[How To] Root Galaxy S4

armyphil88m

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
this is prob a dumb ? but I just deleted my photo file by accident on my s4 and was told to root and use disk digger to retrieve my over 600 pix I have some pix from iraq in that file id like to retrieve that I dont have copies of is this correct and can someone help me

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
this is prob a dumb ? but I just deleted my photo file by accident on my s4 and was told to root and use disk digger to retrieve my over 600 pix I have some pix from iraq in that file id like to retrieve that I dont have copies of is this correct and can someone help me

This is a merky subject I never used disk digger but from the most part next time just back them up to Google drive or drop box especially anything digital

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Jayy69

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Need help read everything g done it all correctly and when it gets to daemon not running the. It starts running and there's no further progress what do I do

Posted via Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Need help read everything g done it all correctly and when it gets to daemon not running the. It starts running and there's no further progress what do I do

Posted via Android Central App

It boils down to what firnware are you on?? If your on 4.4.2 you cant roit the other exploits wont work as it flashes a vustom kernal in order to root but as we have locked boot loaders thats not an option

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It boils down to what firmware are you on?? If your on 4.4.2 you cant roit the other exploits wont work as it flashes a vustom kernal in order to root but as we have locked boot loaders thats not an option
In order to help you I need you to do this go to settings> more> about phone and I need the model number and the android versionv the build number

Attachments

• 1395299516204.jpg
    1395299516204.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 26

troy2b

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Tom in this post you mentioned that it's possible to good back samsung stock. I've just tried to root my phone with cryanogenmod and it keeps crashing my phone. Can you tell me how to get the samsung stock mod back or another more stable mod to use? Thank you

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If tou have cyanogen mod your already rooted to get root access you need to activate it in security if your on verizon or at&t with 4.3 (mk2) or the new kit kat 4.4.2 there is no root method for at&t and verizon so cyanogen mod isnt possible as the boot loader is locked so that is why you need to tell us your model number your baseband so we can give the write advice WARNING FAILIAR TO FLASH THE WRITE ROOT PROCESS FOR YOUR FIRMWARE OR ROM IS ALMOST A GUARANTEED BRICK SO WE NEED THIS INFORMATION IF NOT MOST LIKELY YOU WILL BRICK IT AND WE WILL SAY 6OU WERE WARNED AND CALL YOU DUMB FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING ITS FIRMWARE SPECIFIC

techiswhat

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I am having an issue with my rooting. After it says "This may take a few minutes" it says "Failue / Cleaning up / Exploit complete. Press any key to reboot and exit." So I do so, the phone reboots. After successful reboot, I check for the Superuser. It opens with a message to update binary with two methods to update: "Recovery Install" or " Install". Both of them gives me an error message to contact developer. I update the software via Google Play. I check the app again and now it only has one method for updating, which is "Recovery Install". Same error if I choose it. I download SU Root checker and it says my phone is not rooted! Help please.
Phone Info:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)
Build # JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2
Baseband version I545VRUEMK2
Hardware version I545.07
Android version 4.3
Purchased a month ago.

Computer info:
Win 7 64-bit
Installed with correct and recent USB drivers.

Thanks!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am having an issue with my rooting. After it says "This may take a few minutes" it says "Failue / Cleaning up / Exploit complete. Press any key to reboot and exit." So I do so, the phone reboots. After successful reboot, I check for the Superuser. It opens with a message to update binary with two methods to update: "Recovery Install" or " Install". Both of them gives me an error message to contact developer. I update the software via Google Play. I check the app again and now it only has one method for updating, which is "Recovery Install". Same error if I choose it. I download SU Root checker and it says my phone is not rooted! Help please.
Phone Info:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)
Build # JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2
Baseband version I545VRUEMK2
Hardware version I545.07
Android version 4.3
Purchased a month ago.

Computer info:
Win 7 64-bit
Installed with correct and recent USB drivers.

Thanks!

Go to xda and use safe root what is happening is Knox isn't being disabled without disabling Knox no root l
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2565758
The op is really cool and helpful
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
How do you root Canadian SGH I337M running 4.4.2?

The only method I know of with kit kat trips the knox void flag there is no known knox flag aways I would see about it on xda see if you can get further information that's specific to your device

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there an update for the Android 4.3 yet?

4.4.3?? Kit kat or 4.3 jelly bean??? 4.4.3 kit kat isn't even out yet and we might not even get that update 4.3 jelly bean has been updated to 4.4.2 kit kat unless your on Verizon seems they haven't posted their update yet

Mr-Odd

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm really unhappy about Google's SD card "security feature" in Kitkat. I want to root my Verizon S4 running Kitkat and use the SDFix app. Can I do it yet?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Are we still waiting for a root method for Verizon KitKat?

Most likely it will be simular to at&t's method when we downgrade back to mk2 root use ss 3.71 then odin flash mdl boot loader flash the rom then uninstall SS 3.71 and install ss 3.72 which can mount kit kat Idk cdma is more restrictive than gsm so it might not come to pass

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77