Why are not all apps supported with multi window?

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
How come multi window on the note 2 does not support all apps?

I'd use it all the time if it did. Otherwise I'm stuck using it with Facebook, youtube and the Web browser as none of the other apps interest me.

Andy

Posted via Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Look at it this way. Multi-window is only available on a very few devices (I think Note 2, Note 3, and Galaxy S4). Consider how many other android devices are out there besides these. It doesn't make a lot of sense for developers to spend the extra time coding for Multi-window if it's only available on a few devices (and all from ONE manufacturer). I think multi-window is a great idea, and hopefully more manufacturers take advantage of it, but until it becomes more mainstream, I don't think it's gonna happen. Plus, Multi-Window on Samsung would also have to then be compatible with other manufacturer's skins (LG, Moto, Sony, etc) and be coded the same way so that devs can actually do something with it.... it sucks, but I'm guessing this is the reason more apps are not compatible with it.

I'm willing to be told otherwise though. These are just my thoughts, with nothing other then an opinion to back it up...

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I know what your saying. But it seems pointless unless more useful apps are supported. Also, multi window is on the s3 too. So with the s3 s4 note 2 and 3 there are millions of devices that could be supported. They are the 4 flagship phones.

Posted via Android Central App

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Multi Window is actually on a lot of the Galaxy line now. That, combined with the fact that Samsung sells more devices than any 2 or 3 or more of it's competitors combined, MW is on more devices than most know. Add in tablets & the number gets even bigger.

smartphone_market_share.png.CROP.article568-large.png

What apps were you wanting to be compatible? Check out the thread in my signature.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the multi window more on my Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Not so much on my Note 2.
I use it more with YouTube and Dolphin Browser at the same time. But it would be nice if the Play Store would be a multi window app.

Other apps for this multi window feature would be:
aCalendar
DGT GTD
Memento Database
Feedly

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
If you root and install the xposed mod you can add any app you want to it.
3era4apy.jpg

android74

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Can someone explain more in detail pros&cons between apps with multi window support and apps w/o but can be added with root update and how to do this root? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain more in detail pros&cons between apps with multi window support and apps w/o but can be added with root update and how to do this root? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I don't see much pros (or cons) for multi window support on the Note 2. On the Note 10.1 i do use this once in a while. But the note 2 has too small screen for this.

What i do use on the Note 2, is "Floating apps". It can display widgets on floating windows.

Tane POE

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Look at it this way. Multi-window is only available on a very few devices (I think Note 2, Note 3, and Galaxy S4). Consider how many other android devices are out there besides these. It doesn't make a lot of sense for developers to spend the extra time coding for Multi-window if it's only available on a few devices (and all from ONE manufacturer). I think multi-window is a great idea, and hopefully more manufacturers take advantage of it, but until it becomes more mainstream, I don't think it's gonna happen. Plus, Multi-Window on Samsung would also have to then be compatible with other manufacturer's skins (LG, Moto, Sony, etc) and be coded the same way so that devs can actually do something with it.... it sucks, but I'm guessing this is the reason more apps are not compatible with it.

I'm willing to be told otherwise though. These are just my thoughts, with nothing other then an opinion to back it up...

Just in case you forgot...the MULTIWINDOW been available since the Galaxy S3.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana