T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Steelnation36

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Really...now that was uneventful.

Not only uneventful but it's only for the new tmobile one family plans. Tmobile is irritating me. We have been customers over a decade on the old family plan. They give no rewards for being long time customers. New customers are rewarded while old loyal customers are ignored.

macfan406

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
One thing is clear... T-Mobile made a mess of things this time around and has a lot of work to do so our friends on the other side don't have to deal with the same mess in a couple weeks.

Steelnation36

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Some people who got overnight shipping still don't have updates. So basically it makes no difference if you order on the first night or select overnight shipping or standard shipping. It's totally random.

Oh wow didn't realize people with overnight still arnt getting updates. Ok they have the right to be more upset than me!

I mean it's a phone, I'll survive. Just used to tmobile being on top of shipping their pre orders. And they havnt been on my good side the past couple months as it is

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Not only uneventful but it's only for the new tmobile one family plans. Tmobile is irritating me. We have been customers over a decade on the old family plan. They give no rewards for being long time customers. New customers are rewarded while old loyal customers are ignored.
That's how business works these days. Loyalty is no longer rewarded. Believe me, I've worked for two out of the four carriers and have had service with all of them and it's not important to keep old customers on old plans.

Steelnation36

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Been contemplating switching but I doubt I'll get any better with AT&T and Verizon prices are just so much more than I'm paying. And again doubt customer service is gonna be much better if at all

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
The sad part with this whole shipping issue I have with TMO is the inability to just be honest. Say it's on a hold because we ship X, Y, AND Z first. I'm two clicks away from ordering through Verizon and having the phone sooner than I would have the pre-order from TMO. Kinda sad, don't you think?

313det

Sep 1, 2017
Visit site
Well I talked to ups again and they told me due to the high volume of packages its possible that packages did not get scan when loading on the truck and to keep checking for updates.they told me if I don't receive it by Fri. To call them so they can investigate.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just picked mine up!

Ordered the morning after pre orders went live. It shipped last night, and I had it held at the UPS hub that just under 5 miles from my house.

Steelnation36

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
My tracking still says estimated deliver 9/5. So the system clearly hasn't updated my tracking at all so I wouldn't be surprised if things may be moving without updates.

Steelnation36

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm just anxious cause I leave Friday afternoon for 5 days to goto a wedding for my brother in law. So I'd definitely like to be able to take advantage of that new camera!

dev-slash-null

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Wifes' Note 8 out for delivery, despite a late inbound flight (which flagged on the UPS shipping as an exception stating that it was rescheduled for tomorrow instead). Turns out UPS resolved as it was sitting at my airport. Estimated delivery is between 11:00 and 15:00 (3pm).

The next interesting part: My BOGO pre-order, which I ordered on Mon Aug 4 at 1pm has a departure scan from Louisville at 00:46 (12:46 am) with a scheduled delivery of tomorrow and estimated delivery time between 11:00 and 15:00 (3pm). Interestingly, the weight is 1.60 lbs instead of 1.20 lbs. Around 09:30 this morning my additional line for BOGO was finished being provisioned by TMO and now shows a phone number.

I do not expect either phone to show up within the estimated delivery window times however since it is residential and instead my expectation is by end of day.