Samsung Galaxy S3- Is my charging port broken?

A

AC Question

For the last few days I've been having lots of difficulty trying to keep my Galaxy S3 charged. The charging symbol will be on, but the battery percentage will still go down. I plugged it in last night at 60% and this morning it was down to 51%. I bought a new charger thinking it would help, but it didn't fix the problem. I noticed the charging port seems loose when I wiggle the charging cord around, is that the problem? Also this morning it turned off completely on its own and then back on again, but I don't know if that's relevant to the problem or not. I've had this phone for about 8 months and never had any problems like this before, can someone please help??

ummaair

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I had the similar issue previous month. Thought this phone is gonna die now. Before upgrading to some newer model, I wanted to give it a last try. Here is what I did:

The connector port seemed to be bit loose. I placed a very small piece of paper under the port and made it stiffer by pushing it through a sharp screw driver. After that, the port was not loose anymore and phone is now charging really fast (i.e. from o to 100% in 2.5 hours)

You might want to try that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38