Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Just did my swap at the closest vzw store (hour +). It was seamless. I brought only the bad n7, they told me the accessories were mine to keep, and even suggested hanging onto the spen, as it would cost $50 to replace if i ever lost it :D

The whole process too about 20 min, and I'm out the door.

Double stickers on my silver n7 box.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm guessing that means they went in and replaced the battery of a device already manufactured.

I think they went through the ones they had in house (they being samsung) separated them in two piles good battery and bad battery and the ones that were good got the new labels (for inventory control).

Actually switching out the battery in the phone is a very hands on activity and not something they would do at this stage. We do this type of segregation of good vs bad material all the time in manufacturing.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think they went through the ones they had in house (they being samsung) separated them in two piles good battery and bad battery and the ones that were good got the new labels (for inventory control).

Actually switching out the battery in the phone is a very hands on activity and not something they would do at this stage. We do this type of segregation of good vs bad material all the time in manufacturing.

Makes sense. I've got the green icon so I'm good with it. Build quality looks good too.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Not an exchange but I was able to pick up a new Note 7 yesterday at a corporate store. They were also offering 25% off accessories due to the Note 7 issues in general so I used that to get a VR.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I have been reading this thread, and this may have come up but i do not remember seeing it. Has anyone took in a broken prerecall note 7 to be swapped out. By broke i mean like the screen shattered.

Just wondering if you ran into any issues?

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
It looks like I was credited a device payment as well as the $25 bill credit.

Now I don't think it was a credit. I think they pushed our upgrade dates back a month so we'll see that first $36 payment on the next bill rather than the current one as well as one more payment on the back end. I got an e-mail this morning with a new upgrade date of yesterday so I guess that's the reason for the adjustment. I guess I'll have to get on the chat and make sure they apply my $25 bill credit.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Now I don't think it was a credit. I think they pushed our upgrade dates back a month so we'll see that first $36 payment on the next bill rather than the current one as well as one more payment on the back end. I got an e-mail this morning with a new upgrade date of yesterday so I guess that's the reason for the adjustment. I guess I'll have to get on the chat and make sure they apply my $25 bill credit.
Yes this is exactly what they did. My contract is now 9/21 instead of the previous August date. Need to call them AGAIN 😠

Brad Mathis

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Huge shoutout to Verizon store in Thomasville, GA, called and had phone held for me yesterday and had my Blue Note 7 swapped out and everything transferred in 15 minutes and back out the door, great customer service when I got my phone on 8/20 and once again last night, apologizing over and over again when this was def. not all their fault at all. Hated to give up on original phone that had not given me the 1st bit of problem

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Went in yesterday morning and 3 local stores were out of stock. Went back at 2:30 pm and I got my replacement black Note7 and also bought my wife a blue one. So they are definitely selling new ones at some stores. Mine are both made in Korea. The black has a mfr. date of 9/10/16 and I haven't checked the blue yet. Just happy that this whole ordeal is behind us. Best of luck to all who are still waiting for an exchange. I didn't get the $25 bill credit so I will call after a few days since I am done dealing with VZW for a while!

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is interesting!

Did any of you who had their replacement shipped to them receive a return shipping label? I did not, just the receipt. Just called VZW and was told, "DO NOT return the phone". The gentleman said right now Verizon is telling all of its customers (guessing he meant just those who had it shipped) to NOT send them back, because they don't know how they're handling it yet. Then went on to say this whole thing is unprecedented. I told him the CS rep put mine thru as a return/repurchase and I was given a new payment plan. He said what they are doing is filing a form on our behalf(s) to refund the previously purchased Note 7's even tho we have not returned them yet! Said the process would take up to 72 hours, but he was filing it for me as we spoke.

He said just hold onto it, and they will be contacting us in the future with instructions on returning them.

LOL, so the ticking time bombs stay in our homes! I remember the manager of the store I tried to get a loaner from (but didn't have what I wanted) telling me they have them "quarantined". Pictured them tossing them into a huge water tank!

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
shows as shipped now, also the ups tracking number is showing that it has been picked up.
have you shipped back your old device yet, if so did you send back just the phone pr what. also did your replacement phone come with a new sim, and if so did you use the new sim.
SHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!! Man YOU DESERVE some good news!!!
Well, I guess it's round 2 now cause they didn't send any return shipping label. But I'm not calling till tomorrow. I just want peace for a day or so with my new "Precious" :p
My bet is we WON'T be able to "ship/mail" because of those dangerous batteries. So ...... we'll see. I've decided that "I" will return the accessories and pen - when I turn my back and walk away , all I want is good karma and to forget this all ever happened.
HAPPY FOR YA!!!

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.0.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Huge shoutout to Verizon store in Thomasville, GA, called and had phone held for me yesterday and had my Blue Note 7 swapped out and everything transferred in 15 minutes and back out the door, great customer service when I got my phone on 8/20 and once again last night, apologizing over and over again when this was def. not all their fault at all. Hated to give up on original phone that had not given me the 1st bit of problem

Good to know about Thomasville. I'm in Tallahassee and the Verizon stores here have been packed. Of course I have to wait on Costco anyways...

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that means they went in and replaced the battery of a device already manufactured.
I don't think so. My guess is they were already manufactured with a different battery so they slapped a sticker over the previous one that now has the square and any number/part changes. The phone claims it's a SM-N930VZBAVZW while the box has SMN930VZBB on it. I'm thinking the 930VZBA vs 930VZBB indicates the rev B model with different battery. I'm not going to peel off my 2nd sticker to check though. My manufacture date is supposedly 9/1/2016 and it's blue coral. My icon is green, my battery is charging well and lasting as long as the original, and I can't tell if the phone was pried apart and resealed so I'm considering it new and moving on with life. :)

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Well, this is interesting!

Did any of you who had their replacement shipped to them receive a return shipping label? I did not, just the receipt. Just called VZW and was told, "DO NOT return the phone". The gentleman said right now Verizon is telling all of its customers (guessing he meant just those who had it shipped) to NOT send them back, because they don't know how they're handling it yet. Then went on to say this whole thing is unprecedented. I told him the CS rep put mine thru as a return/repurchase and I was given a new payment plan. He said what they are doing is filing a form on our behalf(s) to refund the previously purchased Note 7's even tho we have not returned them yet! Said the process would take up to 72 hours, but he was filing it for me as we spoke.

He said just hold onto it, and they will be contacting us in the future with instructions on returning them.

LOL, so the ticking time bombs stay in our homes! I remember the manager of the store I tried to get a loaner from (but didn't have what I wanted) telling me they have them "quarantined". Pictured them tossing them into a huge water tank!

When we went to do our loaners there was an issue with my wife's phone and they wanted us to ship her defective N7 back instead of turning it in at the store. They said we will send you a box and label. Label made it but the box didn't. There didn't seem to be any problem last week but of course things could have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.