Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron13178

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered online to not wait in line, Rep I spoke to said all I had to do was make the call inquiring, done, and when new N7's arrive they will ship to me, allowing me to transfer data and then return phone to them. Didn't specify what method of return however. I confirmed this with what I was told to be three supervisors. Grain of salt though. We'll see how it plays out.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Damn dude... that's a lot of time spent on Samsung's (and vzws) problem... eff that noise... If they don't have a reasonable plan laid out, it's on them...

I'm doing nothing till there's a clear plan, whatever that may be...

Exactly. I'm not spending that much time in a store for a phone. I'm sorry I can't do that. More power to the people who can.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Took mNote7 back to Verizon today and got a refund, then i went to BestBuy and got a Moto Z Force and a free $200 gift card and the JBL speaker mod.

It's a real nice phone camera isn't the best out there but that's fine with me, so far it a super fast phone and no lag at all.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Exchanged my Note 7 in tonight. Glad to be done with it. Got a S7 Edge and I really like it. Was told if I wanted I could exchange again for a new Note 7 when they're available. Probably won't do that unless I start having problems with my S7 Edge.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Right now the plan is the new phones will be ready to send out in two weeks. They started working on them last week.

Verizon customers can switch out without worry to any device and once they receive the replacement Note7 devices can switch back. Verizon is offering so we can feel safe while the issue being resolved. They don't know anything concrete yet. I switched to the edge 7 until I can safely b email b acknowledge on the Note 7. I don't want to take any chances.
Samsung prefers we not use a b day C erizon has changed how originally doing. I think this is great. Up to you but for me safety first

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Damn dude... that's a lot of time spent on Samsung's (and vzws) problem... eff that noise... If they don't have a reasonable plan laid out, it's on them...

I'm doing nothing till there's a clear plan, whatever that may be...

The drama being created is unnecessary.
Verizon has an initial plan. They don't know yet about when the replacement will be in place.
I live in AZ I got the edge7 as a temporary device. Once Verizon receives the replacement Note7 I can RETURN to the store and get it. It will be store level.
Up to you if you wa b there to replace now and then again. I chose to be smart and safe.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind trying the S7 edge free for awhile, but I really don't want the hassle of setting of my phone 3 times in just a few weeks if I'm going to get another new one next week. I'll roll the dice that my phone isn't going to explode.
You are not missing anything! Just picked up a loaner. It's the smaller Note without the S-pen.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You are not missing anything! Just picked up a loaner. It's the smaller Note without the S-pen.
It's not a smaller note without an S-pen... The wife has one and it's definitely different from the N7.... Not a lot different but enough to say it's not a note without the S-pen

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just keep an eye on battery usage in settings if you are hanging on like me and others. Look at it b4 you charge it every time. If you are at 50% and it shows any dip to 0% get it exchanged. Verizon gave me 2 Samsung iconx headsets to keep my N7 til they get them in to swap. I have tried to over use it and just hate it's perfect. Just wish Samsung would give up that app!! It could tell us what battery we have. Then not giving it up says it's not just a battery issue.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just keep an eye on battery usage in settings if you are hanging on like me and others. Look at it b4 you charge it every time. If you are at 50% and it shows any dip to 0% get it exchanged. Verizon gave me 2 Samsung iconx headsets to keep my N7 til they get them in to swap. I have tried to over use it and just hate it's perfect. Just wish Samsung would give up that app!! It could tell us what battery we have. Then not giving it up says it's not just a battery issue.

Verizon gave you $400 worth of Iconx headphones to not bother with the exchange for now ? Was the your local company store ?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't take chances swap it out!
Some of us feel it's a chance swapping to a different phone. Verizon is a pain to deal with, there have been so many conflicting answers from Verizon that it seems like a risky movement also. I've been given 3 different answers on this recall deal. You can trade phones and trade back, you can trade phones but that's it, and return the note 7, it isn't going to be carried anymore.

The safest thing to do is power down the phone and use a back up phone which everyone should have, if this recall doesn't prove that then I don't know what would. I love the note 7 and I think I'm going to go back to my note 5 which seems like a downgrade now and not because of the sd card either. I'll just put the note 7 in the box and wait for the new units. I'll make final decision September 29 on returning by the 30, hopefully if the speedy government hasn't made a decision by then Verizon will extend the return window again. If the government does not approve new note or bans it we will get our money back anyway, but I don't see that happening.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You're lucky. I was hoping that would be the gift Samsung gives us for our inconvenience. Everyone is talking about the VR. The icons would be of greater value to me 😎

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
How did you get $200 gift card?

I assume your talking to me if you look at the best buy site it's the Verizon moto z offer.

[h=3]Save $200* on Moto Z Force or Moto Z Force Droid[/h]Or, free $200 gift card with Verizon Device Payment. Plus, free Moto Mod speaker with purchase and activation.
*With activation and 2-year contract.
Terms and conditions apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.