: RobN

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I reloaded Harmonia from scratch this afternoon, but, this time I erased everything I could get m hands on, except for boot and the SD card. After the install and flashing 1.3.1 I tried out the 'new' market & I was able to purchase an app with it.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I just wanted to say that I love this rom. Thank you for making it. This was the first one I flashed to my phone. I have tried a few others but I am always back on Harmonia with in a day or two. I wonder if there will be a Gingerbread Harmonia some day.
Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
If an official release is made, yes.

I reloaded Harmonia from scratch this afternoon, but, this time I erased everything I could get m hands on, except for boot and the SD card. After the install and flashing 1.3.1 I tried out the 'new' market & I was able to purchase an app with it.

Well, that is an interesting twist.

Reactions: mrg666

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what piece of the conversation I was misunderstanding. I'm not talking about USB tethering, but wireless tethering. USB tethering would be cool, too, but if it ain't gonna happen I'm fine with the wireless tethering, personally.

The free app PDAnet will allow you to USB tether with your OV.

poppybe

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I just installed Harmonia and I am really liking it. Thanks for making this available. I was very nervous about installing a recovery and flashing a custom rom but after a few tries, it finally worked.

nikkon226

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Hi LeslieAnn, thanks so much for putting all of this together, I am really enjoying the increase space and speed.

One issue has to do with the status bar upgrades. I have flashed both of the gray bars with success and booted into the phone and all is fine except for the power button will not give a menu any longer. It will sleep the phone when depressed and let go, but if held, no menu will come up (as usual) and if held long enough it looks as if the ROM reboots because the Harmonia splash screen comes up and then goes back to homescreen.

I reflashed 1.3 after this first happened and checked each time booting in and trying the power menu. I checked just 1.3, 1.3.1 patch and then maps, all three working fine, but once I flashed either gray bar (I did not try the black bars), no dice.

Let me know if there is any information you might need from me.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I hope the OV gets an official Gingerbread update, cuz I'm looking forward to a Gingerbread version of Harmonia. :)

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Well, that is an interesting twist.

Well, I tried re-flashing again last night - and market would not work - got a FC on it. Arghh, one simple question, is it safe to Wipe boot (that sort of makes me nervous). I should have taken notes yesterday when I re-flashed everything. Wish xionia had a flash it for a new ROM menu selection ;)

I'll try again later when I get time, is it 'safe' to replace stuff in /system/app - like maybe the market Vending.apk using adb from my desktop?

poppybe

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Hmm... well, I noticed that my signal dropped to zero and my tws jumped from 70% to 100%. I do have bad coverage at my house but I usually have 1-2 bars. I uninstalled this rom and now my coverage is back. Strange. Perhaps, I should try and flash it again.

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

I went ahead and reflashed once again - market works again. I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4 for recovery. Here's what I did, perhaps a little overkill, but, I wanted to make sure that I wiped anything that might be hanging around (this wipe/format/wipe again stuff makes me think of waving a bag of chicken bones over my head, to me, a wipe or format should do it, not having to do it multiple times)....
  1. wipe data/factory reset
  2. wipe cache partition
  3. mounts and storage: format boot, system, data, cache
  4. advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache
  5. wipe data/factory reset again
  6. wag the bag of chicken bones over my head
  7. install zip Harmonia 1.3.zip
  8. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip
  9. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip (yes, again)
  10. install zip Harmonia_Maps_Patch_July_5.7.zip
  11. advanced - wipe Dalvik Cache (again)
  12. reboot
  13. connect to WiFi
  14. run Market, and attempt a purchase - it worked!!!
  15. Reboot into Recovery and made a backup so I can always come back here when I want to...

In between the last run, I had played with IHO Backside ROM - which is pretty cool, but, LeslieAnn - this ROM rocks! It's a lean mean machine - and solid as a rock.

Timm129

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I went ahead and reflashed once again - market works again. I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4 for recovery. Here's what I did, perhaps a little overkill, but, I wanted to make sure that I wiped anything that might be hanging around (this wipe/format/wipe again stuff makes me think of waving a bag of chicken bones over my head, to me, a wipe or format should do it, not having to do it multiple times)....
  1. wipe data/factory reset
  2. wipe cache partition
  3. mounts and storage: format boot, system, data, cache
  4. advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache
  5. wipe data/factory reset again
  6. wag the bag of chicken bones over my head
  7. install zip Harmonia 1.3.zip
  8. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip
  9. install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip (yes, again)
  10. install zip Harmonia_Maps_Patch_July_5.7.zip
  11. advanced - wipe Dalvik Cache (again)
  12. reboot
  13. connect to WiFi
  14. run Market, and attempt a purchase - it worked!!!
  15. Reboot into Recovery and made a backup so I can always come back here when I want to...

In between the last run, I had played with IHO Backside ROM - which is pretty cool, but, LeslieAnn - this ROM rocks! It's a lean mean machine - and solid as a rock.

Yes --- "solid as a rock" I've been running this now for several weeks and have never had a bit of trouble with this ROM. "Lean and mean" is also very descriptive of this ROM... This is the ROM VM should be shipping their phones with . I haven't gone for the update 1.3.1 yet it seems like maybe few bugs need to be fixed first but I am looking forward to 1.3.1

chuang4u

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Under "important notes" in the first post, it says, "This is NOT overclocked. You need an overclock utility for that." However, when I installed setCPU, the default main page was set at 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive). So is the rom (or kernel) already set at this level?

Even after clearing the data and uninstalling setCPU, the CPU range seems to be the same, and it has not even changed after I did a complete wipe (I did everything crpeck outlined) and reinstalled the rom. So is 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive) the default setting on the CPU? If not, how do i revert it back to the way it was before (it seems I have tried everything)?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

One issue has to do with the status bar upgrades. I have flashed both of the gray bars with success and booted into the phone and all is fine except for the power button will not give a menu any longer. It will sleep the phone when depressed and let go, but if held, no menu will come up (as usual) and if held long enough it looks as if the ROM reboots because the Harmonia splash screen comes up and then goes back to homescreen.
It sounds like you flashed the old statusbars, not the 1.3 ones.

Under "important notes" in the first post, it says, "This is NOT overclocked. You need an overclock utility for that." However, when I installed setCPU, the default main page was set at 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive). So is the rom (or kernel) already set at this level?
No idea, maybe you had another overclock utility installed.

chuang4u

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

No idea, maybe you had another overclock utility installed.

First of all, I want to thank you, LeslieAnn for putting together such an awesome rom! I know I should have read more on overclocking before I tried it. Most of what I did was just follow this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/101466-how-setcpu-profiles.html

The only overclock utility I installed was setCPU (unless one was included in the rom, which I don't think there was). Currently setCPU is uninstalled, but there's still a backup of it in "titanium backup." I am detecting CPU status with the "Temp+CPU V2" widget.
In trying to revert to original settings, II have done everything crpeck listed below, but the CPU setting still remain:

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mounts and storage: format boot, system, data, cache
advanced: wipe Dalvik Cache
wipe data/factory reset again
wag the bag of chicken bones over my head
install zip Harmonia 1.3.zip
install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip
install zip Harmonia_1.3.1.zip (yes, again)
install zip Harmonia_Maps_Patch_July_5.7.zip
advanced - wipe Dalvik Cache (again)
reboot

I suppose the only way to control it will be to use setCPU...
Any idea what the default settings are? maybe i can just set them to default with setCPU or make better profiles on it.

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Even after clearing the data and uninstalling setCPU, the CPU range seems to be the same, and it has not even changed after I did a complete wipe (I did everything crpeck outlined) and reinstalled the rom. So is 245 Mhz min and 748 Mhz max (interactive) the default setting on the CPU? If not, how do i revert it back to the way it was before (it seems I have tried everything)?

I also saw this when I first flashed. I installed no frills cpu and it had 245/748 listed as the current setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress