Bluetooth Issues after 5.0.2

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, but who knows what will happen when Samsung rolls out the bluetooth fix to those in the US that have the Korean version installed? That's a big unknown so I will hold off for a while longer before installing the Korean version.
Then flash back the newest US version.
I have no problem from changing Lollipop 5.02 US version OF4 to Korean version OG6, then to KitKat 4.4.2 NK1, and again back to Korean version OG6, just for curiosity and show to others that no big deal to change official firmware, a fact most people don't know: all Wifi Note Pro tablets are the same regardless where they're sold, the one in Europe, US, or Korea, are the same identical tablets. I have no problem of using a mainboard of Galaxy Tab Pro in a Galaxy Note Pro, just swapping mainboard and it works normally except S Pen because this mainboard doesn't have a connection for S Pen cable. Two different models but most parts are identical.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...tooth-issues-after-5-0-2-a-9.html#post4595875

Using official firmware, there is no problem with Odin as well as warranty. I switched different firm-wares just in 1 hour as each took only around 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Polotis

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I confirm what Beut has posted. I was really scared and nervous to update the tablet, but my wife really needs that keyboard to be operational. So I read the posts on the how and tried to add some additional explanation and clarifications based on my own first experience doing this. And as this is an official firmware this gave me the impetus to actually try this.
The main concerns are the USB drivers for the device interaction with the PC. Once the tablet is put into download mode the PC initiates the reboot and that part scared me the most -- doing a fresh backup using Kies3 assures that the drivers are functional, then it's a matter of knowing which USB port on your computer is the best one. (And even that last bit there may only be peculiar to our machine.)
But in the end it's a need thing and if you can wait, well, why not -- it's a bit of hassle and stress one could well do without. ;)

Last edited:

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
genkibrady (I hope I got your name correct), I followed your steps and it went just as you described. I got worried when the COM number took about 7 minutes to show up. After the flash, reboot, and reset, all is back to working as I need it to work. I'm SO very happy to have my BT-105 pedals working again! I very much want Samsung to get busy with 5.0.3 (or whatever they call it)...

I GOTTA ASK: Out of curiosity, is there a US version of the image file? I'm not anti-British (by ANY means - just look at my Doctor Who collection!), but the spelling differences..."Personalised" versus "Personalized", et al. Anyone?

Last edited:

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Encelle111 - it depends... If you're here because you upgraded to 5.0.2 Lollipop and lost connectivity to your bluetooth keyboard (or other device), you have a choice. You can wait for Samsung to release a patch to the OS (5.0.3, 5.1.1, or whatever they call it). OR...you can follow steps that genkibrady posted to get back to 4.4.x. In his steps, you have instructions on how to save your data. While the standard warning applies (that is: YMMV), I can tell you that I followed his steps and had no problems. Frankly, I'm losing faith that Samsung will release something any time soon, and I need my Note 12.2 working now.

Best of luck to you!

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I should mention (clarify) that the instructions will take you to a site where you can download the UK version of the OS image. Aside from the spelling differences between Brits and Yanks, it appears to work just fine.

Also, the instructions tell you to download "Odin", but they don't say what version to go get. What he describes is the interface in Odin 3.09. In v3.10, there is no way (that I saw) to check options as required. There may have been a menu somewhere, but I didn't see it and I didn't spend a lot of time looking...so I downloaded 3.09 and found what he described in plain sight in that version.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
do you need to reset your tablet? I hate to lose all my settings/stuff.

No need to reset if you want to reserve apps and settings.
Turn to download mode and flash the new firmware, nothing else need to do before that. You're done in 4 minutes and your keyboard is ready to use after booting up and turns on bluetooth.

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Is the 'download mode' in Odin or in one of the screens as you go through the set-up process on the device? I didn't see it...but then again, I wasn't looking for it.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Download Mode: Power+ Volume Down ( next to Power button ), then Volume Up
Recovery Mode : Power+ Volume Up
No need to combine with Home button as other models.

I wonder why many do a Reset after or before upgrade firmware as it's not necessary.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Also, the instructions tell you to download "Odin", but they don't say what version to go get. What he describes is the interface in Odin 3.09. In v3.10, there is no way (that I saw) to check options as required. There may have been a menu somewhere, but I didn't see it and I didn't spend a lot of time looking...so I downloaded 3.09 and found what he described in plain sight in that version.
When Odin is loading files, you cannot do anything. But after it's done, you can check any option.

b7ysqwxhl814yux6g.jpg

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why many do a Reset after or before upgrade firmware as it's not necessary.

I agree that a reset before a firmware load doesn't make any sense to me. In the case of why they do it after a firmware load, I can only speak to my case. It wasn't just me tinkering. I let the tablet sit for 10 minutes on the Samsung logo screen before I forced the power off. When I powered down, it went into a reboot loop. I caught it during the loop with the Power + Menu + VolUp (as described in the instruction set), and the only option that made sense to me was the reset. Since loaded the desired OS prior to the boot loop, it seemed likely that THAT would be the OS I was "resetting".

Now, if I could just find a US version! :)

Last edited:

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
As a previous owner of 30-40 plus tablets, including all ipad models, most Transformer models, all Note models, all Surface Pro models, and a slew of various Windows 8 tablets I can verify that it has usually saved and fixed a lot of issues for owners to do a factory restory after performing an OS update; especially a major one like Windows 8 to 10, IOS 7 to 8, or Android 4 to 5. This is not just MHO this can be found in forum after forum. Unless I've just lost touch with reality.

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Unless I've just lost touch with reality.

<humor>Well... I don't know you, so I'm left taking your word for that... ;) </humor>

Seriously, yes, I agree and for all the reasons you named. My "upgrade" experiences with every OS have been universally poor, requiring me to W&R (wipe & reinstall) to get proper functionality. [Though I have to say that my Win7 to Win10 upgrade went the best of any I have EVER done, it still left me with malfunctioning sound, and no amount of driver updating ever solved the problem. I wound up wiping and installing clean to get sound working...

I know that some people have upgraded and never had a single problem afterwards, but I'm not that guy.

Last edited:

Wise Joy

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I swear I would love to try to do the Korean version(someone just convinced me) but this is my only computer.. I don't have a PC.. can you do this without a PC... btw Samsung totally hung up the phone on me last week.. So I believe I reached the "I am never buying any new Samsung gadget anymore" stage

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you do this without a PC...

I'm sure that other, wiser people here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. You need something to hold the image and run the application to load it to your tablet... If there is a way to do it without a PC, I'm sure it would require rooting the device. If you're up for the challenge, and if you don't care about voiding the warranty, then that might be a solution for you. It's either that or find a friend with a PC you can use for a little while.

As for the support team hanging up - I've done support, and I know that is the LAST thing a tech is supposed to do. In your place, I'd call back and when I got to the first tier support person, I'd give them my support case number and immediately ask them to transfer me to a supervisor to discuss why I was hung up on. But, that's me. :)

Good luck!

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
One other thing about this process...and this could be a deal-breaker for some people.

INSTALLING A NON-US OS WILL PUT YOUR DEVICE ONTO THE UPGRADE PATH FOR THAT COUNTRY/REGION'S OS!!!

In plain language: installing the UK OS means that you will not get new updates to the OS or the Samsung-specific apps until they are released for the UK and which target the OS you have installed.

For what it's worth, I discovered this by using the 20-something step process to install 4.4.2 for the UK. I went into the Settings section, General, and About Device. Under "Software Update", I clicked the "Update" line to see if 5.0.2 would show up. It didn't. I got a message back saying, "The latest updates have already been installed."

So, it appears that sending the unit back to Samsung for THEM to reload the OS is perhaps the better option, if you have time to wait.

Unless someone has information to correct me...? Is there ANY US OS out there that can be installed to get the device back into the US release path? Or did I miss something critical in installing the OS??

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Unless someone has information to correct me...? Is there ANY US OS out there that can be installed to get the device back into the US release path? Or did I miss something critical in installing the OS??
Sure you can, flash back the US Kitkat 4.4.2 NK1, then hold, uncheck the Auto Update. When they release the newest Lollipop that works with Bluetooth Keyboard, then you can turn on the Auto Update to get the latest firmware.
Before the Lollipop 5.02 OF4, everyone was running Kitkat 4.4.2 NK1.

mer67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I see 5 instances of "NK1" at the sammobile site:

2014-12-01 Mexico (Telcel) 4.4.2 P900UBUANK1 P900UVSANK1
2014-12-01 Uruguay 4.4.2 P900UBUANK1 P900UVSANK1
2014-12-01 Peru 4.4.2 P900UBUANK1 P900UVSANK1
2014-12-01 Panama 4.4.2 P900UBUANK1 P900UVSANK1
2014-11-01 Cellular south 4.4.2 P900UEU1BNK1 P900XAR1BNK1

Does it matter which one I use, or is there a different site I should go to in order to find the NK1 you are referring to?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non