Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So a telephone rep at VZW just told me that no matter what phone I switched to during the recall. I still would have the option of getting a Note 7 replacement once they were available until September 30. He said I would not pay a restocking fee for the loaner phone and if they gave me any trouble at the store call them to get it straightened out. He claims they have internal notice to allow anyone who purchased a Note 7 to get another and I'm worried that the retail stores won't honor this at all.
There's way, too many people that were told about and did the double exchange, including myself..... The mob scene at the stores would be unprecedented if Verizon backtracked and said you're stuck with the S7edge or whatever phone you got.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I bought online but I'm going into the store to return and exchange. I don't see how it makes any difference.
The diff for me is the closest Corporate Store is 43 miles from me and at 13 mpg VZW is gonna ship it to me and provide me with a return label to ship the old one back. :p

Peace. Alan

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought online but I'm going into the store to return and exchange. I don't see how it makes any difference.

How do you even return online? I don't see an option on my account anywhere.
The difference for me is I am hour away from the corporate store, I don't need to be making a 2 hour round trip to find out they don't have any in stock, I'm using my note 7 until I get the new one.

Return process online for phones is easy, you call them, they send out the phone, when you get new phone you put old phone in box and use the included return shipping label and send it back. Let's hope they do the same with replacing the note 7.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
so, a few things. I bought from verizon online before launch and returned last weekend. currently using s7e. I plan on working the 2 stores near me over until they arrive. the email says on or before the sept 21st. i never checked my imei. I have read some people saying phones manufactured before the 15-16th. i assume thats august.

So the comments about checking imei, is that because something was said about only recalling certain phones? Has anyone in the US had luck with verizon online for the new N7 or is it all in store options at this point? I am not asking about luck receiving the unit, just the ordering process?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Still can't find it using QuickShortCut Maker

Is it listed as Access Cloud ?
Listed as Samsung Backup and Restore

0c6d3f8567789624de6555a1bb117563.jpg

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I just called into Verizon (we are a corporate account) and the super nice lady looked up the bulletin she said once they show up in our corporate portal as available we can process our return orders and order new ones. She said they should be there by the 21st or maybe sooner. Doesn't help anybody on the consumer side unfortunately.

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a verizon rep. Was told the new replacement devices would be available on the 21st. Was able to agree on getting the new device shipped to me, and I would ship the old device back. He said he would be in contact with me on the 21st to confirm it's shipping and provide tracking. Asked for confirmation email...

View attachment 239634

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, I just did two different chats and both agents said store replacement only. Also the $25 credit will only be on a gift card or store credit. No bill credit.

cybrwulf

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any luck getting a new device ordered? My original order was cancelled when this all began, so I have nothing to return, and just need a "NEW" Note 7.... I know they said that they should have stock to order as well as back-fill replacements...

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a verizon rep. Was told the new replacement devices would be available on the 21st. Was able to agree on getting the new device shipped to me, and I would ship the old device back. He said he would be in contact with me on the 21st to confirm it's shipping and provide tracking. Asked for confirmation email...

View attachment 239634

Yeah, I'll bet they give you a call back. Not

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I'll bet they give you a call back. Not
Depends on the rep. I've had the reps return my calls on multiple occasions. Just the other day when the "premium" retailer collected $75 from my 2 Note7 returns for stocking fees. He called the retailer the next day and spoke to the manager, called me after and I simply had to walk into the retailer and walk back out with the rest of my refund.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I chatted with Verizon customer service rep last night. He said he processed my replacement for shipping and I needed to call customer service to verify address and security questions. Everything is ready to go.

I called customer service this morning and there is no record of this on my account. They have no way to start the process of shipping me a replacement at this time . I can either go to a store on the 21st or call them back on the 21st.

I was on hold for quite a long time, which was to be expected with the iPhone release combined with the recall. But still an unsatisfactory waste of my time to be told two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo