Samsung trade in

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The directions say not to use a fed ex drop box to send the trade in back. I live in a remote area that does not have a fed ex onsite, we just have a drop box, I use it all the time to ship back to Verizon.

Question, has anyone used a drop box before? I don't see why it would matter.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I think it is because there is no proof you shipped it in drop box. You could just say you did and they lost it. If you give to live person and they scan it, they know you shipped. It protects you as well. I would contact then and ask before shipping.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There's one half hour away, earliest I could get there is Sunday. The box could be heading their way tomorrow thru the drop box and delivered Monday instead of just leaving Monday.

I was just curious if anyone has used the drop box is all.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Dropped mine in a box on my way home from work today. I'm in the same situation as you. No close access to a retail location. Fingers crossed it makes it.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Dropped mine in a box on my way home from work today. I'm in the same situation as you. No close access to a retail location. Fingers crossed it makes it.

Yeah, think that is the only risk. If it gets lost this way you are hosed. With person giving receipt you are probably safe. Good luck. I would check fedex site tomorrow and as long as they show they picked up you should be safe.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
take a video of you putting it in the box.
That probably would be no good for Samsung. It says right in the trade in email not to use a drop box, use an onsite center.

I'll put it in the fed ex box. I've sent countless phones to Verizon using it and never had an issue. They want the phone by the 25th, I really don't have time to wait to get it to a center Sunday and it won't leave the area till Monday night.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you just sent back your old phone wrapped well? In it's original box?
If you have the original box yes just send it in original box, make sure you tape it so that the box doesn't open off by itself and also lots of bubble wrap and cushion inside the shipping box so that it doesn't move around.