T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine through the phone last night as I am JOD customer. Inquired via live chat about status today since I couldn't look it up on my tmobile nor via check order status on tmobile.com. Says my status is on backorder. Gonna call later and check again.

More than likely your status will remain "backorder" until it ships. The rep I talked to said pre-order & backorder are pretty much the same thing in their system when it's regarding a new phone that hasn't been released yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I called. They wanted me to pay $226.26 upfront. $146.67 was the down payment because of my credit card or something like that. The lady wasn't even sure. She kept going about the amounts and getting it mixed up. Um no. Maybe I'll try when it's in the store or just skip it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

They usually do device payments based off credit. Would this be a factor?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
They usually do device payments based off credit. Would this be a factor?

I wondered if that's what she meant, but since she couldn't itemize the cost I gave up. I just checked tmobile. Apparently my trade in on my phone is less then what I owe. I bet that's where the extra amount came from.

Posted via the *Note 5*

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to a rep via facebook and asked about the Note 7 possibly being shipped early and this is the response I got

"With T-Mobile the UnCarrier, the one thing I have learned is to "expect the unexpected"! While I am not able to guarantee that they will be shipped early the general idea behind the preorders is they want as many to be delivered [as possible] by the launch date!

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine (or at least tried)...

I have never talked to a less informed person at TMobile (I dialed 611). I have Jump On Demand. I was on the phone 40 minutes. She just kept trying to charge me $20 for a SIM card, then asking for my drivers license # so she could pull credit, 24 payments of $32.50, etc. I told her no, because JoD doesn't work that way. Each time I would get an "uhhh" and a few minutes of silence before she said "OK" and kept processing. At the end of the call, she said my preorder was all complete. Never asking for the $69 up front payment. I just sent a DM to TMobile Help on Twitter hoping they can clear it up. They seem to be the most competent of the bunch

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I have never talked to a less informed person at TMobile (I dialed 611). I have Jump On Demand. I was on the phone 40 minutes. She just kept trying to charge me $20 for a SIM card, then asking for my drivers license # so she could pull credit, 24 payments of $32.50, etc. I told her no, because JoD doesn't work that way. Each time I would get an "uhhh" and a few minutes of silence before she said "OK" and kept processing. At the end of the call, she said my preorder was all complete. Never asking for the $69 up front payment. I just sent a DM to TMobile Help on Twitter hoping they can clear it up. They seem to be the most competent of the bunch
Yep, they should help you out. I never call them anymore. The only time I talk to T-Mobile on the phone is when Care on Twitter calls me.

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I just decided i'm going to start recording these calls on my cell since these reps are never held accountable.

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
After complaining on Facebook to a rep I got word that starting tomorrow well qualified JOD customers will no longer need to pay a down payment and can instead pay $37.50 a month. Very happy about that

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
After complaining on Facebook to a rep I got word that starting tomorrow well qualified JOD customers will no longer need to pay a down payment and can instead pay $37.50 a month. Very happy about that
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll see if they charge my card when it ships since the agreement I signed says down payment plus 33.50/month. Or maybe I'll just send them a DM and ask what the deal is.

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll see if they charge my card when it ships since the agreement I signed says down payment plus 33.50/month. Or maybe I'll just send them a DM and ask what the deal is.

I sent a rep a DM and he said I could cancel my order and reorder it tomorrow. I asked would that put me further back in line and now I'm getting no response.

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I sent a rep a DM and he said I could cancel my order and reorder it tomorrow. I asked would that put me further back in line and now I'm getting no response.
Yeah I imagine It will but I'm sure being its only the 2nd day of pre orders is
It will be sent with the 1st or 2nd batch of devices

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I figured would have to happen but as the Uncarrier they should figure out how to make it right for everyone. The phone isn't even released yet so everyone who preorders should have the same rates on JoD.

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I figured would have to happen but as the Uncarrier they should figure out how to make it right for everyone. The phone isn't even released yet so everyone who preorders should have the same rates on JoD.
I would be happy with just having the down payment credited to my account.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Nothing but issues with TMO. Ordered 3x on line. Order cancelled 3x. Then went to the store...looks to be processing now.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I would be happy with just having the down payment credited to my account.
I'm gonna suggest that to them via DM but I doubt it gets me anywhere. They confirmed that I could cancel and reorder tomorrow with no down payment but would lose my place in the preorder queue. What a cluster.

shnweller

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a Note 7 thru the Samsung site. I messaged them and asked when it will be shipped. They said within a week. I screen shotted it. Not sure how to post it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress