Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
How are we supposed to be getting the $25 deal? Is it an automatic bill credit, store credit, gift card, etc? When I exchanged to the S7 edge and asked about it, the two acted like she knew nothing about it.
Once you receive your replacement N7, you should see the credit on your next bill or 2, depending on when your bill is generated..... However if you don't see the credit on your next bill, call and ask what's going on with your $25 credit

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I would guess it's from a different story from each rep spoken to. From "what Recall"? To "keep using your phone" and everything else from day one. If you are a detailed person I can see how this would cause stress. I would also guess it may be from having no other phone to use and reps telling people they they will not double swap. Maybe even being worried about using the Note 7 because they have no other phone. I could go on but I think it is reasonable to see how someone would get stressed.

Lesson learned. Always have a backup phone. :)

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Well my "backup phone" was that fact that I could get a new phone of something happened to the phones we had.
I still had my previous phone which I STILL love to drive, and a VZW Chat Rep just switched my service back to it. I've really changed my mind on Chat Support. I'll always give it a try at any company website.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Which you can right now. If you had a real backup phone there wouldn't be so much stress over this crap. Just return you phone for a refund and wait.
One thing though, then you'd lose the VZW Bonus of 2 gigs a month if you upgrade your plan and phone at the same time. I wouldn't throw that 2 gigs away.

EDIT: That gives me a total of 26 gigs a month plus max 2 gigs carryover.

2 gigs carry-over
24 gigs Plan
2 gigs Bonus

Peace. Alan

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Which you can right now. If you had a real backup phone there wouldn't be so much stress over this crap. Just return you phone for a refund and wait.
I returned ours and got the S7Edge since my son broke his. That's what I was getting at. I usually keep one device as a backup and my back up was the fact that we could a need device. That didn't go quite asmall planned 😣 looking forward to getting back into the Note7

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
One thing though, then you'd lose the VZW Bonus of 2 gigs a month if you upgrade your plan and phone at the same time. I wouldn't throw that 2 gigs away.

2 gigs carry-over
24 gigs Plan
2 gigs Bonus

Peace. Alan
Dont get the paying by the gig , to many unlimited plans out there.
I average 25 to 40 gigs a month, use my phone as a hotspot

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Dont get the paying by the gig , to many unlimited plans out there.
I average 25 to 40 gigs a month, use my phone as a hotspot

Not when VZW is the only carrier that works well in your area so you're stuck with it. I'm in what you call Rural America.
EDIT: The only unlimited data phone plans for VZW are Grandfathered.

Peace. Alan

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

2 gigs carry-over
24 gigs Plan
2 gigs Bonus

Peace. Alan
Just received another 2 gig bonus on Friday when my daughter activated her 128gb iPhone 7... Since I did the double exchange, I was still able to continue the 2 gig bonus I initially received when I activated my N7..

4gb bonus
16gb XL Plan
And 8.4gb carryover

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Not when VZW is the only carrier that works well in your area so you're stuck with it. I'm in what you call Rural America.
EDIT: The only unlimited data phone plans for VZW are Grandfathered.

Peace. Alan
We've got 3 grandfathered unlimited plans on our account ☺ been living on 2 year old phones until Verizon decided to open up the payment plan and allow us to keep the unlimited data. My son used 100gb last month and I freaked out because Verizon is booting all those using 100gb or more a month from the unlimited plans.
Just received another 2 gig bonus on Friday when my daughter activated her 128gb iPhone 7... Since I did the double exchange, I was still able to continue the 2 gig bonus I initially received when I activated my N7..

4gb bonus
16gb XL Plan
And 8.4gb carryover

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

4gb bonus
16gb XL Plan
And 8.4gb carryover

NOW I KNOW !!! Your Avatar is Snydley Whiplash from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show, right?

Peace. Alan.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
We've got 3 grandfathered unlimited plans on our account ☺ been living on 2 year old phones until Verizon decided to open up the payment plan and allow us to keep the unlimited data. My son used 100gb last month and I freaked out because Verizon is booting all those using 100gb or more a month from the unlimited plans.
OUCH !!! THAT HURTS !
So is it confirmed you're losing the unlimited?

Peace. Alan

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I had unlimited on 4 lines up until 2 years ago... I just couldn't continue to jump through all the hoops to keep it... Wasn't worth the headache for me... And now my bill is noticeably a lot cheaper.
I've been peeking in on the Verizon thread on Howard Forums to keep up with the new hurdles you guys face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch