which method to use (have global RUU flashed already)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.

I have the global RUU installed on my otherwise stock Rezound. Considering I'm running the global RUU, is there any recommendation on which guide I should use?

MrSmith's http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...66392-guide-unlocking-rooting-roming-faq.html
Paul's http://forums.androidcentral.com/re...uide-guide-unlocking-rooting-htc-rezound.html
Scotty's http://androidforums.com/rezound-al...ys-noob-friendly-root-guide-start-finish.html

I have to ask because none of them seem to start with the global RUU; I don't know if it matters.

Thank you!

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I used Hasoon's All in One kit when I did mine. I have the Global RUU. The kit is an app that does almost everything for you. The only thing I had to do not using the kit was to install Super User. I may also have a copy of the rooted deodexed version of the Global RUU that I used.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I used Hasoon's All in One kit when I did mine. I have the Global RUU. The kit is an app that does almost everything for you. The only thing I had to do not using the kit was to install Super User. I may also have a copy of the rooted deodexed version of the Global RUU that I used.

Wow ... I did not know an All-in-One kit existed for the Rezound! Were you running the Global RUU when you started the rooting process?

Googling the kit now. Thanks for the tip, plemelin. :)

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow ... I did not know an All-in-One kit existed for the Rezound! Were you running the Global RUU when you started the rooting process?

Googling the kit now. Thanks for the tip, plemelin. :)

I don't think it matters. I don't think the global "fixed" any exploits.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Somehow after 6 months on the Global RUU, my phone decided to get stuck on the HTC screen at boot. No solutions worked, so I relocked and am reinstalling the Global RUU. It has to be run twice correct? I'm in the process of the 2nd run, and I'm VERY worried about battery life. I think I have enough, but what would happen if it ran out of juice in the middle of this 2nd install?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Somehow after 6 months on the Global RUU, my phone decided to get stuck on the HTC screen at boot. No solutions worked, so I relocked and am reinstalling the Global RUU. It has to be run twice correct? I'm in the process of the 2nd run, and I'm VERY worried about battery life. I think I have enough, but what would happen if it ran out of juice in the middle of this 2nd install?

I would have waited til I got to an electrical outlet before starting the 2nd run. I never ran out of power during an install, but I will cross my fingers that you'll just be able to plug the phone in, wipe and restart if necessary. :-\

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was good, and I was. I had about 40% left when it finished and rebooted. I just had a panic attack for a minute. I was at an outlet, I just didn't think it would charge while in bootloader.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was good, and I was. I had about 40% left when it finished and rebooted. I just had a panic attack for a minute. I was at an outlet, I just didn't think it would charge while in bootloader.

It doesn't charge in bootloader or recovery either. Glad you made it through the flash though... I think you'd have bricked it otherwise. There might be a way to come back from that but I don't think it would have been pretty.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty