T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Problem for me is that all my local stores were telling me in the phone yesterday that they hadn't gotten shipments at all. Said to maybe check back later today. One said after 3 and other 2 said after 6....I think they were all just blowing smoke though. Can't trust these guys in these stores at all.

That was yesterday. Some didn't want to deal with returns or anything until the 21st when Samsung said they'd go on sale. Most weren't saying anything for weeks. I'd suggest calling today. Maybe talk with a manager.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Something tells me we are going to hear horror stories today of whats going to happen in the stores.

I think it will be a mess with people waiting hours.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Something tells me we are going to hear horror stories today of whats going to happen in the stores.

I think it will be a mess with people waiting hours.
I think the process and wait time will vary quite a bit store to store. Some atores really seem to have a grip on the process and others not so much

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with T-Force on twitter. I was told that since I returned my phone for a full refund when the recall was announced that I would have to wait until the phone goes on sale to the general public.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just spoke with T-Force on twitter. I was told that since I returned my phone for a full refund when the recall was announced that I would have to wait until the phone goes on sale to the general public.
Doesn't sound right. My one local store said they're only handling recall replacements no new sales. If you had one and turned it in because of the recall, it's a recall replacement. Contact the local stores in your area

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

The one store I called yesterday said they're doing new sells. Today, the 21st.
Call a store or more then one, talk to a manager of needed. Or if you can just walk right in.

Nate512

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hmm I wonder with new purchases they are still asking for the 69.99 down for a JUMP on demand. That would be dumb... Verizon and AT&T dont.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
If we go into the store for an exchange can we choose what color we want or does it have to be the color as we have now? Also I'm sure (ymwv) will the store's ask for the box and accessories? I was hoping to keep the s-pen as a spare or backup. At this point the bad phone is the only thing they want or need. I'll leave it the car just in case.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you bring chargers and Spen. People are getting turned away for not having everything which is B.S we should be able to just turn phone in.

I went with just my phone and took out the Spen but it was in my purse in case they spotted that it wasn't there. They didn't. So I have an extra one. All I returned was the plain phone, I mean the need the chargers and used headphones for what? to give to other people? Samsung doesn't need them. But I can understand them might needing the Spen.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't sound right. My one local store said they're only handling recall replacements no new sales. If you had one and turned it in because of the recall, it's a recall replacement. Contact the local stores in your area

If he/she got a refund it likely wiped the Note out of their systems for retail stores, so I could see that possibly being the case.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If he/she got a refund it likely wiped the Note out of their systems for retail stores, so I could see that possibly being the case.

That's what I'm thinking. I wouldn't be able to go until after work anyway, so I'll see what kind of luck everyone else has with purchasing one today before I go in.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking. I wouldn't be able to go until after work anyway, so I'll see what kind of luck everyone else has with purchasing one today before I go in.

The rep on the 844 number that placed my order for in store pickup told me they'd hold the one I ordered for up to 12 days. We'll see if that happens. I very seriously doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.