Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I had the same experience with our Verizon store. They were very nice and would exchange it if I wanted but pulled the Note 7 out of their pockets and said they were holding onto theirs. They even said all the phone that caught on fire were in other countries and using third party chargers.

I purchased the car charger from Verizon. Is that a third party charger?

The Verizon car and wall chargers work perfect with the Note 7. Did you get the one with the Red plug end?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I registered to share my experience.

I preordered note 7 from verizon website after 2-yr agreement & upgrade current line I am using.
I managed to keep my Unlimited Data Plan along with it.

Went to Corporate Store in PA after
contacted Samsung to raise the ticket on Verizon account.
contacted Verizon to confirm they received the ticket and note was in place.
confirmed with them I can get loaner and get the note 7 when it becomes available.

The staff in the store was informative and kind to explain everything.
He and his manager told me
I can switch to S7 or S7 Edge for now and switch back to Note 7 when It becomes available.
I asked them back what you are saying is 'double swap' and they answered yes.

So I was almost getting my note 7 replaced by s7 edge.
But the unlimited data plan was blocking everything to do so.
The system kept asking pick the data plan or no-go.

The staff was trying everything to keep my unlimited plan and explained everything.
But it could not be done in their level, so I left the store with my note 7 after let them digged into the matter for good hour.
I will try to find the way around or contact customer service for this matter.

By the way, when I tried to return my note7
he asked me if I have box for the phone.
I handed the box with nothing in it, and he never bothered to open the box.

So I will think about the keeping UDT, keeping until Note 7 available, or switch the carrier altogether after complete return
since I don't have any backup device for verizon ...

Welcome to Android Central!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Funny you mention that Red Plug Verizon Car charger. I have one for my Note 4 but stopped using it because of how hot it gets my phone.

I have both (car & wall) of the micro USB ones with the LED light and I swear by them. Never had a problem with either.
I love them so much I spend $80. to get the USB-C ones for the Note 7. Just make sure they are the "Red" tip ones as they make a cheaper black tip version.

These are the Fast Charge ones I'm talking about.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
3 out of 5 of our local Verizon corporate stores are saying this Friday the 16th the Note 7 replacements will be in.
I hope they are right.

Someone said Tmobile told them the same thing. Hence why I won't swap just yet for s7 edge. If I simply just return the Note 7, i'll get pushed to the back of the line.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
3 out of 5 of our local Verizon corporate stores are saying this Friday the 16th the Note 7 replacements will be in.
I hope they are right.

I am being told , they will not release on Friday as that is Apple 7 day it would be more like Sunday or Monday but I am about to go over to the company store now and see what they say

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I hope they are right.

If that is true then dang the wait times will be making me wait til Monday or Tuesday since I believe that is when the iPhone 7 be out. My Verizon store has always been helpful and good to me but also a mad house when new phones come out. As I'm sure other stores are too. Lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If that is true then dang the wait times will be making me wait til Monday or Tuesday since I believe that is when the iPhone 7 be out. My Verizon store has always been helpful and good to me but also a mad house when new phones come out. As I'm sure other stores are too. Lol.

Just go in the afternoon after the morning rush. They will be sold out of iPhones by then probably. A lot of those idiots stand in line all night to get it when the store opens at 9am.

Rob Varak

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I hope they are right.

As do I. Really not liking the S7 Edge at all, after a few weeks with my Note. I didn't expect such a drop off in quality.

Incidentally, called to double-check my local store. They are saying Monday 9/19 for the replacements.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon car and wall chargers work perfect with the Note 7. Did you get the one with the Red plug end?

The charger I have is the vehicle charger with fast charge technology. It is all black with the exception of a red ring on the end you plug into the vehicle. The end you plug into the phone is black.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
OK I am back for at least 90 minutes I have to go back with my CABLE , I was told I had to have the original box with everything that came in itI had it all except the cable

While I was there 2 people came with cracked screens they were told they would not except it and them left

We had trouble getting around the re-stock fee

I told the manager I will be out of the US from Sept 29 thru Oct 8th and I was concerned about returning my loaner by Sept30 they said that wasn't a problem that date was for the return of the original Note 7 They are not expecting the replaces till the end of the month

This company store in Canton Ohio is the second largest in a 50 mile zone the manager said they didn't sell many Note 7 or Note 5's he said the Akron Ohio store sold tons

Just my two cents as you may have noticed earlier today I was told Sunday or Monday

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
As do I. Really not liking the S7 Edge at all, after a few weeks with my Note. I didn't expect such a drop off in quality.

Incidentally, called to double-check my local store. They are saying Monday 9/19 for the replacements.

Called the Verizon store close to me and they said next week because of the whole iPhone launch this Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.