Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Verizon Rep Claims They are Getting a List of Affected IMEIs Next Week

I have been with Verizon long enough to know that if you ask 3 Verizon reps the same question, you are likely to get 3 different answers. So keep that in mind.

I was told by a Verizon rep that next week they will be getting the IMEIs of the affected devices from Samsung. This doesn't mean that you can't exchange your device if your IMEI is not affected, you can.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You could end up with one with dead pixels, notification problems, LTE signal problems, manufacturing blemishes ETC.
I guess it's just a chance everyone will have to take.

Alan, what does that dog have in his mouth? Looks like an Egg Mcmuffin.

Yep. Mine is working fine. That is the one thing I worry about I end up getting one that has an issue or scratches or something.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Rep Claims They are Getting a List of Affected IMEIs Next Week

I have been with Verizon long enough to know that if you ask 3 Verizon reps the same question, you are likely to get 3 different answers. So keep that in mind.

I was told by a Verizon rep that next week they will be getting the IMEIs of the affected devices from Samsung. This doesn't mean that you can't exchange your device if your IMEI is not affected, you can.

I would not take a chance on which IMEI may or may not have this issue unless they could demonstrate for certain what the root cause of the problem is.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I would not take a chance on which IMEI may or may not have this issue unless they could demonstrate for certain what the root cause of the problem is.
I'm not taking a chance either and will be exchanging mines but it would be nice to know if I've been a suicide bomber for a little over two weeks..

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I call this BS. Samsung will not do a FULL recall if this was the case. This is just silly.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

No, no no..

Samsung says no.

If Samsung could identify the phones a full recall wouldn't happen.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

If Samsung could identify the phones a full recall wouldn't happen.
Samsung can definitely identify the phones. If what the Verizon rep said is true, they are doing this in case the government steps in.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Samsung can definitely identify the phones. If what the Verizon rep said is true, they are doing this in case the government steps in.
I believe Samsung over the Verizon rep.

Samsung did not make this decision lightly.

Being able to identify or not is not what stops the government from stepping in.

The government steps in recalls all the time when they can identify the actual individual item.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is a voluntary recall, that is why the government isn't involved right now. The South Korean government is trying to get involved right now. I have been keeping up with it on South Korean news.

The ONLY identification Samsung is making is phones released in China on 9/2.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not taking a chance either and will be exchanging mines but it would be nice to know if I've been a suicide bomber for a little over two weeks..
True. I was very aware of my phone today maxing the use and keeping the charging going, and being out in public. It got hot, but I tried to keep that in perspective. Didn't make me feel a lot better though. I'd like to get my hands on the IMEI list of affected devices, IF it in fact exists.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
IMO If You Are Within the 14 Day Return Period - Return and Get Your Upgrade Restored

That's what I did. I will miss out on the $25 bill credit that people who exchange will get but my Gear Fit 2 is on the way and I got my $20 Samsung Pay reward too, which I feel is deserved due to the inconvenience of this all.

I will wait for another promo and upgrade then. I suspect that there will be promos in the future after all of this bad publicity. I didn't sell my Note5 so I went back to using that.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I went to Verizon and pre-ordered the phone there . When the phone was shipped to my house the cost of the phone went on the credit card my Verizon store had. As soon as it came i brought it right in to them and they activated it for me. Very easy, very fast. The only thing wrong with any of the phones is the battery. They're sending only new ones. They couldn't send a used ones. Not in a million yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.