(Update) Any former Canadian Note 7 owners waiting?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else in canada that had a note 7 holding out before getting the note 8 to see if Samsung actually comes through with anything?

Since the day of the announcement of this phone, Samsung canada has been all over their social media pages saying that something will be coming for former note 7 owners "very soon"

That was 3 weeks ago and they continued saying it almost daily up until this week, they have been pretty quiet responding to anyone asking about it.

I have a pre order on a note 8 but I don't think I'm going to go pick it up if Samsung is going to dangle a carrot like that and then just leave us hanging for nearly a month.

My note 7 recall was a disaster, 2 weeks of nobody knowing where to return it, nobody wanting to accept the return, then they try to fedex me a new one which I refused at the door. For MONTHS after, Samsung called me daily to ask me to return my phone, which I did, with proof AND tracking from FedEx to show it was refused and made it back to them. No matter how many times I told them and asked to speak to managers, they keep calling

After all that bs? Damn right I want them to come through with something

Last edited:

jwtdavis

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: Any former Canadian Note 7 owners waiting?

My experience is exactly the same as yours. My pre-order Note 8 is waiting for me at Best Buy. I refuse to buy until I know there's an incentive for previous Note 7 owners.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

My experience is exactly the same as yours. My pre-order Note 8 is waiting for me at Best Buy. I refuse to buy until I know there's an incentive for previous Note 7 owners.

I know some people said they were promised by Samsung they will still get the promotional deal after the fact if they did get it today. But we don't even know what it is! Could be a $10 credit for all we know. I don't like the fact they are dragging their feet this long

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Well between Samsung not living up to their commitment to the Canadian note 7 owners and apparently rogers quietly changing their phone subsiding policy, I end up walking out without my note 8 today.

Went to pick up my pre order at Costco, still pissed that Samsung hasn't said what they are offering me as a note 7 owner, I bit the bullet and hoped they would still honour it after the fact. Just as I finished signing the new contract, the guy informs me I owe the $550 right now in store instead of having it added to my next months bill. I been there for close to an hour now between waiting in line and having to iron out some contract details. Needless to say I was pretty pissed, I wasn't walking in there today expecting to dish out over $600 after taxes! I still needed to sell my 6s Plus to put towards the upfront costs of the phone, having three kids means I need to plan out these larger purchases.

Between rogers and Samsung apparently not wanting to put their customers first, I guess they won't be getting my business today, and right now not too sure they will in the future either

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Quick update, after a bit of time on the phone with rogers about this new policy change that blindsided me at Costco, they gave me a nice credit of $235 on my bill.

So I called Costco back and they have a phone put aside for me to come pick up this weekend. Had to wait an extra week but atleast I'm saving a couple hundred bucks! Hopefully Samsung will still pull through for their promo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress