The Note 7 Battery life Thread

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, why are you putting so much effort into SOT with your current phone with the recall?
Because I don't plan to return my phone! I live in a different country than where I bought it. I purchased a non warranty internarional version on Amazon, and I love my note 7 way too much to let anyone take it away from me for weeks.
Over my dead body!!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Because I don't plan to return my phone! I live in a different country than where I bought it. I purchased a non warranty internarional version on Amazon, and I love my note 7 way too much to let anyone take it away from me for weeks.
Over my dead body!!
If it explodes while your on the phone you may get that wish. Seriously, based on all your battery problems and now the recall you really should consider exchanging it

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Over my dead body!!
Why would you not return it? Doesn't matter where you live or bought it, it's recalled and Samsung will take care of it.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Why would you not return it? Doesn't matter where you live or bought it, it's recalled and Samsung will take care of it.
But why should I return it?!! I don't believe my phone will explode. It feels too perfect. Never even heats up not even when I use it while charging.
And what will I do during the 3 weeks window before they send me the new phone? I'll be left with my flip phone from 6 years ago...
That recall thing just sounds like a big hassle to me. I'd rather keep my brand new phone and stay away from all this mess....

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
But why should I return it?!! I don't believe my phone will explode. It feels too perfect. Never even heats up not even when I use it while charging.
And what will I do during the 3 weeks window before they send me the new phone? I'll be left with my flip phone from 6 years ago...
That recall thing just sounds like a big hassle to me. I'd rather keep my brand new phone and stay away from all this mess....
3 week window? Where are you getting that from?

It doesn't matter what you believe about the phone, you literally have no control on whether it fails or not. And just because it's not experiencing anything now, doesn't mean it won't.

And I hope you don't plan to sell it in the future because it will be worthless.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
3 week window? Where are you getting that from?

It doesn't matter what you believe about the phone, you literally have no control on whether it fails or not. And just because it's not experiencing anything now, doesn't mean it won't.

And I hope you don't plan to sell it in the future because it will be worthless.
You have to ship the phone to them (takes one week) and then they claim to send back the new unit within 14 business days. At least that's what the guy at Samsung + told me earlier today. Anyone else around here keeping their note 7 or am I the only one who refuses to send mine back in...?

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
You have to ship the phone to them (takes one week) and then they claim to send back the new unit within 14 business days. At least that's what the guy at Samsung + told me earlier today. Anyone else around here keeping their note 7 or am I the only one who refuses to send mine back in...?
Wow a 3 week process? That's bs.. They gotta do better than that

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I would just bet you will get a different answer from them in a couple days.

Good luck.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
One quick question erasat, now that I've reset to factory, do I still need to wipe the cache or that's not necessary anymore?

I always do both, old habits, but technically speaking with the full reset, if done via recovery menu it, by definition, should have taking care of everything.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
The least they good do is take the responsability with the resellers for the exchange. For example if you bought it at best buy you go to a store and exchange it immediately. But no, they gonna make you ship it to Samsung apparently. What a pain...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The least they good do is take the responsability with the resellers for the exchange. For example if you bought it at best buy you go to a store and exchange it immediately. But no, they gonna make you ship it to Samsung apparently. What a pain...
Not in the USA they aren't. All carriers are offering returns and will offer exchanges when they get the new stock. Best Buy is doing the same.

Again, I'd revisit your convo with Samsung in a few days once all the info has settled in.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow a 3 week process? That's bs.. They gotta do better than that
This is not true. Not even close. Already local news did story and said this AM most stores will have replacements in their hands by Friday of this week and Monday of the next week.

They started making replacements last week before they even made the announcement.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
This is not true. Not even close. Already local news did story and said this AM most stores will have replacements in their hands by Friday of this week and Monday of the next week.

They started making replacements last week before they even made the announcement.
Well, for me if would still be a hassle. Bought the phone on Amazon while travelling in the US. Now I'm back in Europe. Sound like a big mess for me. Sending it it will be expensive and take time. Getting it back will take even more time. I might need to pay tax too when I receive a phone from the US in europe. Sounds so much simpler to stick to my phone. But I'll message the Amazon seller just to see his thought anyway....

David Hampson

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone experienced rapid and complete battery drain?

Tonight my phone was around 50% at 9:30pm and by 10pm it had shutdown. The battery had barely enough charge to turn the phone on.

Screenshot_20160903-221729.jpg

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

Cool.. So i should be able to swap it out this coming week? Is it just the phone can i expect new headphones and a charger?

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I really like my Note 7. It's my fist non-Apple smartphone. My only concern is battery life. I switched from an iPhone 5s.

The past 2 nights, the Note 7 has consumed 15% battery overnight. I put it on standby, nothing on the screen, in medium power saving mode, with WiFi and GPS enabled. With a similar setup, my iPhone 5s lost only 1-2% overnight. Is there something else I need to configure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez