Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Are the stores selling the note 7's yet? None of the ones I've called in Dallas have one, nor Best Buy. I will be traveling for the next two weeks, so was hoping to get one before I hit the road.

This whole experience has been frustrating, I bout one at launch but returned as mine got really hot sometimes. Have all these accessories I can't do anything with, and still not able to get another one. The longer this goes, I'm just about over this altogether.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's what they sent:

23073a75963f9bb1f76f70f7370c28e9.jpg

Put the phone in an envelope, put that in a box. Put that in another box. Then another box. Then another. I dunno; I lost count. Plus 9 pages of information.

Plus gloves.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Lady from Verizon told me i would just get a return envelope. I'm like well hope it don't explode during transit back to them.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm just amused by the use of cardboard boxes. I know it has the bag and the outer box has some sort of insulation, but still... That's a lot of highly combustible material to ship something that could spontaneously go up in flames.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I was able to buy a note 7 at Best Buy. I had to go into the store first, learned I had to do what they called a 'pre-order'. I did so and I got an email 2 days later. I picked it up at the store and it's a really nice device.

Last edited:

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Are the stores selling the note 7's yet? None of the ones I've called in Dallas have one, nor Best Buy. I will be traveling for the next two weeks, so was hoping to get one before I hit the road.

This whole experience has been frustrating, I bout one at launch but returned as mine got really hot sometimes. Have all these accessories I can't do anything with, and still not able to get another one. The longer this goes, I'm just about over this altogether.
I picked up a new note 7 at the new Corp store on Lemmon on the 9/21.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So who is all waiting for Verizon to have blue coral in stock so they can ship it out? They told me my replacement will ship Oct 12th maybe sooner if they get them earlier.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I boxed up the old note 7 and its going on the ups box tomorrow, should be officially done with the recall finally. I took the S pen out of it also no sense in taking a chance of destroying a good s pen.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well I boxed up the old note 7 and its going on the ups box tomorrow, should be officially done with the recall finally. I took the S pen out of it also no sense in taking a chance of destroying a good s pen.

So verizon using ups for us to send recalled note 7 back instead of FedEx? Call me stupid as I have never shipped anything FedEx or ups before but when we package up our note 7 do we take it to a ups or FedEx location just like I would USPS? Are you putting insurance on it and if so how much?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So verizon using ups for us to send recalled note 7 back instead of FedEx? Call me stupid as I have never shipped anything FedEx or ups before but when we package up our note 7 do we take it to a ups or FedEx location just like I would USPS? Are you putting insurance on it and if so how much?
They are using ups to ship back phone, so you would need to take it to ups location or drop box. It has a prepaid shipping label on the box already. I am not adding insurance, since I'm using their preferred shipping it's on them. I don't know if you can even add insurance to it, never tried before.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
They are using ups to ship back phone, so you would need to take it to ups location or drop box. It has a prepaid shipping label on the box already. I am not adding insurance, since I'm using their preferred shipping it's on them. I don't know if you can even add insurance to it, never tried before.

Ok thanks so much

mzgee93

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Returning the Note 7 to Verizon

I received my Note 7 replacement via Fedex from Verizon but was told not to return the defective one to the store or by mail and that I would receive a shipping container with instructions for returning the phone. After a week or 2 Verizon sent me a shipping box with 3 reinforced cardboard boxes nestled inside along with tape and a pair of protective gloves for handling the outer :confused:bulky box with the ceramic coating inside. There were instructions for returning the phone but not the accessories that came with the phone (charger, cable, etc.) via UPS. I contacted the phone number on the instructions and got Samsung. They told me they just wanted the phone, and didn't care about the extras. Then I realized the box was sent by Verizon, not Samsung so I contacted VZW and was told by the rep that she didn't know whether or not I should return the accessories. I know that when I used to get a replacement for a defective phone I was always told to take off the back cover and just return the phone. Has anyone else returned their Galaxy Note 7 this way? VZW has billed me for the replacement and won't remove the charges until they receive the defective phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus