So what DON'T you like about the GS3?

Dreissig

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't like some of the defaults that reset. For example, contact log not saving to only calls and gallery defaulting to show google+ albumes after galleries is shut

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Other than it not telling me I have text messages, the phone is great. It's Samsung Kies that is driving me up a wall. It is an older version bc I'm using a Mac w/ 10.8, so the newer version won't install. Anyway, I plug it in & it says "connecting", but never connects. Nice, huh?

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What i don't like is I've been wrongedwith the lack of Gorilla glass.

It took a ridiculously small fall, 2 feet maybe.. fell out of my hand when i was putting it on the charger/nightstand... CRACK.

*&#(*&_$)(*#$)(*)(*#$

Argh:-!

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My s3 stutters and re-draws the home screen when pressing the home key. It's getting worse although it did slightly improve using adw launcher but now even the app drawer re-draws so I have to wait before choosing an app. Irritating now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S3 and I agree that the AMOLED screen IS hard to see outdoors. I had it at an outdoor party for the first time yesterday and when I got a call I couldn't tell who was calling and I was in the shade. I don't think you can say this screen is easy to see outdoors, can you? I also think the stock email app leaves lots to be desired so I installed Aquamail which seems to be much better, though the set up etc isn't done very well. Regardless, I LOVE how fast the phone is and the premium feel of the build, not to mention being able to get data at LTE speeds, Google maps, etc..

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S3 and I agree that the AMOLED screen IS hard to see outdoors. I had it at an outdoor party for the first time yesterday and when I got a call I couldn't tell who was calling and I was in the shade. I don't think you can say this screen is easy to see outdoors, can you? I also think the stock email app leaves lots to be desired so I installed Aquamail which seems to be much better, though the set up etc isn't done very well. Regardless, I LOVE how fast the phone is and the premium feel of the build, not to mention being able to get data at LTE speeds, Google maps, etc..

WOW FINALLY BRO lol congrats on finally getting rid of that icrap ;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've read it many times over but I agree.. This doesn't seem like gorilla glass 2...2 very small scratches and I haven't dropped it or anything.. That's horrible..

Folders should be natively like ICS.. I'm sure it's for legal issues with apple...

Native music player sucks!!!

I Miss my Moto radios.. Sooooo strong...
And android Central app always crashes and freezes my phone for 1min then reboots touch wiz.. (not the phone)

My Nexus screen seems to be a bit brighter and more true in color(unless that's some how due to JB)

With that said it's been my favorite phone well for the time in which it came out... It's this or the OG dinc... I love it and will have it until the GS4

Sent from my GS3....

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
IBOLT car dock solves the bluetooth/audio issue, and more specifically, the cord that comes with it. It's a usb cord that also plugs into the aux port.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I looked at the ibolt but it doesn't really solve the problem. The lack of usb media connection means no display of song and artist on stereo display and no use of steering wheel audio controls.

I did end up buying a BT device called tunelink. You can stream BT audio to it and it plugs into the aux port in the car. I can be connected to my headset and the tunelink at the same time and it works fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jeffgoodmanjr

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem with the screenshot feature. Mainly when I'm capturing a text message and trying to send it to someone or share it. Its very blurry and people cannot make out the text. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix?!?!?!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem with the screenshot feature. Mainly when I'm capturing a text message and trying to send it to someone or share it. Its very blurry and people cannot make out the text. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix?!?!?!

thats a strange one mate. ive never had any problems. they turn out identical to how it was on the screen

kathygibson

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
This is my second SIII in less than 3 weeks. It keeps bringing in old emails that I have deleted from several days ago and several weeks. When it does this, it also deletes some of the emails that I have not deleted. This occurs randomly and no more than once a day. Both phones have done exactly the same thing. I get my work through email so this is serious. It is a shame because I love everything else about the phone. Have gone through tech support both my carrier and Samsung. Anyone having this problem or know a fix?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This is my second SIII in less than 3 weeks. It keeps bringing in old emails that I have deleted from several days ago and several weeks. When it does this, it also deletes some of the emails that I have not deleted. This occurs randomly and no more than once a day. Both phones have done exactly the same thing. I get my work through email so this is serious. It is a shame because I love everything else about the phone. Have gone through tech support both my carrier and Samsung. Anyone having this problem or know a fix?

theres a thread on here. think its titled "(poll) what email app do you use" or something. i dont use email for anything serious but if u read through that thread or ask your question on there, you'l probably get some good advice. if youre using the email app that came on the s3 then theres loads of alternatives so check it out

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I really don't care for the mechanical home button; I think a capacitive button would look better and last longer.

I really don't like how the power button is directly opposite the volume button.

TouchWiz sucks -- give me vanilla ICS and make bloat actually removable, not just disable it. And Verizon needs to unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I hate that I love this phone more and more every day. It is really annoying to wake up and find it better and better with each full cycle of use. Pisses me off really, how in the hell can a android device be so divine? :mad:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I hate that I love this phone more and more every day. It is really annoying to wake up and find it better and better with each full cycle of use. Pisses me off really, how in the hell can a android device be so divine? :mad:

I know exactly how you feel! :D

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
My year old Bionic had better call reception. Never dropped one call on the Bionic. On this sgs3 every other call gets dropped at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I too had issues with this and on recommendation of my carrier, I exchanged the phone. Now I haven't dropped a single call.

Can't use the camera at weddings, in church and other events that require silence because you can't turn off the Camera sound.

For me, I just haven't been able to catch clear nice shots... yes my lense is clean...

Umm..
I don't like how it turns every MMS Into a 10 sec slideshow
I don't like how it asks you to crop out a picture when you want to set it as a wallpaper. But I guess I was too used to the iPhone way.
I hate the stock keyboard but the jellybean keyboard worked for me I find it better than the iPhone

Other than that phone works amazing :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Yeah that slideshow thing is wierd, when you go to send a pic!! very wierd.

I wish that the RED LED notification light from social media wasn't red, or that it flashed like normal notifications, the solid red freaks me out. I have disabled it on one app and now stay logged out of facebook.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So everyone is aware, thread has been cleaned and some posts removed.

Your welcome to continue the discussion but try and leave the personal insults out of the discussion.

Thank you,
Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I really don't care for the mechanical home button; I think a capacitive button would look better and last longer.

I really don't like how the power button is directly opposite the volume button.

TouchWiz sucks -- give me vanilla ICS and make bloat actually removable, not just disable it. And Verizon needs to unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

No personal attack here... Honestly I respect everyone.. But why did you buy it.... Lmao.. sounds like everything you don't like was seen or known before ya got it... Physically and software.. Touch Wiz.. Vzw locked... The nexus was sitting next to it in the store dogg... Lol

I have the nexus too and honestly I think that's what you want by reading this... My love for the nexus wit JB is the same

Sent from my GS3....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress