What GPS uses data and do not use GPS satellite?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there any gps function/app that uses handphone data and do not require use of gps satellite?

I need it so that when I reach places that I cannot connect to gps satellite, I can use the handphone data plan for gps.

Thanks
S4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
In the location settings you enable location based on Mobile Network. It won't be accurate as GPS because it relies on mobile towers to triangulate your location.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
In the location settings you enable location based on Mobile Network. It won't be accurate as GPS because it relies on mobile towers to triangulate your location.

Where is the location settings that you mentioned? I cannot find it in my S4.

Does it mean that after you enable location based on Mobile Network, all the GPS function will use the location based on Mobile Network? Do I need to go to the app to change settings or whatever? For example if I am using Sygic app or Google maps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The setting should be with the GPS setting in the devices system settings. I don't have the S4 to tell you where exactly the setting is located. It should be: menu > system settings > location access

Let me know if you need further assistance, we're here to help.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to throw this over to the S4 forum so that you might get some quick help from another S4 owner. Not that srkmagnus's responses go unnoticed. ;)

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
i use NAVIGON with data off , and have no problems best gps app ever bit of money but thx to google search is free hahaha

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
settings>more>location services>Use wireless networks (check the box) and make sure "use GPS satellites" is unchecked.

Cheers

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If I have ticked the "use GPS satellites" the phone will use GPS satellites. When the phone reaches a place where GPS satellites cannot be connected, will the phone automatically use mobile towers to triangulate my location?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress