Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is Verizon giving an extended return period for the replacement Note 7's?

It is sounding like you can return the replacements beyond the 14 day window.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

Called customer service and they were clueless. I don't understand why it is so hard to work with Verizon.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm not sure what to do. I don't want a phone that they won't support and keep updated later on. Maybe return for a pixel xl or s7? Not sure yet.

My replacement has been fine so far with great battery life. But don't want to be profiled at airports. Ha

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint, Verizon will let Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners trade their replacement devices for any other phone - Recode

These reps are not all on the same page, yet. My CSR I spoke to on the phone didn't even know about the airplane situation until I told her about it this morning on the phone. She then put me on hold for 5 minutes to find out more info and what Verizon was offering, which was the extended return policy (from 14 days to 45).

Unless these reps are asked, they likely won't check with the other reps or supervisor around them. I plan on visiting my local corporate store tomorrow morning to see what to do. For folks planning to go to a corporate store, there are employees, managers, and then general managers. The GM is one calling all the shots, so ask to speak with them if employees and managers are not helpful at all. Also, keep in mind that this new issue is still fairly fresh, so Verizon, as well as other carriers, are not all on the same page, yet. Seems like almost everyone is offering some sort of exchange/replacement for replacement N7s, though.

Appreciate the link.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to see something from Verizon concerning the extended return window. You know what will happen - you go to the store and they won't have a freaking clue as to what's going on. Probably will be easier to do a swap via online.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I am with all of you. I returned mine Tuesday and bought a second hand S7E.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've had enough. I don't trust this device and I certainly don't want any bs when I fly. I'm going to do a refund and take a little time and see what I want next. I still have a Note 4, Note 5, and a Turbo 2.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Heck, all the Iturds are showing a ship date of late November. Are you still tied to Itunes for music? Can you use MP3's for ringtones and such? I know nothing about the Iturds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty