Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They made me turn mine in with the everything that came in the box, but I don't really care that much they are crap accessories anyway and not worth anything...

Same here, which I half expected and brought the stuff with me just in case. They didn't even care that a cat tried to chew the cable. Lol

Though, when I got home, I noticed I must have put our old Note 3 charger in the box by mistake instead of the N7's quick charger. They look so much alike, and had been plugged in to the same power strip when I got it, that I grabbed the older and slower charger by mistake.

Oh darn. Whatever shall I do...

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here, which I half expected and brought the stuff with me just in case. They didn't even care that a cat tried to chew the cable. Lol

Though, when I got home, I noticed I must have put our old Note 3 charger in the box by mistake instead of the N7's quick charger. They look so much alike, and had been plugged in to the same power strip when I got it, that I grabbed the older and slower charger by mistake.

Oh darn. Whatever shall I do...
Nice

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I called my local corporate store & was told they had "plenty available"... Just to be sure I did the online add to cart, just to make sure... Yessss! the Note showed up in stock at that store... When I got there, I was told they had NONE! Waste of time & gas!

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I called my local corporate store & was told they had "plenty available"... Just to be sure I did the online add to cart, just to make sure... Yessss! the Note showed up in stock at that store... When I got there, I was told they had NONE! Waste of time & gas!
I did the same thing this afternoon. I went to a corporate store after adding it to my account and was told they didn't have any, even after confirming they had 5 black ones on the phone about ten mins before I arrived. I showed my call history, and had to talk to a manager to show him that I had it in my cart and it showed available. He didn't mutter another word, and went to the back and got my phone. Had nothing to say the entire time until I left except have a goodnight.

I'm pretty sure the original counter monkey said no because I went in on Monday and asked if they had any yet and he was annoyed when I said that I know the date is by the 21st, not on it. Never dealing in a corporate store again.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Also, anyone have official details on the $25 credit? I asked but was told that it is only on my bill and it doesn't work in store for any accessories or anything. I was pretty sure it was either or, but at the point of asking I was already quite irritated and just needed to get out of the corporate store.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with the Verizon and green battery icons do you have those check marks next to your green icons?

Saw a couple of posts with the check marks but there not on my Verizon.

Gefecht

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Working so can't post pics (tons of downloading going on in background too). Box looks the same to me except for the black square. No S or anything.
I just downloaded the phone info app and it says mine was made on 9/5/16 in Korea.
I don't actually know what he did. I didn't get a receipt or sign anything. Guess I better check my account later!
I could have got any color I wanted too.

This was at the Brier Creek store in Raleigh, NC if anyone else is in the area.

So far, battery icon is white but probably will change with all this updating going on. Letting her charge now. Hopefully... No flames!

That is the store I was planning on going to tomorrow. Did they give you any problems during the exchange? Pleasant? Also, the same old question, did they make you return the accessories?
Glad to hear you got your new N7 though.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Finally got my new note 7. While i was in store for 2.5 hours because they couldn't figure out how to do the exchange for the life of them. 8 others came in to get theirs swapped. I was the first. Good thing for those other 8 I played the genie pig btw I took absolutely nothing except the phone. Not even the s-pen.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
My experience today-

Thought I would stop by the store this afternoon in case they had them in a day early. Did a Samsung Smart Switch backup of everything onto the SD card on my way into town.

They did - they had just come in less than an hour before. Store was busy, so i watched a poor rep swapping all the data on a couple's 2 notes - bet that took a good long time! It took a while to get with a rep, but once I did it was less than 20 minutes to do the trade. She just activated the phone and made a test call, then we put the SD card in and I was on my way. I didn't have any of my accessories with me and that didn't matter. She said they'd keep the box and put the old phone in it. She then asked if I wanted the headphones from the box - I said no, I have too many cheapy sets already. 'What about the charger or cable or adapters?' she said. Well, yeah, I'd like all of that stuff if that's alright. I asked 'hey, what about the s-pen?' and she said 'keep it'. So I left with a new note and a second full set of accessories!

Went out to my truck and started smart switch going, then ran to the grocery store, and by the time I got back to the ranch it was all done. And I had 2 sets of accessories and a second s-pen. Very happy with the whole process (I know, the rare satisfied VZW customer).

Oh, and she said they had a whole pile of them in the back, so if you're anywhere near Baghdad... (not that Baghdad is near anything)

*Changed location as I don't want the rep to catch any flack for hooking me up with all the accessories

Last edited:

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
My son and I went to the store on Blossom Hill Rd in San Jose after I got off work. They said they had a ton on Note 7's in the back. Had ours exchanged pretty quickly. The didn't want any of our accessories, but they did want the box. My son still had his, but I didn't have mine. Didn't affect the swap process.

Didn't have them sync the phones. We wanted to make a fresh start on both phones. The entire staff was nice especially the girl that helped us. She seemed to be flirting with my son until she asked his age and found out he just turned 14. She looked 19 or 20. Too bad my son isn't a couple years older (or me a lot of years younger).

Our phones are both all set up and no longer charging them on an 18" ceramic tile.

Droidlover6987

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I am out of town for work this week and with no corporate store nearby so I figured that instead of trying my luck with some counter jockeys this weekend getting their dirty paws on my phone I would call and get my replacement ordered. I waited for about a half hour to get on with a CSR and it went pretty smoothly. Switching from silver to blue, and its supposed to be there when I get back Friday. I asked about the 25 dollar bill credit and the CSR said she would check with Samsung. She called me back and said she would apply a $25 bill credit to my account, which has already showed up. Was a pretty painless process, had to pay for taxes for the new phone but was reassured it would be refunded when the old note 7 is sent back. Definitely going to keep the accessories and just send the old phone and box back. Excited to get a non exploding phone and to try out the blue!

Pretty lame that the counter jockeys are trying to keep accessories, its not like Samsung is going to reuse them. Kind of shady if you ask me...

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
When I returned my Note to the store nearest me, they went through everything to make sure all the accessories were there. Wish I'd tried to keep the spen, but the guy seemed very focused on it all being there so maybe just as well I didn't. I am a little annoyed that the online customer service person I ordered my replacement from said the 25.00 wasn't a bill credit but an accessory credit and that they didn't have any Note 7 accessories available at the moment. But I am too excited to be getting my new, non- explosive Blue Note 7 delivered on Thursday to bother about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38