Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I sure hope so, I can't stand this s7e already.

I definitely miss my Note 7.

Loved the S-Pen and the Iris scanner. If I had not ever had a Note at all the S7E is a GREAT phone. But being I have had 3 different Notes now (2,3,7) I don't care for this S7E, and I'm bitting at the bit to exchange this.

Talked to "my rep" and he said he will be getting a hold of me soon. So I'm thinking we are getting close.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Announcement: GENERAL QUARTERS. All hell is about to break out at 4:15 when the CPSC makes the formal recall announcement. Man your battle stations.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Announcement: GENERAL QUARTERS. All hell is about to break out at 4:15 when the CPSC makes the formal recall announcement. Man your battle stations.

This announcement is worthless just tells me to take it back but nothing about when they will OK my new Note 7. They should have a date that is solid not just turn it off and take it back.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this is nothing new, but just saying that I talked with online Verizon who then got me to phone customer support who assured me that I could choose any phone that I wanted when I returned my note 7 and that i wouldn't have to make payments on the loaner phone but if it were to get damaged I might be liable for that. I will ask when I go in to the store but I feel sure my insurance should transfer over. That all being said, I guess if this drags out for months we will essentially have a free phone for that whole time. They said also that when you bring back the note it will totally wipe that phone off your account so I guess when replacements are in I could maybe get my blue that they didn't have when I bought this one.
So is anyone going with anything besides an s7 or s7 edge for their loaner? If so, what and why?
I'll either get my loaner tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I want to drive 50 miles one way to pick it up.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I know this is nothing new, but just saying that I talked with online Verizon who then got me to phone customer support who assured me that I could choose any phone that I wanted when I returned my note 7 and that i wouldn't have to make payments on the loaner phone but if it were to get damaged I might be liable for that. I will ask when I go in to the store but I feel sure my insurance should transfer over. That all being said, I guess if this drags out for months we will essentially have a free phone for that whole time. They said also that when you bring back the note it will totally wipe that phone off your account so I guess when replacements are in I could maybe get my blue that they didn't have when I bought this one.
So is anyone going with anything besides an s7 or s7 edge for their loaner? If so, what and why?
I'll either get my loaner tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I want to drive 50 miles one way to pick it up.

The new phones will be out no later than the 21st according to samsung.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The new phones will be out no later than the 21st according to samsung.
So maybe I should wait? I hate moving into new phones even tho the switch thing makes it easier. I would like to have the blue tho and I bet if I returned a black one they'll make me stick with black.
I'm really just lazy and don't want to drive 100 miles today to do the exchange.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
On phone with Verizon now. Save yourself the trouble and let this play out a few days. They don't even know there has been a formal recall yet.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
So maybe I should wait? I hate moving into new phones even tho the switch thing makes it easier. I would like to have the blue tho and I bet if I returned a black one they'll make me stick with black.
I'm really just lazy and don't want to drive 100 miles today to do the exchange.

Honestly...if your phone hasnt been getting too warm I would be very cautious with charging but id hold onto it until next week. Less hassle and you know for sure you will be able to get a new note 7. I feel like there will be an issue somewhere with people who got loaners trying to do a double exchange...

Thats just my opinion though..I am not exchanging mine until I will be getting a brand new one the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.