Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

You trade in at Beat Buy. I pre-ordered my Note 4 yesterday but the sales person said I would only get $40 for my GNex. I told him about the promo and he said that thru BB it is UP TO $200 or as "brentj" stated previously "trade in value may vary". I checked the fine print on the BB promo web page and he is right so I'll be getting $40 from Best Buy and then submitting the paperwork to Samsung for the remaining $160.

That sales person is simply wrong. You can at least get a $200 gift card from Best Buy if you pre-order the Note 4. That is clear from their web page. The point I was trying to make is that it is not completely clear, and perhaps the $200 gift card is in addition to whatever they give you for trade-in (probably not, but the argument could be made).

But if the BestBuy and Samsung offers are "either one or the other, but not both," AND if the BestBuy gift card cannot be applied to the purchase of the Note 4, then maybe it's better to get $40 trade-in from BestBuy and $160 cash from Samsung. (Unless there is something else you want to buy at BestBuy in a couple weeks with the gift card.)

terrellvest7

May 15, 2012
Visit site

My question is, do we know if BestBuy will allow us to use the $200 giftcard on the note 4 purchases that day?? For me, this makes all the difference.

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Does it even show the value of your trade-in (to be over $10) on the receipt ?

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

so i was at BB a couple of days ago, and they told me the following, which is not reflected in the BB site. they told me they will not accept trade-in and cashback unless i purchase the phone on contract... no outright purchases. verizon is selling it 699 outright, so i thought why not, since they come sim-unlocked and take it over to t-mo on the walmart plan. but the "contract only" made me walk away. either they don't know what they're saying (more than likely) or it is true. i'm just going to pre-order at t-mo store so that i can get wifi calling, even though it is going to cost $50 more & rebate via samsung. totally worth it not dealing with BB.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

So is there any concrete answer on getting the bestbuy gift card promo with buying the note off,contract? Seems like people are getting conflicting answers.

Posted via the Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

So is there any concrete answer on getting the bestbuy gift card promo with buying the note off,contract? Seems like people are getting conflicting answers.

I'd have to clarify this later at work but usually the way these work is that these offers are only good if the phone is activated at Best Buy. Our system will give us the option that asks if we want to include the promo and will ask for the phone number that was used for the activation. If it was activated then the customer will get the extra money. All trade-ins are issued in the form of a Best Buy gift card and can be used towards the purchase of the phone.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I'd have to clarify this later at work but usually the way these work is that these offers are only good if the phone is activated at Best Buy. Our system will give us the option that asks if we want to include the promo and will ask for the phone number that was used for the activation. If it was activated then the customer will get the extra money. All trade-ins are issued in the form of a Best Buy gift card and can be used towards the purchase of the phone.

Can you check how much bestbuy will be charging for the verizon note 4 off contract?

Also,if we do the promotion through Samsung's website, can we do our trade in whenever we want. For example, could I preorder today and do my trade in tomorrow and qualify for the promo? I only see restrictions on the min. Trade in value on the promo site.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Can you check how much bestbuy will be charging for the verizon note 4 off contract?

Also,if we do the promotion through Samsung's website, can we do our trade in whenever we want. For example, could I preorder today and do my trade in tomorrow and qualify for the promo? I only see restrictions on the min. Trade in value on the promo site.

I'll see if we have pricing for it yet.

I can also check with our Samsung rep to see how their promo works.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

It's $799 which is surprising since its cheaper than AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It's $799 which is surprising since its cheaper than AT&T.

Well if it is truely 799 then wr are better off,buying it from verizon or somewhere else as verizon sells it for 699. The 799 you are referencing was the note 4 you preordered,right? At&tis charging more for theirs then verizon so that is why I am hoping the no contract price for,the verizon version at bestbuy will be the too that verizon charges

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Some Best Buy reps are bad and don't really care about anything. Luckily I'm obsessed with mobile phones so I look in to all this stuff.....haha

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Well if it is truely 799 then wr are better off,buying it from verizon or somewhere else as verizon sells it for 699. The 799 you are referencing was the note 4 you preordered,right? At&tis charging more for theirs then verizon so that is why I am hoping the no contract price for,the verizon version at bestbuy will be the too that verizon charges

Correct. Verizon Note 4 is not yet on Best Buy online. Sadly I have to buy the AT&T version since I'm too scared the T-Mobile version won't work fully on AT&T.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

If we buy a note 4 (off contract) from Verizon, will we be able to use it on t-mobile or at&t networks? Will that qualify for trade-in?

Could someone please explain the differences between Best Buy and Samsung trade-in program? Please give an example. I am totally confused.
Thanks.

I have an old at&t galaxy s3 that I just replaced the screen to trade-in for the note 4 :)

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I see bestbuy's website now has the Sprint note 4 as coming soon and lists the no contract price as 750 so I could see the verizon version as 700

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

If we buy a note 4 (off contract) from Verizon, will we be able to use it on t-mobile or at&t networks? Will that qualify for trade-in?

Could someone please explain the differences between Best Buy and Samsung trade-in program? Please give an example. I am totally confused.
Thanks.

I have an old at&t galaxy s3 that I just replaced the screen to trade-in for the note 4 :)
Both trade-in offers net you $200 for pre-ordering a Note 4 with Best Buy. If you do it through Best Buy you get a BB gift card. If you show Samsung that you did a trade-in with BB then you'll get a Visa gift card for the difference between your trade-in pirce and $200.

Example: If your phone is worth $50, Samsung will give you a Visa gift card for $150.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

It's really nice, but realistically, if I sell my current phone bundled with accessories and everything installed..I bet I can do better than $200. Of course, if you're still holding onto an S2 that may be another issue. ;) I suspect I will not be deterred from the eBay method of getting trade-in value.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I've decided to keep my Note 2 as a backup phone. I went on eBay and purchased a used Motorola Droid RAZR for $70, for which BestBuy lists the trade-in value as $25 if in good condition, $11.25 if in poor condition, so I plan to use that to get the $200 trade-in deal.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Heh, Samsung has now revised the terms of its $200 trade-in guarantee, as found here: https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/
It now makes clear that the Samsung offer is NOT available to people who order from Best Buy. But it also says "Best Buy customers go in-store to redeem instantly starting 10/17." That sounds like you definitely get the $200 off right when you purchase the Note 4, which I think is better than waiting for a check from Samsung.

SamsungTradeinOfferVersion2.JPG

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Heh, Samsung has now revised the terms of its $200 trade-in guarantee, as found here: https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/
It now makes clear that the Samsung offer is NOT available to people who order from Best Buy. But it also says "Best Buy customers go in-store to redeem instantly starting 10/17." That sounds like you definitely get the $200 off right when you purchase the Note 4, which I think is better than waiting for a check from Samsung.

View attachment 138201

This makes me want to buy an old smartphone on eBay and trade in....

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 138201

Where did you get the updated flyer. The website still has the old one. Also hoping bestbuy will give the 200 for no contract purchases since it sounds like Samsung is reimbursing bestbuy. Why else would they not let best buy purchases qualify.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez