T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So I also called the 844 number just for fun.....wow. Not so fun. At first they were going to order the phone for me and get it sent to my local store. Then they realized that I had already done the return of my Note 7 for the loaner device, like I was told to do. And guess what, since I no longer have it, I can't get the exchange device. I have to wait till the device is available for resale.....Wow, this was totally against all that I was told by TM initially with this. Well all, enjoy your Note 7s tomorrow. Guess I can get one for another month! Unless I find a local store willing to sell me one.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I also called the 844 number just for fun.....wow. Not so fun. At first they were going to order the phone for me and get it sent to my local store. Then they realized that I had already done the return of my Note 7 for the loaner device, like I was told to do. And guess what, since I no longer have it, I can't get the exchange device. I have to wait till the device is available for resale.....Wow, this was totally against all that I was told by TM initially with this. Well all, enjoy your Note 7s tomorrow. Guess I can get one for another month! Unless I find a local store willing to sell me one.

If you have a loaner device you are eligible for a replacement...go into a different store tomorrow and get your note 7 and don't walk out without one...the reps are incompetent

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
If you have a loaner device you are eligible for a replacement...go into a different store tomorrow and get your note 7 and don't walk out without one...the reps are incompetent
This was not a rep. I went above their head on this to the supervisor level. I did make sure that it was noted in my account that I have a "loaner" .

The ONLY good thing is he told me I can keep my loaner on them for as long as I want to, just as long as it isn't a year, and is a reasonable time frame, and they won't charge me for it monthly.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This was not a rep. I went above their head on this to the supervisor level. I did make sure that it was noted in my account that I have a "loaner" .

The ONLY good thing is he told me I can keep my loaner on them for as long as I want to, just as long as it isn't a year, and is a reasonable time frame, and they won't charge me for it monthly.

Several people including myself who have loaners have been able to get an exchange device ordered and we have returned our note 7......they have credited me refunds on my down payment for the note 7 and they credited me the tax on my loaner device as well....I have both a confirmation email and text message for my replacement device and the email calls it a replacement device and not a exchange........I will also not be paying any fees tomorrow or charged a down payment for my replacement device

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I see a lawsuit coming out of this from a mile away just because they didn't even allow for loaners until after a lot of people had already exchanged their Note 7's, trying to do the right thing.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Several people including myself who have loaners have been able to get an exchange device ordered and we have returned our note 7......they have credited me refunds on my down payment for the note 7 and they credited me the tax on my loaner device as well....I have both a confirmation email and text message for my replacement device and the email calls it a replacement device and not a exchange........I will also not be paying any fees tomorrow or charged a down payment for my replacement device
Hum, well, will have to see. The supervisor seemed pretty set in exactly what he was supposed to say. He told me that without a Note 7 IMEI they can't even place an order in their system. I will have to wait for it to go on sale again....Then I can place a new order and turn in my "loaner" once I get that. These guys just can't get the process straight.

Neotravy

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
On my way to pick up mine from Renton highlands in WA state.

Edit - at the store now. They are Indeed doing replacements tonight. In line now.

Last edited:

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hum, well, will have to see. The supervisor seemed pretty set in exactly what he was supposed to say. He told me that without a Note 7 IMEI they can't even place an order in their system. I will have to wait for it to go on sale again....Then I can place a new order and turn in my "loaner" once I get that. These guys just can't get the process straight.
This is the problem. Just all around different answers. I wouldn't worry, just head to your store tomorrow and hopefully you'll be able to get your note 7. If they are rewarding the ones who didn't obey their recal with priority, that's screwy.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I still have my G4 and my note 7 as instructed and just realized I'm getting charged the monthly fee for both devices? What should I be getting charged for the old phone, the new phone or neither?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is the problem. Just all around different answers. I wouldn't worry, just head to your store tomorrow and hopefully you'll be able to get your note 7. If they are rewarding the ones who didn't obey their recal with priority, that's screwy.

Another logic to it is that some of us including myself are still within that 14 day period with our supposedly loaner devices... we had all rights to switch to another device if you were within the window even without this crazy replacement process....those who took their note 7 devices back in the beginning of the recall are the ones with the most issues

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a loaner. I will tell you how it goes tomorrow for me. I turned my recalled note 7 into the local store a week ago

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Another logic to it is that some of us are still within that 14 day period with our supposedly loaner devices... we had all rights to switch to another device if you were within the window even without this crazy replacement process
Yep, and in that case most of us will not be in that 14 day window if we have to wait until they go on sale again. If for some reason I don't get the note 7 tomorrow I'm just gonna keep the Edge and be done with it. I'm too tired to care anymore as it is but I'm gonna give it one good shot tomorrow for all the time I've put into it already.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep, and in that case most of us will not be in that 14 day window if we have to wait until they go on sale again. If for some reason I don't get the note 7 tomorrow I'm just gonna keep the Edge and be done with it. I'm too tired to care anymore as it is but I'm gonna give it one good shot tomorrow for all the time I've put into it already.

Did you at least secure a confirmation email for a replacement from the 1844 number...that will at least be your security/fallback for this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.