Non-USA Carrier Note 7 Recall Thread

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if Rogers would handle it on our behalf but I personally would rather go with Samsung directly. I would have done the same to buy the Note 7 in the first place if I could have done a hardware upgrade at the Samsung store but sadly I could not.

I just hope they don't drop the price of the Note 7's now as a result of the bad press for the recall.
My only thing I have concerns over with going through Samsung is those that pre ordered directly through Samsung were last on the list to receive their note 7's

I worry the replacement process may be the same, where the carriers get priority over individual Samsung orders

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
[While yes, this is somewhat unprecedented, and yes, I applaud Samsung for trying to act quickly, their response, at least in Canada, has been less than stellar to say the least] .

I received a text from TELUS on Friday Sept 2 about the issue and a link to their response plan. I further received an email from (shameless plug for a decade of awesome service to us) Andre's Electronics with some more detailed info. In both cases there were options available to exchange for loaner and wait it out or return for a different phone. Seems to be very well handled in the BC part of Canada.

I live in bc Canada but did not have a very smooth experience so far

I referenced Telus many times while dealing with Rogers, reminding them how it's already been says with Telus having clear info and steps to take on replacing and Rogers has absolutely nothing. Kept reminding them of that the whole phone call as they kept trying to use the excuse they are just waiting for more info from Samsung

How the hell can Telus have all the info on the 2nd and we are rolling onto the 7th now and Rogers has no clue

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
That's great you got that all sorted out. That's the bad thing about Rogers, is you have to speak to someone higher up to get what you want and you're on the phone forever. I've gone through that with Rogers many many times.
I have to call Rogers back again to make sure my billing was fixed properly. The rep I spoke with didn't seem to know what he was doing. He kept putting me on hold. He didn't even know about the Note 7 issue.

Did they give you a time frame as to when you will be getting a new replacement?

No time frame unfortunately... May call back today to see if I can get one

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I live in bc Canada but did not have a very smooth experience so far

I referenced Telus many times while dealing with Rogers, reminding them how it's already been says with Telus having clear info and steps to take on replacing and Rogers has absolutely nothing. Kept reminding them of that the whole phone call as they kept trying to use the excuse they are just waiting for more info from Samsung

How the hell can Telus have all the info on the 2nd and we are rolling onto the 7th now and Rogers has no clue

This is why my second line is with TELUS. I got tired of calling Rogers over and over again and not getting my issues resolved or I was told the wrong thing. The fact that the rep I spoke with didn't even know about the Note 7 battery issue baffles me. TELUS was the first Canadian carrier to post information on how to deal with the Note 7 issue. That's why TELUS continues to be #1 in customer service for several years in a roll now.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
My only thing I have concerns over with going through Samsung is those that pre ordered directly through Samsung were last on the list to receive their note 7's

I worry the replacement process may be the same, where the carriers get priority over individual Samsung orders
But with this new info from Samsung would Rogers not direct us now to the Samsung website if all we want is a replacement device?

I mean I don't really care when I get it as long as it comes.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
No time frame unfortunately... May call back today to see if I can get one

I think the earliest you'll get a replacement is sometime next week. Costco couldn't give my brother a time frame so that's why he chose a full refund. But Rogers will get priority first, so hopefully you don't have to wait too long.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My only other question now is do we just need to send the phone back or all accessories? Reading through other threads people are saying samsung is only asking for the phone back. It's the carrier's that are saying the accessories

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My only other question now is do we just need to send the phone back or all accessories? Reading through other threads people are saying samsung is only asking for the phone back. It's the carrier's that are saying the accessories

If Rogers is sending you the brand new replacement and they are asking for the accessories as well, I would send everything back. They might charge you for the accessories.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
If Rogers is sending you the brand new replacement and they are asking for the accessories as well, I would send everything back. They might charge you for the accessories.

Well if samsung fells me they just need the phone then I may just do the exchange through them instead

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well if samsung fells me they just need the phone then I may just do the exchange through them instead

Yeah if Samsung is telling you that then go through them instead. I just know when Rogers sent me a brand new replacement of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (long time ago) they wanted everything in the retail box.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah if Samsung is telling you that then go through them instead. I just know when Rogers sent me a brand new replacement of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (long time ago) they wanted everything in the retail box.

Well I know when it's a replacement through rogers then you need to send it all back. But in this case it's samsung recalling the phone, it's not going back.to rogers for them to refurb. So don't see any rogers carses if they get any accessories back

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen what Samsung is asking for here in Canada but if they send us a new sealed retail package box I would assume we ship back our notes in the original box. Unless they just ship out phones with no retail packaging which would suck because then IMEI on box wouldn't match the phone etc.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Was going they would let us keep the accessories and still get a full new retail box

For the inconvenience of all this

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Was going they would let us keep the accessories and still get a full new retail box

For the inconvenience of all this
Maybe but probably not likely, I'm sure we will find out soon as we are contacted by Samsung after filling out the form, they said 48hrs

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I know. Regardless if the recall is from Samsung, if you are sent a brand new retail unit, you have to send back your original box along with the accessories. I am 100% sure they will send you a brand new retail unit as promised by Samsung Canada. Even if you get the brand new replacement from Rogers or Samsung, you still have to include all the accessories. It's no different if you were to walk into a Rogers store and do a swap there. They expect all the accessories back. I'm just trying to save you guys the headache of having to send them back or get billed for them later.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I know. Regardless if the recall is from Samsung, if you are sent a brand new retail unit, you have to send back your original box along with the accessories. I am 100% sure they will send you a brand new retail unit as promised by Samsung Canada. Even if you get the brand new replacement from Rogers or Samsung, you still have to include all the accessories. It's no different if you were to walk into a Rogers store and do a swap there. They expect all the accessories back. I'm just trying to save you guys the headache of having to send them back or get billed for them later.

Well I wouldn't just go ahead and do it without inquiring first

But if you read threw a few different threads here, one even linking a statement from Samsung Australia, they say they only want the phone back. Not the accessories

So once in contact by samsung in the next couple days I will be inquiring about it if they are allowing consumers in other parts of the world to do so, we can't we have the same perk?

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well I wouldn't just go ahead and do it without inquiring first

But if you read threw a few different threads here, one even linking a statement from Samsung Australia, they say they only want the phone back. Not the accessories

So once in contact by samsung in the next couple days I will be inquiring about it if they are allowing consumers in other parts of the world to do so, we can't we have the same perk?

Well, Samsung Canada hasn't handled this recall as good as the rest of the world. Definitely call Samsung and ask them. I know they don't want used headsets back. The rest of the accessories costs them a few bucks to make. I agree with you. Just advising you to confirm, that's all.

Chiramii

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
For Scandinavian peeps waiting for their phone, Samsung has confirmed they will resume shipping of Note 7 phones some time next month. It is such a laxed timeframe that I'll prepare for a delivery in the second half of October so they have a chance to positively surprise me.

Days gonna feel like weeks going forward .

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Got an email from Samsung Canada this evening. Looks like the new devices are shipping out Monday
39458015490fa28269b17cea84abcb29.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87