T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I put $100 down for the iPhone 6S Plus on JOD and I would get part of that back each month as a $7 credit. Even when I jumped to the S7 Edge, I continued to get the credit. So you get your down payment back if JOD still works this way.

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The rep just told me $69.99 down, $33.50 for 18 months, $177 residual. Pretty disappointing as that really elevates the cost of ownership with JoD if you actually switch 3 times/year and down payments are the new norm.

Well reps have been wrong before. though it sounds realistic I'm hoping it's not. I'll be complaining cause that's not what's advertised

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I put $100 down for the iPhone 6S Plus on JOD and I would get part of that back each month as a $7 credit. Even when I jumped to the S7 Edge, I continued to get the credit. So you get your down payment back if JOD still works this way.
That's interesting info. Thanks for that. I'll ask the rep because they definitely aren't telling me that right now in DM.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well reps have been wrong before. though it sounds realistic I'm hoping it's not. I'll be complaining cause that's not what's advertised
Yep, I'm complaining right now via DM lol. They are trying to say it's a premium model because of storage capacity but 64gb is the base model.

If the poster above is correct and the deposit gets issued back in credit, I'll feel better about it. I'd prefer no money down like is advertised, but if I recoup some with a credit, it's not as bad.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Probably should. I also hate it when these stores offer to install the glass protector too. Like when my dad bought Zagg HD screen protector at Best Buy for his S5 they put it on and it ended up having some specs of dirt under it.

But yes then I'm probably better off having the phone shipped directly to me and popping the SIM card in myself. I just hate having to stand there to get waited on too. Up in St. Louis where I lived they had Tmobile stores everywhere. I had 3 stores within about 3 miles of me so waiting was never an issue because they got so many stores they are never swamped unless you go to the one in the mall.

I'm on my mom's plan so I had to bring my mom with me, but last time they let me buy the phone without her there since I wasn't making any changes to the number or plan. She hated waiting a long time when I bought my Note 5.

I never understood the obsession with reps opening the box up right then and there. At least ask. In the past they just tore into it and I had them give me a new one on one occasion. They'll give you a story about how they have to set it up but it's a simple phone call if you take it home sealed with you.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually if you look at the first link, it says $69.99 down. The Note 5 64GB was $100 down.

Posted via the *Note 5*
It says $69.99 for EIP. I haven't seen anything except the DM from the rep on Twitter that says JoD will require down payment. It's not very uncarrier to advertise no money up front for JoD and then require it.

And they can't get away with calling it a premium model because it's 64gb. There isn't an offer for a lower storage option. And my V10 is 64gb and a down payment wasn't required.

But anyway, if they do in fact give a bill credit if you don't complete the 18 month lease, it's a wash. If they take my down payment and pocket it, then JoD is almost not worth it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This rep is telling me the down payment is not pro-rated back when you Jump to another device. So I replied with... You are telling me that if I get the Note 7 and decide in a month to use another Jump to another device that it will cost me $69.99+$33.50= $103.49 plus taxes to own the Note 7 for a whole 30 days? That's real uncarrier for the customer isn't it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And what you guys are going through is exactly why I don't do those type of lease things haha.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It says $69.99 for EIP. I haven't seen anything except the DM from the rep on Twitter that says JoD will require down payment. It's not very uncarrier to advertise no money up front for JoD and then require it.

And they can't get away with calling it a premium model because it's 64gb. There isn't an offer for a lower storage option. And my V10 is 64gb and a down payment wasn't required.

But anyway, if they do in fact give a bill credit if you don't complete the 18 month lease, it's a wash. If they take my down payment and pocket it, then JoD is almost not worth it.

Maybe this is your confusion. The post says EIP, but the link to the tmobile site does not say EIP. Unless I missed it, could you quote it for me?

ETA I only found this

Equipment Installment Plan: Down payment & unfinanced portion required at purchase. Must remain on qualifying service in good standing for duration of EIP agreement.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
After reading and after the down payment the eip will be $32.50..the exact samething I'm paying now for my S7e. So I'm really won't be losing anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I never understood the obsession with reps opening the box up right then and there. At least ask. In the past they just tore into it and I had them give me a new one on one occasion. They'll give you a story about how they have to set it up but it's a simple phone call if you take it home sealed with you.

Yea it's no different than buying an unlocked phone at best buy and putting the sim card in yourself.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this is your confusion. The post says EIP, but the link to the tmobile site does not say EIP. Unless I missed it, could you quote it for me?

ETA I only found this

Equipment Installment Plan: Down payment & unfinanced portion required at purchase. Must remain on qualifying service in good standing for duration of EIP agreement.

Posted via the *Note 5*
It's EIP when it's 24 monthly payments. It says $69.99 down, 24 payments of $32.50, that's EIP. Jump on demand is 18 payments and then a residual.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And what you guys are going through is exactly why I don't do those type of lease things haha.
Yep me too, don't want to be stuck in all these JOD and depend on useless carriers to carry the phone. If I have to buy a carrier phone will do EIP, at the same time if I want to get an non carrier phone then payoff and sell the device and get any device.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep me too, don't want to be stuck in all these JOD and depend on useless carriers to carry the phone. If I have to buy a carrier phone will do EIP, at the same time if I want to get an non carrier phone then payoff and sell the device and get any device.
Well really there's nothing to be 'stuck' in. Being on JoD doesn't cost anymore money than EIP or buying it outright. In JoD you can still pay off the phone just like with EIP. The bonus to JoD was that T-Mobile was basically guaranteeing the resale value of the phone. The big bold advertising was no upfront payment when switching devices which is not what appears to be happening with the Note 7.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well really there's nothing to be 'stuck' in. Being on JoD doesn't cost anymore money than EIP or buying it outright. In JoD you can still pay off the phone just like with EIP. The bonus to JoD was that T-Mobile was basically guaranteeing the resale value of the phone. The big bold advertising was no upfront payment when switching devices which is not what appears to be happening with the Note 7.
Ahh got it, thanks for clarifying.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Now y'all got me confused. I have regular old Jump. As of this morning, when I logged into to T-Mobile it said in order for me to JUMP, I have 170 dollars left to pay on my iPhone 6S+. I paid it this morning and now it says I am eligible.

I called this afternoon and the rep said all I had to do now is come in and put in my preorder and it won't cost me anything. I will have to send my phone once the Note 7 gets in but that's it.

What's all this money down stuff you're talking about? Did I miss something?

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
No your regular jump program works differently than on demand. The down payment wouldn't apply to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87