T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just returned my Note 7 replacement and got a silver S7 Edge at T-Mobile. Took about an hour to do everything but the only thing I paid for was a case for the Edge. Not thrilled about the phone (really liked the Note 7) but Note 5 won't work with my Samsung Wireless charger and no expandable memory. If I used the stylus a lot then I would have gone with the Note 5 but I don't so it seemed like the best choice for me. I'm a JOD customer so I'll see what the S8 brings or wait and see what happens with the Note line.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Got there right after they opened, 2nd in line and took about an hour. While the rep was helping me he answered a few phone calls, 2 of them were regarding trading in the Note 7.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For me the issue is they are forcing us into a phone we are not really to excited about. 6 month old 7edge for around same price? Then the holidays are coming around, you know they are gonna be having BOGO possibly or heavy discount or incentives to pick up a new phones? If they can give us a loaner s7 edge and then let me pick up an s8 when they come out, then I would be happy, but this is not really fair. IMHO

My sentiments exactly. No way I was going back to an S7 Edge. Been there and done that and the phone was even paid off.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just returned my Note 7 replacement and got a silver S7 Edge at T-Mobile. Took about an hour to do everything but the only thing I paid for was a case for the Edge. Not thrilled about the phone (really liked the Note 7) but Note 5 won't work with my Samsung Wireless charger and no expandable memory. If I used the stylus a lot then I would have gone with the Note 5 but I don't so it seemed like the best choice for me. I'm a JOD customer so I'll see what the S8 brings or wait and see what happens with the Note line.

Why wouldn't your Note 5 work with your wireless charger? I have a Note 5 and it has wireless charging.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When I went yesterday, there was no line and it was quick. Today to go from the s7edge to the Note 5 took a little longer but they got through it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Why won't it work? My Note 5 works great with my wireless charger

tara segaline

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Returned mine last night after finally getting my billing issues worked out. The CR was having a bit of trouble and had to refund me cash instead of putting it back on my card. I wake up today to a "thanks for your order" e-mail charging me for the same amount I was refunded and telling me they will let me know when it ships. WTF? If a Note 7 gets shipped here tomorrow and I have to go through another return I'm am going to scream.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Returned mine last night after finally getting my billing issues worked out. The CR was having a bit of trouble and had to refund me cash instead of putting it back on my card. I wake up today to a "thanks for your order" e-mail charging me for the same amount I was refunded and telling me they will let me know when it ships. WTF? If a Note 7 gets shipped here tomorrow and I have to go through another return I'm am going to scream.
I think they're going to be screwed up for a while my balance is still off it was -735 now is. - 435 and updated to November 1

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I think they're going to be screwed up for a while my balance is still off it was -735 now is. - 435 and updated to November 1
At least yours is messed up as a credit. About 2 weeks ago mine showed a credit as well. I figured it would fix itself when my bill cycled. Well the bill cycled and I went from $800 credit to owing them over $1,000. What a mess. I've already opened a ticket for them to fix it so I hope they have a resolution in the next 12 days before my CC gets drafted.

I'm hesitant to return my current note 7 before the bill gets fixed because who knows what might happen.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
At least yours is messed up as a credit. About 2 weeks ago mine showed a credit as well. I figured it would fix itself when my bill cycled. Well the bill cycled and I went from $800 credit to owing them over $1,000. What a mess. I've already opened a ticket for them to fix it so I hope they have a resolution in the next 12 days before my CC gets drafted.

I'm hesitant to return my current note 7 before the bill gets fixed because who knows what might happen.

Mine isn't as bad as yours, but it's showing all kinds of upgrade fees and freight charges. I haven't called em yet though.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine isn't as bad as yours, but it's showing all kinds of upgrade fees and freight charges. I haven't called em yet though.
Here's a snapshot
520991e315542847c1c80d616c8fc95e.jpg

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I just hit them up on Twitter DM. Much easier, for me anyway.

It's the phones that are messing up my bill. Original Note 7, then it was returned, loaner S7 Edge, then it was returned, now I have the 'may or may not be officially recalled but should shut it off anyway ' Note 7.

They asked me if I turned my phones in to the store or shipped them back. I said both phones were returned to the same store, I have receipts and you can see both payment plans have been marked completed in my account. They said... you are right! So they opened a ticket to get it fixed, told me 72 hours. We will see. I haven't had the greatest luck with open tickets.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for those returning and getting the V20 using your Jump....

How are you doing this?

Returning the phone for full refund and the starting a new jump when V20 comes out? (is that even possible)

Getting a phone to hold you over, then use that to Jump to V20? (will that use up a Jump)

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just hit them up on Twitter DM. Much easier, for me anyway.

It's the phones that are messing up my bill. Original Note 7, then it was returned, loaner S7 Edge, then it was returned, now I have the 'may or may not be officially recalled but should shut it off anyway ' Note 7.

They asked me if I turned my phones in to the store or shipped them back. I said both phones were returned to the same store, I have receipts and you can see both payment plans have been marked completed in my account. They said... you are right! So they opened a ticket to get it fixed, told me 72 hours. We will see. I haven't had the greatest luck with open tickets.

Surprisingly they did the S7 Edge loaner and replacement right as far as I can tell. I've just got to deal with getting shipping and upgrade fees which shouldn't be a big deal. We'll see though. I'll prolly call them in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.