10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 9192939495 ...
tools
    So which reps have you been able to successfully order from? Because I have talked to like 4 today and none will let me do an online order.
    09-20-2016 06:55 PM
    So which reps have you been able to successfully order from? Because I have talked to like 4 today and none will let me do an online order.
    The guy i talked to was giving me issues. I had to explain that there is no corporate store withing a hundred miles.
    He said that he's sending me a note 7 same color. Worry free guarantee. Whatever that means. Where did you purchase you'rs? Also is there a corporate store near you?
    Right now my account says there's a credit hold and I have to contact them before they can process my order.
    09-20-2016 06:57 PM
    I can only say the one I talked to, Lavisha. I referenced the successes on this thread, cause she wasn't gonna do it. She put me on hold and said their systems HAVE been updated and they can set up the orders and all it's just WE can't RECEIVE the phone until the 21st. So I'm good to go now. Free Overnight Shipping UPS. I have the tracking # but UPS hasn't picked it up yet so probably Thursday. And she said I could keep all the accessories.OH and a shipping label for the old phone
    I was really nice and she was really nice right back at me. What can I say man some people know how to put a little sugar on it and some people don't

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 07:02 PM
    I have a store about an hour away, but they're refusing to put one on hold for me. So they only had 1 left today and didn't want to drive an hour to find out they handed it out to someone else. I purchased the phone online because lack of corp store near me.
    09-20-2016 07:03 PM
    Went to my VZW Corp store greeter said yeah we have them.. The sales rep said "they're not supposed to be til tomorrow". I said " the greeter says you have them". Then she comes back and says "you want black". I say "no I want blue like I have now". She says "you might check back tomorrow". WTF?
    09-20-2016 07:03 PM
    I can only say the one I talked to, Lavisha. I referenced the successes on this thread, cause she wasn't gonna do it. She put me on hold and said their systems HAVE been updated and they can set up the orders and all it's just WE can't RECEIVE the phone until the 21st. So I'm good to go now. Free Overnight Shipping UPS. I have the tracking # but UPS hasn't picked it up yet so probably Thursday. And she said I could keep all the accessories.OH and a shipping label for the old phone

Peace. Alan
    I'm going to call back later tonight and reference this thread as well.
    EDIT: can you check you're Verizon account online and let me know if it says anything in notifications about an order and if that order is on hold?
    09-20-2016 07:05 PM
    Just called my local corporate store (which is only a seven minute drive ) and asked when they were going to be sold again. The lady said they have a limited quantity and were both exchanging and selling them and told me I can come by whenever and they'd sell me one. So I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow and see if I can snag one without previously owning a Note7.
    Shamshi-Adad and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-20-2016 07:06 PM
    Sorry to hear about some of your experiences. I was in and out of the Dublin,CA location in about 20 minutes. I returned my old blue Note 7 and was told I was the 10th customer to do so. It was a smooth and seamless process. They took just the phone itself back. I kept all the accessories and even the (now a spare) S-pen. I put the 256gb card in the new phone, turned it on, activated it and left the store a happy camper.
    Shamshi-Adad and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-20-2016 07:06 PM
    you certainly ain't been around here all day. A LOT of us have successfully ordered our new replacements over the phone today and they're shipping overnight with reurn label to ship the defectives back.

Peace. Alan
    That's good I'll try both methods. If bought it from a non Verizon retail store, I wonder if I can do it for both.

One bought online Verizon store and one at non Verizon store.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:10 PM
    I'm going to call back later tonight and reference this thread as well.
    EDIT: can you check you're Verizon account online and let me know if it says anything in notifications about an order and if that order is on hold?
    Yes you can. I did. And it doesn't "indicate" its on hold.

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 07:12 PM
    Just got back from my local corporate store, did the replacement exchange with no problem, took about 15 minutes total. Am now at home doing the restore on new phone, couldn't be happier.
    09-20-2016 07:13 PM
    swapped out mine today. Murrieta, Ca. Corp Store. Now to reinstall and resetup phone.
    Shamshi-Adad and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-20-2016 07:14 PM
    those of you who are having your phone shipped did you have to sign onto your account and accept the terms and conditions
    09-20-2016 07:14 PM
    That's good I'll try both methods. If bought it from a non Verizon retail store, I wonder if I can do it for both.

One bought online Verizon store and one at non Verizon store.
    I'd say Yes, but can't say. Non-Verizon - do you mean like a Wal-Mart or BestBuy or a cellp[hone store that has Verizon signs all over it but is NOT a Corporate Verizon Store?

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 07:19 PM
    I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them . Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.
    09-20-2016 07:19 PM
    I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them . Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.
    I'd be furious. Even says no restocking fee on the website.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:20 PM
    those of you who are having your phone shipped did you have to sign onto your account and accept the terms and conditions
    THey sent me an email that had a link for me to go to and approve the transaction.

Peace Alan
    09-20-2016 07:22 PM
    Got my new Note 7 today at the corporate Verizon store. I was told I had to go there since I got the phone from Verizon.com. The had 7 in stock at 6pm all black.

5 minutes after being turned on, there was a Samsung update that changed my battery to green.

FINALLY have my phone back!!!!!

Just checked, phone date is 9/1/16
    09-20-2016 07:23 PM
    I got the green batteries and everything.

I notice the fast charge is also a little slower on this new phone like my explosive model after the green battery update.
    (
    Phone started at 43% it took 90 to get to 100% charged

Not happy with that
    09-20-2016 07:23 PM
    Just ordered my replacement on the phone with CS. they said they would be sending a box to send back my loaner S7 Edge. She was not sure on the shipping date but said i would get it asap.
    09-20-2016 07:24 PM
    Ok then, I expect the battery will settle in. What choo gonna do on the pen, wrap some Scotch tape around it and make it thicker?

Peace. Alan
    Not, just that thought is killing my OCD.
    I hope it's just the S pen and not a loose S Pen hole. That just doesn't sound right.
    Tisha722 likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:25 PM
    Does anyone know how the $25 bill credit is supposed to be given? I exchanged my Note 7 for the updated ones today in Corporate Store and they had no idea.
    09-20-2016 07:27 PM
    First, I bought my Note 7 online from verizon.com. When the phones were announced as recalled I decided I wanted to stay with the Note (a decision which would have been harder if the V20 were available now).

Having done a fair amount of reading seemed to me that holding onto the phone (in a drawer powered down while the sim was in a 6P) and waiting until the new ones were available would be the way to deal with the situation. I've read a number of pundits who felt that replacements were about to be seeded into carrier stores so on a hunch I took mine with me to work.

Verizon Corp stores are about 40 mins from my house both North and South of me, and I choose the Corp store on Airport Rd in Bethlehem, PA, in the end I'm glad I did.

Met the greeter and told him I wanted to exchange my "explosive Note for a non-explosive one" and he very nicely told me there were 2 people in front of me but they would be right with me.

Took about 15 mins, was interesting the folks who had been there were buying iPhones, the 2 in front of me one also was buying an iPhone and the other was also exchanging his black Note, mine is black too. While I was sitting, waiting, others came in mostly to buy iPhones but 2 came in to exchange Notes, one had a blue one and was hoping they had another blue on to give him - they did and he too was asked to wait his turn.

Once it was my turn a very nice young lady came to me and asked what she could do for me, I explained again I wanted a non-explosive Note (and noted again she really didn't find the humor in that ). She asked me to identify myself and the phone number to be replaced, and then, gasp, asked me if I had the box with me - I did not. Damn I meant to put that in my briefcase last night and over looked it. I asked if she could please deal with this exceptionally as I had come from about 40 mins away. She asked me if there was another Verizon store closer to my house and I explained only 3rd party stores and for a matter like this I had been told to access a Corp store. At this point the manager came by and asked the young lady to come with her to the back.

He (the manager) came out first and said "we are going to help you out, don't worry" and I smiled profusely and said "thank you" in my most grateful voice I could muster.

The young lady came out quickly with a new Note and explained the manager said we could do this and she would just keep the new box - "fine with me I only need to walk out of here with a good phone" and she said "don't worry - you will".

We did the necessaries, powered on the old Note and wiped it, showed my proof of ID (remember to take your license as well as the original box), got the new Note activated. She asked if she could help me set up the phone I told her that was not necessary - I am very capable with such matters and she said something like - that's so nice to hear.

And so I am the proud owner of a non-exploding Note 7 with a green battery icon (that only turned so after a quick update to the software after signing in). Its reloading apps as we speak!
    09-20-2016 07:28 PM
    Not, just that thought is killing my OCD.
    I hope it's just the S pen and not a loose S Pen hole. That just doesn't sound right.
    Man oh Man - You gotta take that thing BACK!!!

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 07:29 PM
    I don't understand why we have to pay taxes again because we paid taxes on the original note 7.
    You should have only paid tax on the phone you currently have.

When I returned my original Note 7 in that Tax was refunded
    my loaner was the G7E I paid the tax on that
    Today I returned the loaner and paid the difference between the G7E and the Note 7 which was $4.35
    keepnitreel and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-20-2016 07:29 PM
3,177 ... 9192939495 ...