New N7 indicators not there...

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have successfully checked the IMEI and it comes out okay.

There is NO battery icon stuff at all to talk about. The phone looks identical in every way. The square was on the box, and AT&T really gave me a McDonald's bad with a few fries on the bottom it seemed like.. Crap box but there was a square. Add that to the IMEI check and I have NO other indications.

I am certain I am good. But I wanted it out there and feel very strongly that this doesn't belong in one of the recall threads or the I got my phone thread... This feels like it should be addressed individually.

UPDATE:

there is a recall update that gives you those indicators. Just rock that and you're good.

Last edited:

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
They will release an update to only the replacement phones, and the battery icon will be green. Don't worry, nobody's replacement has the green battery icon yet.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You have to install a software update for the green battery indicator I believe. Verizon updates went out Monday I believe.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I have successfully checked the IMEI and it comes out okay.

There is NO battery icon stuff at all to talk about. The phone looks identical in every way. The square was on the box, and AT&T really gave me a McDonald's bad with a few fries on the bottom it seemed like.. Crap box but there was a square. Add that to the IMEI check and I have NO other indications.

I am certain I am good. But I wanted it out there and feel very strongly that this doesn't belong in one of the recall threads or the I got my phone thread... This feels like it should be addressed individually.
Just did a software upgrade on my replacement Note 7 now have green battery icon (AT&T)

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yup I'm on att and after this post I went and forced my phone to check for an update and it's downloading as I type. It should be the update to change the battery icon.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Should everybody with replacement phones have access to the update now or just those with certain carriers?

I take it you don't have verizon or at&t since you asked that. What carrier you have and have you checked to see if your phone has an update available?

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I got two replacements from AT&T yesterday and just checked for a software update and it says current software is up to date, yet no green battery icons here. What gives.