Random app

graciemarie14

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a random app on my phone that I did not download and want to get rid of. I tried going to settings and uninstall but it doesn't show up on my list. The app is name free android apps and when you open it, it goes to a web page. I thought it may have come with a couple of new apps I installed, so I uninstalled them, but still no luck. Does anyone know a way to locate and uninstall?

TannerRG

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a random app on my phone that I did not download and want to get rid of. I tried going to settings and uninstall but it doesn't show up on my list. The app is name free android apps and when you open it, it goes to a web page. I thought it may have come with a couple of new apps I installed, so I uninstalled them, but still no luck. Does anyone know a way to locate and uninstall?

You can always reset the phone if all else fails.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Kind of sounds like a shortcut, if it's in your app list hit the menu button then uninstall. If it's on the desktop just hold your finger on it for a few seconds then drag it to the trash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like maybe you downloaded an app that will show ads in your notification bar, and add icons to your desktop. Just drag and drop it to trash. And then download Lookout Ad Detector and it will show you if you have any apps that do that. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like maybe you downloaded an app that will show ads in your notification bar, and add icons to your desktop. Just drag and drop it to trash. And then download Lookout Ad Detector and it will show you if you have any apps that do that. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

+1 or Appbrain Ad Detector is good. it checks everythin u download and notifies you of threats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress