Help needed please - Phone app not showing "missed call" notifications on lockscreen and AOD

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help needed please - Phone app not showing "missed call" notifications on lockscreen and AOD

I have a locked Sprint/TMobile S21 5G and I do have the Contact Us link

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Help needed please - Phone app not showing "missed call" notifications on lockscreen and AOD

I have .43 and still have this problem :(

That's worrying. I'm still on .41, but May update should be coming soon I would think, which should update the Phone app too hopefully. Will report back when I can.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site

This is strange, i opened another thread about this issue. I am on 12.1.10.43 on Canada Unlocked S21ULTRA. I do still see this happening. I have reported this to Samsung via phone app - three dots - Contact us. It sends the logs. It seems inconsistent, i thought, but as per the OP, it exactly happens if the phone is idle for a bit.
Hope Samsung fixes it.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site

This is strange, i opened another thread about this issue. I am on 12.1.10.43 on Canada Unlocked S21ULTRA. I do still see this happening. I have reported this to Samsung via phone app - three dots - Contact us. It sends the logs. It seems inconsistent, i thought, but as per the OP, it exactly happens if the phone is idle for a bit.
Hope Samsung fixes it.

Thanks for the post. So it does make me wonder if the user (@bhatech) who reported being on version .43 and that the issue is fixed didn't actually test this out properly when he thought it was fixed (he doesn't actually use the default Phone app, and only tested it because I asked nicely!).

The key thing is that the phone needs to be idle for a bit - basically if the phone is idle for >60 seconds (it may be slightly less), you will be able to reproduce this. If it's not idle for long enough (<10-20 seconds), then the issue doesn't appear.

As I said, I reproduced it following a factory reset and in safe mode, which means this should be a universal bug for the S21 (Ultra) series. I think not many people have reported it because they haven't noticed it (they don't rely on AOD or lockscreen notifications), they haven't received missed calls following an idle period, they haven't received missed calls full stop, or they use a different app for phone calls (eg. Google).

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site

No, see it is still there. Not sure how to get that fixed :(

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site

No fix yet :( I did put this post in Samsung members as well, but not sure how to bring it to Samsung's notice.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm noticing that my missed call notification will show up sometimes about an hour or so after receiving the call.

eBay & PayPal notifications, fuggedaboutit :-\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm noticing that my missed call notification will show up sometimes about an hour or so after receiving the call.

What about in safe mode ?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site

To be honest, I think this is a separate issue to my original post.

As I keep repeating, it's a very specific issue, and the steps to reproduce it are given quite clearly I hope.

I haven't actually seen anyone say convincingly that they don't have this specific issue too.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site

To be honest, I think this is a separate issue to my original post.

As I keep repeating, it's a very specific issue, and the steps to reproduce it are given quite clearly I hope.

I haven't actually seen anyone say convincingly that they don't have this specific issue too.
Its happening to me same as you described in your post. Am I missing something?

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site

Its happening to me same as you described in your post. Am I missing something?

I was responding to "felloffthetruck" above. I think his issue is different.

Yes, you are one of many who have managed to reproduce the issue described in the OP.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site

I was responding to "felloffthetruck" above. I think his issue is different.

Yes, you are one of many who have managed to reproduce the issue described in the OP.
I have reported to Samsung Members. The mods there are as useful as the Samsung Support is. What do you think we should do to bring it to the attention of Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have reported to Samsung Members. The mods there are as useful as the Samsung Support is. What do you think we should do to bring it to the attention of Samsung.
That bad the Mods there lol

May 12, 2021
Visit site

Today I received the Security Patch Level 01 May 2021 on my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. The phone app has been updated from the previous version 12.1.10.41 to 12.1.20.9. With this update the "Missed Call Notification Issue" has been fully resolved. Now if I keep my phone unused for even 15 minutes and then make a call to my phone from another phone but do not answer the incoming call so as to simulate a "Missed Call" the Notification Icon immediately shows up on the lock screen

Previously if my phone would get a call say after 2 minutes of non-use and the call remained unanswered the "Missed Call Notification" would not show up

Hope this helps

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site

Today I received the Security Patch Level 01 May 2021 on my Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. The phone app has been updated from the previous version 12.1.10.41 to 12.1.20.9. With this update the "Missed Call Notification Issue" has been fully resolved. Now if I keep my phone unused for even 15 minutes and then make a call to my phone from another phone but do not answer the incoming call so as to simulate a "Missed Call" the Notification Icon immediately shows up on the lock screen

Previously if my phone would get a call say after 2 minutes of non-use and the call remained unanswered the "Missed Call Notification" would not show up

Hope this helps

Appreciate your post and information - good to hear! I'm still waiting for the May update, but this gives me some hope!

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site

Hope this helps
Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing. I should be getting may update next week (May 18/19).