Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Keep that text. If your phones are indeed in the recall according to Samsung's page, they are looking at some serious liability issues.

I turned my phone into the Canton, oHIo store last week
What serial number are they talking about the loaner ?

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Just as my rep said, they just got done with their shipment inventory, and put people's names on them. I just got the call to come get my replacements.

He said they are short 21 for people that made thier list. So they, people that didn't swap out, and first time buyers are still gonna be waiting.

Just be assured they are coming though!!!!

Laters.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for checking. Seems strange they would have just the blue.

Does anybody know how often verizon gets phone shipments in? For example...if I cant make it into my store tomorrow...what is the chance they will get another truck of them by friday?
No clue how they're doing it. I'd suggest at least going in to get the blue swapped asap since they appear to be for sale to the general public as well which is extremely irritating.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I just got home from the Verizon store in Glen Burnie & they were thankfully able to swap the new phone out with no issues. They said they had just received the new notes this morning so some stores still might be without them until tomorrow. The rep did ask if I had the box & receipt for the original, which I did just to be safe, but it wasn't required. She said having the box helps her process it faster (How exactly is beyond me, since all info is on my account) Anyways, they did not ask for any of the accessories back or anything, not that I was planning on returning them anyway...but you should all be able to keep the additional accessories from the new phone as well, which will give you an additional charger & everything else which is nice.

All in all it was a pretty painless process at the store here. I did not have them restore anything at the store, as I'm about to start that dreaded process here myself. The only difference with the new box is the black dot. Build quality seems pretty much the exact same so far, but only time will tell. Once I do a full charge & have a day or two to test out the new battery, I'll know for sure.

View attachment 240044
I also live in Glen Burnie. I have mine on hold at the verizon store in marley station. They just got theit shipment in an hour ago. I'm guessing you got your replacement from the store on Ritchie highway? Near the dmv?

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I also live in Glen Burnie. I have mine on hold at the verizon store in marley station. They just got theit shipment in an hour ago. I'm guessing you got your replacement from the store on Ritchie highway? Near the dmv?
Yep, Ritchie. I was in there around lunchtime & they said they have plenty in stock.

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
So I just hit *611 on my phone and went through the prompts. The gentleman didn't hesitate to order me a new one but interestingly enough he said he does't have any instructions on how to return the old phone yet but I should get an email at some point. Also didn't have to pay any taxes or anything like that, this was on our extremely large corporate account.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with an awesome rep. Got my note 7 replacement "ordered" for my regular 2 year price.

Overnight shipping with delivery by 10:30 am tomorrow free.

Once they receive my S7 edge, the "order" will be refunded.

I was so sick of dealing with my store, this works perfectly!

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Yep, Ritchie. I was in there around lunchtime & they said they have plenty in stock.
Yea i just called the Verizon store nesr the DMV and they ssid they got it this morning and they have alot left but all black. Seems like the blue is still hard to get. Nobody wants the black.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with an awesome rep. Got my note 7 replacement "ordered" for my regular 2 year price.

Overnight shipping with delivery by 10:30 am tomorrow free.

Once they receive my S7 edge, the "order" will be refunded.

I was so sick of dealing with my store, this works perfectly!

Day ya go!!!:p

Peace. Alan

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else off put by the green battery? In a way I think it kinda sucks having everything white then that blaring green icon sticking out like a sore thumb lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.