[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

jono1515

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

I tried flashing this rom and now I can't get past the LG logo when I try to boot. It flashes Harmonia and then shuts off. Any advice on how to get my phone working again? Thanks!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Flash it again.
If that fails, redownload and.or do an md5 check on the file.

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Ugh, I'm having the same issue. I have two phones. One has the older screen and required no special tricks to flash your rom successfully, several times over. The other has the newer screen, and I've been running your rom with AnyKernel flashed over the top of it. I just noticed that you had 1.7 out, so I reflashed both phones.

My phone flashed successfully on the first try. Yay! Great as always.

My wife's phone flashed, but exhibits the same symptoms as a new phone running 1.6 -- the LG logo comes up, the phone boots, and the screen is a "lit" black. If you hold the phone at an angle, you can tell the LCD is definitely on, just not displaying anything other than a black screen.

I stopped back in to check for advice. I figured, "well, if it's a file download, I'll just put my SD card into her phone and flash it that way." I've got the same problem. Any ideas? Do I need to let the rom finish a full boot even though I can't see the screen?

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Flashing AnyKernel 014 over the Harmonia install brought my screen back. Might work as a quick fix for the user above.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Some phones are stubborn, mine wouldn't flash ANY rom for a few days and now works fine again.

Some speculate the flash memory quality has dropped and is causing issues with it not taking a flash like it should.

My advice, flash until it works right.

Reactions: jono1515

stinkbob

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Please bear with me cause I'm a noob at this phone stuff. I'm okay with computers but this is hard. I've also done searches but I can't figure out how to fix my problem. I would love to install this rom, it seems awsome!!!

I ginger broke my phone, installed MyBackup, FileManager, Rom Manager, Clockword Mod, and BusyBox. I've made a backup of my phone information via MyBackup. I am trying to make a nanariod backup, but when I boot my phone into recovery via Rom Manager, it doesnt give me that option. The only options I have are "reboot system" "apply sdcard:update.zip" "wipe data/factory reset" "and "wipe cache partition". There is no option to backup the phone. Did I do something wrong here?

Once I make a backup, I am kinda lost in how to flash this Rom. I was going to follow this directions
Install custom recovery image

The recovery image is an alternative bootup instead of normal Android Operating System. It allows low-level operations such as backup/restore a ROM, wipe partitions, and flash ROMs.

4. Download and copy the recovery image VM670NH_recovery.img (works with new & old OV screens) onto your /sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager). Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with the file above.

Flash Custom ROM

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html (Gingerbread)

6. Copy the unextracted ROM .zip that you wish to install to the /sdcard dir. Also if installing a CyanogenMod Gingerbread ROM, the unextracted gapps.zip also needs to be placed in the same dir to flash right after the ROM .zip.
7. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery mode (From powered off state, hold vol-down, home, and power button until the LG logo appears).
8. FIRST, BACKUP ORIGINAL ROM! Don't continue until this is successful. use vol-up/down, camera, & back keys to navigate in recovery.
9. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe cache partition, & under Advanced Settings, Wipe dalvik-cache, then format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.
10. Flash the custom ROM.zip from sdcard and gapps.zip too if going to a CyanogenMod ROM
11. Reboot and enjoy the new ROM, the first boot takes longer than usual, also some problems may disappear after rebooting.

NOTES:

- NEVER use the Android Settings 'Factory Reset' from now on, only do factory reset & wipes from within recovery mode. Most ROMs should have this option removed from the Android settings.

- Some newer Optimus V screens hardware changed, see link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html (BobZHome's IHO recovery from the Wiki binary -> recovery page also works with newer screens.)

- If restoring a backed up ROM in CWM recovery gives 'MD5 mismatch' error (likely caused by renaming a ROM backup). Try this fix:
# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/<name_of_backup>
# rm nandroid.md5
# md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

- If you ever want to restore to original stock ROM (ONLY on OV's with older screens), with original recovery and UNrooted:
How to restore your Optimus V to almost original condition - Prepaid Android

Will I need to boot into recovery mode, then click on "apply sdcard:update.zip" ?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

You still have the factory recovery in place.
When it sticks, you will have a backup/restore option.

jono1515

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I finally got mine to flash. Wasn't easy though. I had to copy files over with adb and flash a new recovery to get the screen back on. Then I flashed Harmonia on followed by a different kernel... if anyone else is having trouble I suggest checking this thread out: Possibly bricked lg optimus v? - Page 4 - Android Forums There's a lot of good information in there.

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I'm going to give it another go on Thursday morning with multiple flashes, but that wound up being my fix as well, Jono. I'll let you know how it goes, Leslie. Maybe there's two screen versions?

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

For the sake of troubleshooting, am I right in assuming that it doesn't matter which sdcard I'm flashing from?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Some cards may work better.

I always recommend formatting the card in the device you intend to use it. Some devices are very fickle about how things are done, computers on the other hand have more room for give. This is backed up by the fact that formatting with the phone has solved many card issues people have had.

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Some cards may work better.

I always recommend formatting the card in the device you intend to use it. Some devices are very fickle about how things are done, computers on the other hand have more room for give. This is backed up by the fact that formatting with the phone has solved many card issues people have had.
Fair enough, I'll add it to the list of variables for which I'm trying to control.

So format the card again, add the .zips to the card, and flash the rom multiple times if it doesn't go on the first attempt.

I'm using Xionia CWMA v1.2518.4 -- from the thread that Jono linked, this was also suggested:
The problem is with the screen drivers and the recovery's.
The older recovery's were designed for the Novatek screen drivers.
They are incompatible with the Hitachi screen drivers.
The recovery in ROM Manager was designed for the Novatek.
You have a Hitachi.
Sometimes instead of getting a black screen in the recovery, it won't happen until you install the ROM.
Now I'm not using ROM Manager, but could this be an issue with the older version of the recovery I'm running?

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Ok, formatted the card in it's device. Copied the .zip I have successfully flashed to an older phone. Wiped the cache, wiped the system from recovery. Flash the rom, boot to a black lit LCD.

Wipe and flash a second time, same result.
Wipe and flash a third time, same result.
Fourth, repeat. Fifth, repeat.

For giggles, I flashed xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV over the top of the fifth "failed" flash. The screen works now, and the boot was clean.

I'm going to try flashing the latest Xionia CMWA recovery and see if that would result in a clean first-time install of the ROM.

edit: nope! (although thankfully the recovery was still visible). flashing anykernel atop Harmonia 1.7 w/the new CMWA gives me a working screen again.

edit2: annnnd now I'm back to a xionia cwma 12518.4 virgin and the nandroid backup of Harmonia 1.6.1c w/the anykernel flashed atop it. Flash it another 5 times and see what happens? Maybe grab up that Android SDK so that I can display the screen on my computer -- make sure the rom took, but the screen didn't?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

the picasticks remix anykernel is the preferred kernel for new screen types, built into Harmonia 1.7
just for some reason the boot.img doesn't flash right on all the newer OV's.

if you'd like to be a tester, I've wanted to see for a while if using the update-binary from that anykernel in the Harmonia zip would make it work on picky phones like yours.

Last edited:

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

the picasticks remix anykernel is the preferred kernel for new screen types, built into Harmonia 1.7
just for some reason the boot.img doesn't flash right on all the newer OV's.

if you'd like to be a tester, I've wanted to see for a while if using the update-binary from that anykernel in the Harmonia zip would make it work on picky phones like yours.

Didnt work without the link to the kernel ... thanks !

olliedroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm happy to test if you'd find it useful.

For the most recent poster: did you just flash the kernel atop your ROM installation? Might try that.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm happy to test if you'd find it useful.

For the most recent poster: did you just flash the kernel atop your ROM installation? Might try that.

ok, today I'll put a harmonia 1.7 zip with the different update-binary on my 4shared account for testing.
Will edit this post with a link when it's done.

@Leslieann, if you don't approve, I'll remove it.

edit: later, still busy, but I'll get it posted here sometime tonight. @Leslieann, thanks.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

ok, today I'll put a harmonia 1.7 zip with the different update-binary on my 4shared account for testing.
Will edit this post with a link when it's done.

@Leslieann, if you don't approve, I'll remove it.

Sure, no problem. I would like to figure out what is happening.

Reactions: bigsupersquid