I have a random app on my phone that I did not download and want to get rid of. I tried going to settings and uninstall but it doesn't show up on my list. The app is name free android apps and when you open it, it goes to a web page. I thought it may have come with a couple of new apps I installed, so I uninstalled them, but still no luck. Does anyone know a way to locate and uninstall?
    08-29-2012 09:07 AM
    I have a random app on my phone that I did not download and want to get rid of. I tried going to settings and uninstall but it doesn't show up on my list. The app is name free android apps and when you open it, it goes to a web page. I thought it may have come with a couple of new apps I installed, so I uninstalled them, but still no luck. Does anyone know a way to locate and uninstall?
    You can always reset the phone if all else fails.
    08-29-2012 09:09 AM
    If I reset the phone will I lose my adobe flash app?
    08-29-2012 09:21 AM
    Kind of sounds like a shortcut, if it's in your app list hit the menu button then uninstall. If it's on the desktop just hold your finger on it for a few seconds then drag it to the trash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    08-29-2012 09:38 AM
    If I reset the phone will I lose my adobe flash app?
    Your phone will reset to look as it did the day you bought it, but you can easily reinstall all your apps.
    08-29-2012 10:44 AM
    Your phone will reset to look as it did the day you bought it, but you can easily reinstall all your apps.
    Just login to PlayStore and it'll pull up all the apps you've downloaded and purchased in the past.
    08-29-2012 10:44 AM
    factory reset is the last option mate. is it in the widget list?
    TannerRG likes this.
    08-29-2012 11:04 AM
    It sounds like maybe you downloaded an app that will show ads in your notification bar, and add icons to your desktop. Just drag and drop it to trash. And then download Lookout Ad Detector and it will show you if you have any apps that do that. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    08-29-2012 11:44 AM
    factory reset is the last option mate. is it in the widget list?
    I know. Just saying its always an option lol.
    08-29-2012 12:04 PM
    Happened to me. The culprit was a super nintendo emulator. It would just create app shortcuts on my phone.
    08-29-2012 03:59 PM
    It sounds like maybe you downloaded an app that will show ads in your notification bar, and add icons to your desktop. Just drag and drop it to trash. And then download Lookout Ad Detector and it will show you if you have any apps that do that. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    +1 or Appbrain Ad Detector is good. it checks everythin u download and notifies you of threats
    08-30-2012 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD