Anyway to calibrate the SPen ?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
My SPen has been off since day one, and yes after a factory wipe. When i hover above the screen the dot is noticeably to the right of the tip of the pen and it seems to translate when touching the screen with the pen as well. Anyone else see this or have a way of solving it?

Thanks

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The weird thing is my phone picks up the entire end of the pen (whats holding the tip) rather than the tip itself.... not sure what the deal is.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My SPen has been off since day one, and yes after a factory wipe. When i hover above the screen the dot is noticeably to the right of the tip of the pen and it seems to translate when touching the screen with the pen as well. Anyone else see this or have a way of solving it?

Thanks
I think it sounds like something is wrong with the S-pen. How well does it work with a finger tip?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I think it sounds like something is wrong with the S-pen. How well does it work with a finger tip?

Finger works just fine no issues and my note 2 pin works awesome as well, so it does sound like a problem with the pen. Would hate to replace the phone just for the pen but might have to.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Finger works just fine no issues and my note 2 pin works awesome as well, so it does sound like a problem with the pen. Would hate to replace the phone just for the pen but might have to.
OH surely they'd just give you a pen for crying out loud. I know, why expect logic. I'd hate to have to start over with a new phone to set up again. I'd be tempted to buy a new S-pen for right now, you should always have a spare anyway. Maybe contacting Samsung's customer service might be worthwhile, maybe they'd authorize an exchange of an S-pen....

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Thanks
I'm assuming you've tried Masked Mamba's idea of changing tips? That would be first choice. But before having to give up a set up phone, I just found this on a search, thought it might be helpful if all else fails. :: Android Fever ::: How to calibrate Galaxy note S Pen I'm not sure if the example used is the original Note or Note 2, but something there might work, there were some comments that looked helpful too.

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
There are ways to both adjust the sensitivity of the spen as well as calibrate it to your screen. I posted the YouTube video to adjust sensitivity in another thread. Regarding calibration, I saw the method somewhere but can't recall where; you'll have to do a search.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On the note 1 the calibration method was essentially to open a note and run the penn off the screen in all directions and through the corners. Not sure if it works on the note 3 but worth a shot.

Posted via Android Central App

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Tried all the tricks and nothing worked, took it in and asked for a new pen they said they would have to replace the entire phone. So I did that and am having much better results!

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it would have to be in the digitizer that senses the pen location. The feed back from the s pen comes from a wire coil near the tip of the s pen. Not much to go wrong there.

Emre Cetiner

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
If you are using your device with a flip cover case, magnets which are in the back side of the case affects the pen with its magnetic field. Try replacing the case or magnets in it.

rom minou

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much! It's exactly that. The magnetic sensor ofmy case perturbates recognition the exact place of the S pen tip when I'm rightjust above the magnetic sensor of my case. It's not a default of the s-pen. I try to complete tests to be sure.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to your dialer press *#0*# and do the WACOM test see how much off your pen is there is a SPEN hovering test included too..

dustinmj27

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for that trick. By using that calibration tool in there I realized its like putting 2 opposite ends of magnets together. the circle jumps slightly to left when I'm over the spot where the case magnet is.

Holly Pennington

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Emre Cetiner

If you are using your device with a flip cover case, magnets which are in the back side of the case affects the pen with its magnetic field. Try replacing the case or magnets in it.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! This totally worked for me, such a simple and easy fix.

Silithas

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Go to your dialer press *#0*# and do the WACOM test see how much off your pen is there is a SPEN hovering test included too..

I have the same issue with my s-pen being a half inch out of place, specially in drawing apps. But in the test you've mentioned, then it was all just fine :S