T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardsFan80

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Oh and the clerk at the store said they have no new Note 7s in yet. He was hoping later this week according to their Samsung rep but that they wouldn't be able to sell them or anything anyways because the government has not given the okay for it.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling they honestly have no idea. An issue this large with this much visibility, we'd see a proper press release from Samsung on the availability.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Btw Amazon is selling the Edge Defenders again. 36 bucks in stock! just ordered one. All the stores around here are out of it and Verizon rep told me it won't even let them order it. Best Buy all out of stock too or I'd have them price match. Might want to jump on this deal. The Defender for the Edge all the stores tell me is a popular case. I guess Otterbox doesn't make many of them.

Also you guys wanting to return the Note 7 to purchase an S7 Edge it seems stock is running low too. The only store near me did not have any in right now and the store I went to 35 miles away only had two left. Some who returned the Note 7 are getting edges the rep said. Just a heads up might want to act before more people go to the Edge.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Btw Amazon is selling the Edge Defenders again. 36 bucks in stock! just ordered one. All the stores around here are out of it and Verizon rep told me it won't even let them order it. Best Buy all out of stock too or I'd have them price match. Might want to jump on this deal. The Defender for the Edge all the stores tell me is a popular case. I guess Otterbox doesn't make many of them.

Also you guys wanting to return the Note 7 to purchase an S7 Edge it seems stock is running low too. The only store near me did not have any in right now and the store I went to 35 miles away only had two left. Some who returned the Note 7 are getting edges the rep said. Just a heads up might want to act before more people go to the Edge.
What color did you end up with? I was disappointed to find that it apparently doesn't come in black, which I had with my N7. I got the S7E in silver.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
What color did you end up with? I was disappointed to find that it apparently doesn't come in black, which I had with my N7. I got the S7E in silver.

I got the black. Only two they had so I had no choice. Website doesn't even offer black right now for shipping estimates just gold and silver. probably everyone bought all the blacks up. Mine was made in May 2016. I get to double dip and get another gift too!

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
3e4b5be4adff2e2a0cdb195e29f0e147.jpg

Swap them out now while you have the chance.

http://www.phonedog.com/2016/09/13/samsung-galaxy-note-7-update-limit-recharge-60-percent

annaaanguyen

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm from Philadelphia, I went into a T-Mobile store thinking I could do the exchange process to turn in my Note 7 and get a loaner S7 Edge while I wait for the safe Note 7s to come out, as advised numerous times in Samsung emails and push notifications. The T-Mobile store rep said they were no longer doing the process at the store level and gave me a hotline number to call. So I called and talked to the rep, she was going to send me a loaner S7 Edge and once I received it, I would return my Note 7 for a full refund. They would let me know when the safe units are available to reorder and once they are I would have to place a brand new order and send back my loaner. Today I called and they said they wanted me to hold onto the Note 7 for now. What is going on?! This is just getting crazier and crazier. Can't believe the FAA got involved, I was traveling and was told not to use my Note 7 on the aircraft...

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I went against the grain and have an LG G5 loaner coming. I came from the S7 Edge, and didn't want to go back to that phone. Also, if I happen to damage or lose the 'loaner' I wouldn't be liable for a $900 S7 Edge, but rather a $500 G5.

how do you like it? I was thinking of going this route as well just for something different.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

They won't let them order it since they were recalled because they were damaging the S7 Edge. If they find out that you were able to get one they may send you an email or text message requesting you send it back in for replacement with a similar case, like a Commuter or something.
I'm kidding. Couldn't resist. :)

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I got the black. Only two they had so I had no choice. Website doesn't even offer black right now for shipping estimates just gold and silver. probably everyone bought all the blacks up. Mine was made in May 2016. I get to double dip and get another gift too!
Wait they do have black? Dang! They told me it doesn't even come in black. That's disappointing

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They won't let them order it since they were recalled because they were damaging the S7 Edge. If they find out that you were able to get one they may send you an email or text message requesting you send it back in for replacement with a similar case, like a Commuter or something.
I'm kidding. Couldn't resist. :)

ha. Seriously though I did hear about issues with touch sensitivity with the screen protector and that they were redoing it and that is why they were so hard to find. I hope the amazon one is a revised unit. If not it goes back and I'll have to find something else. I'm using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle on the Edge. Just like the Note 7. Doesn't offer good side protection and much shock absorption. Hope my Defender is here on Friday! I really wish tech 21 made the XT case for the Edge but they only make it for like 3 phones.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea what case to get. I have the Samsung Led wallet case that I use for going out but I'd like something else too for every other time. I don't like bulky cases or cases that are hard to take off and put on, as I use my gear vr a lot.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea what case to get. I have the Samsung Led wallet case that I use for going out but I'd like something else too for every other time. I don't like bulky cases or cases that are hard to take off and put on, as I use my gear vr a lot.

Are you going to return it in a couple months if they re-launch the Note or will you just wait until the spring to see what the Edge 8 offers?

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I finally called and got edge replacements for our 3 lines. I also got them to throw in some cases and notate my account that they will accept them if any damage occurs to them while we wait for the replacement note 7s.

Status
Not open for further replies.