Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: I PHONE 7!

Seriously thinking to switch. I want the stylus but Note series seems to be only one that has it.
During the Hurricane we evacuated and in the poor coverage area (AT&T) where we were my wife could get a signal where my Note3 got nada.
I'm going to the V20 until the note 9 comes out..... Samsung rock's

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I used an XPERIA XZ.

In short, it's alright and certainly a pretty good phone, but for $699, it's a bit of a tough sell.

View attachment 242106

Sony makes beautiful phones. I had a Z5 Premium at one point. Sony's Z line is in fact where Samsung's glass-metal design ethos came from. They're just a little overpriced for what you're getting.

Samsung stepped-up its design game but Sony never stepped-up its feature game.

Anxious to see what Nokia brings to the table with their Android line... their Lumia hardware was absolutely fantastic and innovative.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a new Note 5. It's really quite a capable device and still considered one of the best phones in the phablet category. Feels much better in the hand than my IP6+ and just as fluid as the Galaxy S7.
Did the 5 really get a completely undeserved bad rap just because of no expandable storage? Shame.

And no always-on display. Two pretty big features to miss for many of us.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sony makes beautiful phones. I had a Z5 Premium at one point. Sony's Z line is in fact where Samsung's glass-metal design ethos came from. They're just a little overpriced for what you're getting.

Samsung stepped-up its design game but Sony never stepped-up its feature game.

Anxious to see what Nokia brings to the table with their Android line... their Lumia hardware was absolutely fantastic and innovative.
Sony makes pretty solid phones.

Problem is that they are very expensive, and some might not see much value in them in terms of what you get for the price, especially since rivals have stepped up their build quality game.

And I'd love to see what Nokia is able to cook up.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

A co worker and myself just took back our 2nd Note7s, and ordered iphone7+, Havent had a Apple since iPhone4s , We will see how the Note 8 goes and if i return back to Android...

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
It came down to S7E or Pixel XL

Pros:
Nexus-ish (latest Android, fast updates).
Better performance than N7 (newer chip, leaner software).

Cons:
Ugly.
Half assed multitasking.
Lack of ultra precise input method (s pen).
No SD.
Less waterproofing.
No Gear VR.
No LED wallet case.
No Samsung Pay.
Display downgrade.

DANG, I'm going to miss the note 7! Supposedly the pixels will have a better camera and battery life. We will see.

Why didn't I go with the S7 Edge? The edges are too pronounced, lack of Grace UI and updated theme engine, will be leap frogged by the s8 soon enough to make buying new at this point a stretch in cognitive dissonance.

What I'm going to miss the most:
Gorgeous screen.
S pen.
Samsung Pay.
Hand-feel.
Aesthetics.
Gear Vr.
Wireless charging.

Wish I had never traded the N5 in. But if I'm forced to spend more money again, I've got to move forward. Too much time spent futzing with the N7 at this point.

Hopefully the Google-centric experience, inclusion of assistant, Android pay, and daydream are enough to satisfy. Not getting my hopes up.

Extremely let down by the second N7 recall.

No clue what to do with gear vr, wireless chargers, and led wallet case. Don't know if I can find the receipts for that stuff anymore.

Bummer.

Did anyone else spend a crap load of time deliberating between the two options?

LG V20 didn't even factor in. Have you seen the battery life, or lack thereof?

Just, ugh. For the whole situation.

bluegrizzlies1

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Much deliberation - went Pixel XL, barely. Ugh.

I feel the same way uhhh
Have w pixel xl on order not excited

Almost thinking iPhone 7 plus and jailbreak it.
I know I can sell the iPhone 7 plus for more money then a pixel xl

So I can buy a note 8

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

People are writing off the lgv20's battery life and the phone isn't even out and people only have their hands on pre-production units...

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

You can still use the vr... just use it with the cardboard app... I been messing around with mine on the n7 since they disabled oculus. No, it's not as seamless as oculus, bit but its useable

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Even if the V20 did have semi poor battery life, it would take seconds to swap to a spare battery. So those concerned about battery life and not around a charging source, you actually get longer batt life depending on how many spare v20 batts you have.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site

I'm gonna go back to my Note 4. There is no flagship smartphone on the market right now that compares to the Note7 imho.

By going back to the Note 4 I still have an sPen and Gear VR. I installed a Note7 rom on it as well so now I have the best of both worlds, kinda.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Going back to Note 4. New extended battery should be in tomorrow. The V20 at essentially the same price as the Note 7 to me is comparatively nuts. $650 and then maybe.

iPhone..... Not seeing how actual Android users could do this. Voluntary captivity ;)

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Even if the V20 did have semi poor battery life, it would take seconds to swap to a spare battery. So those concerned about battery life and not around a charging source, you actually get longer batt life depending on how many spare v20 batts you have.
Not to mention quick charge 3.0 to get you 80% in 30 mins which is faster then the note 7's quick charge 2.0....

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

You sure it's 80% in 30 mins? I know it's suppose to be fast, but that will be incredibly quick if true.
That's what's their advertising.....Heard the same numbers in multiple pre-reviews on YouTube..Quick charge 3.0 is 38% faster then Quick charge 2.0

g2manhou

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I, like most of us, am really upset about having to give up my awesome and perfectly running replacement note 7 which I just got up and running 3 days ago. I waited for the replacement for almost 4 weeks and then 3 days after I get it this is the bs that happens. Which by the way why are we having to give up all our phones when the direct cause of the 4 or 5 replacement phones buring isn't known yet? I'd really like someone to make me understand that one.

Anyway, so again like alot of people here, I'm not happy with the choices available right now. I would get an S7edge if samsung would put a nice discount on it for us Note 7 owners and then use that until the s8edge/note 7 comes out and stay with samsung since I have been a loyal customer. If they don't I'm very seriously considering getting an Iphone 7plus. I have never wanted nor considered an Iphone for myself since my kids love em but my wife and I always stuck with the Note series. Thing is I'm pretty pissed off at samsung over this nonsense and time/money wasted. Not to mention I really really love my Note 7 and don't want to give it up but if I have to and samsung doesn't have my back in any way to keep my loyalty then I think I'm out.

I've been watching youtube reviews for the Iphone 7plus all day and it's a nice device as well. Not as nice as a Note 7 but still nice and dam fast and with long battery life and everything is smooth as silk and just works and works well. So ya I'm not happy and I wanted to get some opinions. You guys think it's wrong of me to expect samsung to offer us something toward a replacement samsung device. Hell I would even take a 200-300 discount off next years note 8 and pay full price for the s7 edge now but to pay full price and get nothing in return feels like a slap in the face for something I don't really want. Opinions?

With you 100%.

I'm actually contemplating keeping my Note 7. A few phones out of millions burning...I like my chances.

I'm being honest here, my Note 7 doesn't even get hot, and I use it HEAVILY. I really want to know why the replacements are burning up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meip