Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I just want to be able to walk into the store and replace my phone without any type of stupid issue or something. I don't have the box just charger and some other stuff that came with it.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I just want to be able to walk into the store and replace my phone without any type of stupid issue or something. I don't have the box just charger and some other stuff that came with it.
You won't have any issues except for one thing:
1: a LOT of people waiting for a clerk to make eye contact and say, "Can I help you". There will be no established obvious queue for people to wait in line because chairs and stools are scattered all over the store and nobody's gonna want to stand while waiting, ergo no defined queue. And there won't be any "Take-A-Number" system. Just chairs, stools and standing.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That's nasty!!! I wouldn't use second hand (ear) headphones from someone that doesn't live in my household...
Guess I'll have 3 pairs when this is over
Just think of all the strange Ear Worm Songs you'd pickup from a stranger's earphones. My own are bad enough and can last for DAYS sometimes. "I" wouldn't take that chance either. :p

Peace. Alan

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
That's nasty!!! I wouldn't use second hand (ear) headphones from someone that doesn't live in my household...
Guess I'll have 3 pairs when this is over

Agreed. I argued day and night with my rep upon getting my loaner phone that Verizon would not be receiving my ear buds because I tried them on. Ear ickiness is ear ickiness, I don't care how stingy Verizon tries to be.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the Mods and the Ambassadors have all left. I'm sure they're watching to make sure no fights start up or any thing.

It's like they said everything they had to say to us 6 times over and then just left us all in the play-pen and as long as nobody's crying, they're just all in the kitchen drinkin' coffee and talkin. :p

Peace. Alan

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
When I called Verizon only options I had was to send in both my Note 7's wait for them to receive them then send me replacements. Or walk into a store Wednesday and exchange there. Since me and my wife are still using our Note 7's will have to do that and hope they have them as well as coral blue colors.

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I argued day and night with my rep upon getting my loaner phone that Verizon would not be receiving my ear buds because I tried them on. Ear ickiness is ear ickiness, I don't care how stingy Verizon tries to be.
When I turned in my N7 for S7E, Verizon required all accessories to be returned. I asked about the ear buds and the rep said due to liability issues they required everything back...what a line of bs ;)

We'll see what they require when I get the new N7... Lol

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website

I've learned if you "Shop" chat will pop up. ;)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
When I took mine back they said they wanted everything and I told them the charger was broke and i wasnt bringing the ear buds because that is nasty. She said just bring what you can its not a deal breaker. The guy that swapped my phone never looked in the box at all.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I've learned if you "Shop" chat will pop up. ;)

At the top way to the right Select Contact Us
on next page not all the way to the top, a little ways down, ALL the way to the left Select Chat

But your way works too. Soooo....

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just hang in there, don't show any anger, talk like if your smiling, as a matter of fact, smile while you're talking. Early on if you get a chance ask them what part of the country they're in. Tell them where you're at. After all we want something THEY GOT. Don't overdo the 'sugar' just keep it nice. It always works. :)

EDIT> It's gonna be a rough day on them and we'll probably have to wait in line to get a Rep. Keep the A.C. runnin'.:p

Peace. Alan

Alan has it figured out. I always smile really big (not my natural RBF lol) when I call for customer support. Yes ma'am/sir no ma'am/sir as applicable. A wee bit of small talk, you know like you're actually talking to a human being that in this case has to deal with a lot of nasty phone calls due to the recall and limited supply of new iPhones. Works like a charm every single time! :)

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
no offense, but that is not correct. they will ship, you arrange it on the 21st. it means you will wait longer but they will ship.

Whoa...Whoa...Whoa now. You're talkin' sense now. You can't talk sense around here lol :p

Peace. Alan

ps. Is there really a Note 7 Owners Club? Is it Adult Swim with Annual Dues I hope?

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You : I am wondering if there is an option for Verizon to send me a replacement.
You : Instead of having to drive two hours round trip to pick up a replacement device.
Casey : Yes, I am. I am checking with our technical team as to the process that needs to be done on your case.
You : thank you
Casey : I have submitted a request to our technical team for a replacement of your device. Once the new devices arrive, they would ship out a device to you and along it would be a return box where you would need to send the device back to us. Only the device needs to be sent back, you can exclude the accessories.
Casey : To follow-up, you can contact our technical team at 800-922-0204 option 3.

You : Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez