S10e and Micro scratches on screen?

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
While I was putting on my new phone case, and cleaning my screen with a soft cloth, I took a magnifying glass to make sure if all the dust was wiped off and at the top edge of the screen there is a "hair-line" scratch or micro scratch. It is barely visible to the naked eye when using the phone normally. Really not sure if it is a scratch or not and its even hard for me to take a photo of it. Its very small. Looks like a piece of hair. I tried to rub the area with the soft cloth but it is still there.

I always handle my phones with great care and never had banged them around.
What can cause these micro scratches to appear?

May be you can try to see them on your phone as well by turning off the screen and holding it at an angle against a light. You'll never see them just using your phone normally, but they are there.

I also removed the Samsung screen protector when I first got the S10e.
Have the phone for about 2 months now.

Last edited:

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I removed the screen protector right after I unboxed the phone.

Don’t know for sure if it’s a scratch but it's not visible at all unless I look at it with a magnifying glass.

Wanted to post a photo of it, but it’s too small to do it and it has to be at a certain angle.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I removed the screen protector right after I unboxed the phone.

Don’t know for sure if it’s a scratch but it's not visible at all unless I look at it with a magnifying glass.

Wanted to post a photo of it, but it’s too small to do it and it has to be at a certain angle.

I think it's about what you can live with. I myself am pretty anal about installing screen protectors but as soon as I see a small scratch on it from day-to-day use, I usually ease up a bit. Maybe now that you have a small, barely-noticeable scratch on your phone, you may be able to relax about it.

Or you can see about returning it and exchanging it for another model! It's totally up to you! Let us know what you decide.

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried my best to take an up close shot of the "thing" or scratch from my other phone.
Hopefully its focused enough to see it within the red frame.

Even when the screen is reflected off from a light source without any focus, it is really hardly noticed with the naked eye.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    399.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried my best to take an up close shot of the "thing" or scratch from my other phone.
Hopefully its focused enough to see it within the red frame.

Even when the screen is reflected off from a light source without any focus, it is really hardly noticed with the naked eye.

I think I only see it because I know it's within the red frame. If you can't see it, and are not concerned, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. :)

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess my question is if you are going to stress over what you describe as a hard to see extremely fine scratch on the screen, why did you immediately take off the factory screen protector when you got the phone?

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I guess my question is if you are going to stress over what you describe as a hard to see extremely fine scratch on the screen, why did you immediately take off the factory screen protector when you got the phone?

It barely qualifies as a screen protector...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress