10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 9394959697 ...
tools
    The 800 number rep told me I had to return all the accessories to. It seems it's hit or miss, and next month we will probably see complaints of being charged for accessories for not returning them
    09-20-2016 08:33 PM
    Phone rep would not let me exchange... Said in store only. Finally got someone on chat, trying that now.
    09-20-2016 08:36 PM
    Went to corporate VZ store in Albuquerque this afternoon. Took only the phone and walked out 40 minutes later with a new Note 7 with the accessories. Couldn't have been easier.
    Kalkarni00 and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-20-2016 08:36 PM
    Cross post with thread about getting replacement:

Stopped at Verizon corporate store in Boise,ID on Milwaukee after donating platelets this afternoon, just hoping to get on a list.
    They had stock including 6 in blue, so i told the greeter that I only had the phone, was not going to wait 35 minutes for my turn if i needed everything. she said no problem.

My turn came and the guy was going to turn me away since no box and stuff but his manager said it was ok. I left with only the phone, no paperwork or anything else, not even the box but at least I have a phone instead of using my Note 2!
    My smart switch to PC from about 10 days ago is done restoring and my phone looks ready to go!

I had hoped to leave with the box and an extra charger for all the hassle but whatever just hoping the Samsung $25 credit shows up...

P.s.
    The kid turned on my wiped phone, put it into the box with the black square indicating new, and closed it up. A phone that can overheat and burn. In closed box... yeah... I should have tried harder to get those accessories before they melt!
    bluesboy77 and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-20-2016 08:44 PM
    Copied the following from an article in wall street journal.

The link to said article

http://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung-...day-1474411674
    09-20-2016 08:51 PM
    Cross post with thread about getting replacement:

Stopped at Verizon corporate store in Boise,ID on Milwaukee after donating platelets this afternoon, just hoping to get on a list.
    They had stock including 6 in blue, so i told the greeter that I only had the phone, was not going to wait 35 minutes for my turn if i needed everything. she said no problem.

My turn came and the guy was going to turn me away since no box and stuff but his manager said it was ok. I left with only the phone, no paperwork or anything else, not even the box but at least I have a phone instead of using my Note 2!
    My smart switch to PC from about 10 days ago is done restoring and my phone looks ready to go!

I had hoped to leave with the box and an extra charger for all the hassle but whatever just hoping the Samsung $25 credit shows up...
    You got ripped off.... All they need was the phone... They're still using protocol for a regular exchange and not a recall, smh..
    I kept everything from the 1st N7 and was able to keep the charger and headphone from the S7edge loaner..
    09-20-2016 08:52 PM
    Anyone notice if you have the edge clock on the battery is green there as well now?
    09-20-2016 08:56 PM
    They made me turn mine in with the everything that came in the box, but I don't really care that much they are crap accessories anyway and not worth anything, I'm just glad they replaced my phone this afternoon with no hassle, in and out in 15 minutes.
    09-20-2016 08:59 PM
    Anyone notice if you have the edge clock on the battery is green there as well now?
    It is. Just looks a little blue on the night clock clock to me though.
    09-20-2016 09:03 PM
    After a long day at Verizon I have replaced both my Note 7's. Glad I went today cause they said they only had 15 blue coral at that location in AL. They took only the phones didn't care for the old box or accessories.
    09-20-2016 09:09 PM
    They made me turn mine in with the everything that came in the box, but I don't really care that much they are crap accessories anyway and not worth anything...
    Same here, which I half expected and brought the stuff with me just in case. They didn't even care that a cat tried to chew the cable. Lol

Though, when I got home, I noticed I must have put our old Note 3 charger in the box by mistake instead of the N7's quick charger. They look so much alike, and had been plugged in to the same power strip when I got it, that I grabbed the older and slower charger by mistake.

Oh darn. Whatever shall I do...
    09-20-2016 09:14 PM
    Same here, which I half expected and brought the stuff with me just in case. They didn't even care that a cat tried to chew the cable. Lol

Though, when I got home, I noticed I must have put our old Note 3 charger in the box by mistake instead of the N7's quick charger. They look so much alike, and had been plugged in to the same power strip when I got it, that I grabbed the older and slower charger by mistake.

Oh darn. Whatever shall I do...
    Nice
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 09:23 PM
    I called my local corporate store & was told they had "plenty available"... Just to be sure I did the online add to cart, just to make sure... Yessss! the Note showed up in stock at that store... When I got there, I was told they had NONE! Waste of time & gas!
    09-20-2016 09:26 PM
    I called my local corporate store & was told they had "plenty available"... Just to be sure I did the online add to cart, just to make sure... Yessss! the Note showed up in stock at that store... When I got there, I was told they had NONE! Waste of time & gas!
    I did the same thing this afternoon. I went to a corporate store after adding it to my account and was told they didn't have any, even after confirming they had 5 black ones on the phone about ten mins before I arrived. I showed my call history, and had to talk to a manager to show him that I had it in my cart and it showed available. He didn't mutter another word, and went to the back and got my phone. Had nothing to say the entire time until I left except have a goodnight.

I'm pretty sure the original counter monkey said no because I went in on Monday and asked if they had any yet and he was annoyed when I said that I know the date is by the 21st, not on it. Never dealing in a corporate store again.
    Kalkarni00 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-20-2016 09:34 PM
    Also, anyone have official details on the $25 credit? I asked but was told that it is only on my bill and it doesn't work in store for any accessories or anything. I was pretty sure it was either or, but at the point of asking I was already quite irritated and just needed to get out of the corporate store.
    09-20-2016 09:37 PM
    Local store showed up as having blue in stock. Going there now in hopes of a painless swap...
    09-20-2016 09:57 PM
    2gb bonus? How do you get that?
    I think you have to have the "L" or "XL" data plan. Then add a line or some other ways you can get the bonus.
    WyDave, k.scott and skatergirl like this.
    09-20-2016 09:59 PM
    Has anyone tried Degoo? It's an app that I found that is FREE, and gives you 100GB, FOR FREE.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:22 PM
    Anyone with the Verizon and green battery icons do you have those check marks next to your green icons?

Saw a couple of posts with the check marks but there not on my Verizon.
    09-20-2016 10:23 PM
    Anyone with the Verizon and green battery icons do you have those check marks next to your green icons?

Not on mine.
    09-20-2016 10:29 PM

Not on mine either
    09-20-2016 10:31 PM
    Has anyone tried Degoo? It's an app that I found that is FREE, and gives you 100GB, FOR FREE.
    Did you get it from the Google play store?
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:34 PM
    Working so can't post pics (tons of downloading going on in background too). Box looks the same to me except for the black square. No S or anything.
    I just downloaded the phone info app and it says mine was made on 9/5/16 in Korea.
    I don't actually know what he did. I didn't get a receipt or sign anything. Guess I better check my account later!
    I could have got any color I wanted too.

This was at the Brier Creek store in Raleigh, NC if anyone else is in the area.

So far, battery icon is white but probably will change with all this updating going on. Letting her charge now. Hopefully... No flames!
    That is the store I was planning on going to tomorrow. Did they give you any problems during the exchange? Pleasant? Also, the same old question, did they make you return the accessories?
    Glad to hear you got your new N7 though.
    09-20-2016 10:51 PM
    Finally got my new note 7. While i was in store for 2.5 hours because they couldn't figure out how to do the exchange for the life of them. 8 others came in to get theirs swapped. I was the first. Good thing for those other 8 I played the genie pig btw I took absolutely nothing except the phone. Not even the s-pen.
    09-20-2016 11:05 PM
    I got my replacement phone earlier today. I'm in Yuba City, Northern CA. They had phones reserved for those who needed replacements.
    09-20-2016 11:15 PM
3,177 ... 9394959697 ...