02-12-2017 02:42 AM
48 12
tools
    Like I said, I don't have my Note available at the moment so I can't quite remember the quick buttons on the notification window.

But, try first turning the sound on, then using the notification window quick button to set it to the non-vibrating mute (don't use the volume sliders or side buttons), and see if the alarm works. If not, I've got no idea. And if that's how you've been turning on the mute, then I *really* have no idea why your Note is being so bratty. I'm out of ideas.
    Yea That's exactly what I've been doing. But I'm wondering if it has always said mute and not silent. I hope it works itself out I don't want to factory reset because of this.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-31-2014 10:30 AM
    Yea That's exactly what I've been doing. But I'm wondering if it has always said mute and not silent. I hope it works itself out I don't want to factory reset because of this.

Okay, that's how I set my phone to mute/silent as well.

I really don't know about the terminology, its not on a menu I look at very often/almost never - I was just going by the screenshots. 'Mute' is obviously the title of the 'no sound/no vibrate' choice I was thinking of. Yeah, I've got no clue at all. If I think of something or find something in the settings, I'll post here. Hopefully, though, someone else will have more ideas.
    10-31-2014 10:35 AM
    I hate to state the obvious but all else has failed. On the actual alarm setting page, you do have the slider on volume up, right? That is what always has set the alarm volume before. If I turn that down, the rest of the sound sliders do not move.
    Good Luck!
    10-31-2014 12:01 PM
    I hate to state the obvious but all else has failed. On the actual alarm setting page, you do have the slider on volume up, right? That is what always has set the alarm volume before. If I turn that down, the rest of the sound sliders do not move.
    Good Luck!
    Yes. All the way up.

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Alarm won't ring in silent-uploadfromtaptalk1414772661604.jpg  
    10-31-2014 12:24 PM
    Weird.... I put my phone on mute and the alarm most definitely rings

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    10-31-2014 12:35 PM
    Weird.... I put my phone on mute and the alarm most definitely rings

Mine did too until like Wednesday. I uninstalled all apps that I installed til now. I'll see if anyone else has suggestions otherwise I'm factory resetting.

10-31-2014 12:38 PM
    Mine did too until like Wednesday. I uninstalled all apps that I installed til now. I'll see if anyone else has suggestions otherwise I'm factory resetting.

Yeah I have had weird issues in the past only solved by factory data reset. Hopefully you can fix it without one though. Or consider using a third party alarm

10-31-2014 12:46 PM
    Yeah I have had weird issues in the past only solved by factory data reset. Hopefully you can fix it without one though. Or consider using a third party alarm

That's my only problem I really don't want to use a third party one. I have in the past but keep coming back. I'm already backing up my data perhaps this will fix a few other problems too.

10-31-2014 12:48 PM

Try wiping the cache partition before you factory reset, it may work and if it does would save you a lot of time.
    10-31-2014 01:01 PM
    this might not work for everyone, but to be SURE that my alarm will work during the night (wake up alarm) I just put the phone on Airplane and make sure all the volumes (all 7) are on MAX. that way there will be no mistakes.
    10-31-2014 01:16 PM
    Try wiping the cache partition before you factory reset, it may work and if it does would save you a lot of time.
    I had already done that...twice. lol I already factory reset and it worked. Oddly enough my screen also seems sharper lol. Thanks for all the suggestions though guys.
    10-31-2014 02:00 PM
    I had already done that...twice. lol I already factory reset and it worked. Oddly enough my screen also seems sharper lol. Thanks for all the suggestions though guys.
    Glad u got it fixed... Stuff like tht is so annoying! 😞
    10-31-2014 05:05 PM
    This is extremely frustrating. I think I found a setting earlier today that I was going to suggest checking on, but now, I can't for the life of me remember where I found it. Hopefully I'll remember it. Right now, I can't even remember how I found it.
    11-01-2014 11:24 PM
    Alarm will not sound on silent mode. It never has. It will, however, on vibrate mode.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 05:43 AM
    Alarm will not sound on silent mode. It never has. It will, however, on vibrate mode.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It will and it does now that I factory reset my phone.

11-02-2014 07:47 AM
    It will and it does now that I factory reset my phone.

My daughter had same issue with her s5 last week and it was the accessibility/service apps I turned app off and alarm worked... I think this is a bug they need to fix when they do a software update!! It happens with calculator alarm and S Voice...
    11-08-2014 07:25 AM
    My daughter had same issue with her s5 last week and it was the accessibility/service apps I turned app off and alarm worked... I think this is a bug they need to fix when they do a software update!! It happens with calculator alarm and S Voice...
    So how did you fix it? Just in case I run into this problem again.

11-08-2014 07:49 AM
    So how did you fix it? Just in case I run into this problem again.

Just go to setting accessibility services whatever is on under services turn it off and make sure media volume is up... An alarm will work...
    11-08-2014 07:18 PM
    My alarm quit working a few days ago...no one that has looked at it can make it work

Never mind, I took the battery out for a min and is working now
    12-26-2014 05:19 AM
    Just FYI, this just worked for me:

(Note 4 in regular/default power mode, phone is completely silent w/NO vibration)

Settings -> sound & notification -> application notification -> (scroll to Clock) -> set as priority 'ON'.

Give it a try!
    06-19-2015 12:14 AM
    If you want to save your battery then try putting the phone in flight mode which will turn off all the battery draining data. Your alarms will ring just fine. Just remember to disable flight mode after you wake!
    06-19-2015 05:13 PM
    So I put my phone in ultra power saving mode at night. My alarms are set to loud but have not rung for the past few days. I tried it in regular silent mode, still nothing. Only worked in sound mode, did not try in vibrate. I have not changed the sound settings at all what could it be? I checked the power saving, sound and clock settings. Nothing that sticks out. Help?

Go to "device" - "sounds and notifications " - "do not disturb" - "exceptions" - "allow exceptions" - set "on" and click alarms.
    07-12-2016 11:08 PM
    Thanks! Your post solved my problem. :-)
    02-12-2017 02:42 AM
48 12