Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon exchange replacement

That's what I did - the CS rep said he would note the account for a return. We will see if they do.

Your all set then. When the counter jockey reads the note on you account he acts as if God has spoken and takes it straight the manager to make the return/exchange. Just make sure they don't try slapping you with the $35. restock fee. I didn't notice it but they charged me the $35. so I called the 800# again and they took it right off.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Your all set then. When the counter jockey reads the note on you account he acts as if God has spoken and takes it straight the manager to make the return/exchange. Just make sure they don't try slapping you with the $35. restock fee. I didn't notice it but they charged me the $35. so I called the 800# again and they took it right off.

With my exchange, being that I went down to a iPhone 6S plus they actually refunded my account $85. I didn't have to pay a dime.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I don't get how you guys are getting it done. Talked to to customer service reps on the phone and got nothing and store manager would not budge until their was an a official announcement.

I'm just hoping since t-mobile started it, maybe verizon will cave tomorrow.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is Verizon giving an extended return period for the replacement Note 7's?

Can you return the replacement Note 7 for a refund???

In short, Yes you can. Took back my note 7 today to VZW. Gotta say, I went in ready to put up a fight and was pleasantly surprised. The lady was very pleasant about the entire thing. She straight up gave me a refund to my credit card with no hassles. She asked if I needed another phone and I said that I pre-ordered the pixel xl and she said cool. Out the door in less than 10 minutes. Good luck to all who follow suit. Now I feel better knowing it's gone. Gonna be interesting if I ever go the Sammy route again. God, I really loved that N7. Best phone I think i ever had.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

UGH being practical I know I should pursue returning my full-price purchase with Verizon (I am not due for upgrade until April so bought out-right) but I LOVE my phone. I wish there were more details on the burned phones - were they still running the Oculus software that made the phone run hot, etc...

This is the first phone I have added the insurance to in 15 years, but now there is pretty much a guarantee that a replacement would not be available if i needed to use the insurance - so why carry it, etc... not to mention spending 929 (with tax) to buy the edsel of phones...

I would be back to my Note 2 due to some juggling my spouse and I have done with our phones - dipped in the ocean for one, SIM not recognized on another... then have to decide on my next phone...

Sigh... thanks for letting me vent!

Clarice
Also Paid phone in full. Did the swap on 9/21. Out of 14 day window. And the corporate store kept all the accessories. I have everything but the charger as my puppy decided to eat the cable so I tossed it. I'll be holding on until they let me do a full refund and reactivate my Note 4, without restocking or activation fees. There is just no phone Im willing to shell out $600+ for that isn't the note. I may find an S7 edge online somewhere for less than $500. I own the most explosive and best android phone on the market. I'm not downgrading for a slight discount. Shenanigans.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

In short, Yes you can. Took back my note 7 today to VZW. Gotta say, I went in ready to put up a fight and was pleasantly surprised. The lady was very pleasant about the entire thing. She straight up gave me a refund to my credit card with no hassles. She asked if I needed another phone and I said that I pre-ordered the pixel xl and she said cool. Out the door in less than 10 minutes. Good luck to all who follow suit. Now I feel better knowing it's gone. Gonna be interesting if I ever go the Sammy route again. God, I really loved that N7. Best phone I think i ever had.

Wow! You're the first I seen that got it so easy. I hate to leave the Note & as well, but from what I understand Verizon will make an announcement by Tuesday.

shrxwin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Also Paid phone in full. Did the swap on 9/21. Out of 14 day window. And the corporate store kept all the accessories. I have everything but the charger as my puppy decided to eat the cable so I tossed it. I'll be holding on until they let me do a full refund and reactivate my Note 4, without restocking or activation fees. There is just no phone Im willing to shell out $600+ for that isn't the note. I may find an S7 edge online somewhere for

yep my store kept the accessories with the original box, i do have my original accessories (caught my ear bud in something and one side is about an inch longer than the other hahaha) but will also wait for a refund - probably pick up the 99 Moto at Amazon or use the Note 2...

but i still glance at my phone and it is so beautiful and has worked perfectly for me - as did the original before it got shut down... sigh...

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Me personally I'm not exchanging my phone. Works perfectly fine no issues here. I think the media is over exaggerating it. To stop selling the device period is stupid. Fix the damn thing and who's to say it wasnt the end users fault this time?? Who's to say they aren't doing it to get attention?? The same thing happened with the iPhone 7 and no one complains about that !!

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Me personally I'm not exchanging my phone. Works perfectly fine no issues here. I think the media is over exaggerating it. To stop selling the device period is stupid. Fix the damn thing and who's to say it wasnt the end users fault this time?? Who's to say they aren't doing it to get attention?? The same thing happened with the iPhone 7 and no one complains about that !!
No updates. No device support. S.O.L. If it breaks or gets damaged. Resale is dead. Can't go on planes. Also, and it's a small but dangerous proposition.... Might catch on fire. I don't do well with lotteries or things with odds. So I presume this is the one I'd win...

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I'm pretty jealous. Had no luck returning my note 7 to Verizon store and Verizon customer service has not helped me either.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

At best, when you don't get Nougat or security updates, or at worst Samsung updates your phone so it charges to 40% and your carrier doesn't support it? The service providers want nothing to do with this phone and Samsung needs to limit their liability quickly.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Here's a twist. My wife exchanged the N7 for the S7E and hates it. Unfortunately the local corporate store has been sold out of the replacements for a while and we have yet to be able to exchange back into the N7.

The way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if Verizon pulled the N7 all together. IF that happens and it's before people like us can get back into the N7, do you think they will allow trade ins of the S7E outside of the 14 day window?

I think they'll make you stay with the S7E

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I think they'll make you stay with the S7E
Which is what I'm afraid of. To add insult to injury, this is part of why I was so adamant about trying to find an official policy statement about the double exchange with the S7E before doing this and now I'm risking it coming back to bite me because "the internet said it's ok."

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Which is what I'm afraid of. To add insult to injury, this is part of why I was so adamant about trying to find an official policy statement about the double exchange with the S7E before doing this and now I'm risking it coming back to bite me because "the internet said it's ok."

I exchanged my first note 7 for an S7E until the new note 7s arrived an then exchanged back to the note 7

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I exchanged my first note 7 for an S7E until the new note 7s arrived an then exchanged back to the note 7
As I said in my first reply here, my store has been sold out, unable to get back into the Note 7.

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

No updates. No device support. S.O.L. If it breaks or gets damaged. Resale is dead. Can't go on planes. Also, and it's a small but dangerous proposition.... Might catch on fire. I don't do well with lotteries or things with odds. So I presume this is the one I'd win...

a very valid point, as I change my about every 6 to 8 months, I am certain I will not be able to re-sell the note 7 at a decent price.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I don't get how you guys are getting it done. Talked to to customer service reps on the phone and got nothing and store manager would not budge until their was an a official announcement.

Dude. Try the Verizon chat window. I do all my finest work from the chat window. They have the power to note your account as well as a phone CSR.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

My wife had a similar experience Sunday morning when she went into a store to ask about the return policy.
The Verizon sales staff reiterated that the phone was safe to use and that they personally were using one.
Within the next few days, they'll probably change their policy.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that these stories are being placed in the media to further discredit Samsung and the phone itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23