Why do I get Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped after Lollipop update Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

"Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped" after Lollipop update Galaxy S5

After downloading the new Droid OS (Lollipop) my phone is now whackk . . . Message stating "Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped" continues to occur. I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech and their only solution was to whipe down the phone. I would prefer not to have to do this as there are always things/apps, etc that get lost forever when doing this. Can anyone please help.

Other issues:
* continueously freezes up requiring a hard reboot (remove battery) to get back on
* Volume works at about 30% even when turned all the way up
* battery life is drained from 85% to 20% in less then an hour while doing nothing on the device at all
* function of the phone will completely shut off and when I call my phone from another line, my S5 does not even acknowledge an incoming call

mtminds

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I am also having the exact same issue after installing the upgrade. Wiping the cache did not solve the problem. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're concerned about losing app data, try using Helium to back everything up prior to doing a factory reset (or prior to flashing the stock ROM via Odin).

mtminds

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I wiped all data and have spent portions of the last 2 days restoring my phone. Now as soon as I enabled Dropbox, I started to receive the com.sec.imsservice message again. This update is worthless to me. What do I do now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you actually use Dropbox? If not, then go to the App Manager, select Dropbox, and Disable it.

johncellis89

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I started getting this immediately after the upgrade to 5.0 on my S5. I wiped my system cache partition, I've cleared data and cache for both Contacts and com.sec.IMSService, and then I tried a complete factory reset. It was fine for about 24 hours and then it started coming up again. This has rendered my phone completely unusable. Has anyone heard any solution to this problem? I went to a Verizon store and they had no idea about it. They have completely broken my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I went to a Verizon store and they had no idea about it. They have completely broken my phone.
Point that out to them--that the update that their company pushed to your phone rendered it unusable. Ask them to fix the problem, since it's their responsibility--even if it means giving you a replacement.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I wiped all data and have spent portions of the last 2 days restoring my phone. Now as soon as I enabled Dropbox, I started to receive the com.sec.imsservice message again. This update is worthless to me. What do I do now?

Upgrade back to Kit kat. I did. Couldn't be happier.

Terri Wallace1

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
After downloading the new Droid OS (Lollipop) my phone is now whackk . . . Message stating "Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped" continues to occur. I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech and their only solution was to whipe down the phone. I would prefer not to have to do this as there are always things/apps, etc that get lost forever when doing this. Can anyone please help.

Other issues:
* continueously freezes up requiring a hard reboot (remove battery) to get back on
* battery life is drained from 85% to 20% in less then an hour while doing nothing on the device at all
* function of the phone will completely shut off and when I call my phone from another line, my S5 does not even acknowledge an incoming call

Help....I am having the same issues exactly. Please. I can't even use my phone for the most basic task.

Last edited by a moderator:

joser137

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

Other issues:

I took the Sim out and it stop the error but now how do I make calls? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Wonders

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
This is how I fixed mine! I found it much easier to do by first booting the phone in Safe Mode. This will keep you from continuously being interrupted from the alert message. To boot in Safe Mode turn the phone off, then turn the phone back on. When the Samsung logo appears during the booting process, hold the volume down button until the phone boots up. You should notice Safe Mode at the bottom of the screen. Then to fix it simply go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > All Applications and then clearing the caches first for Contacts and then com.sec.imsservice. When your done, restart your phone to exit Safe Mode. Hope it works cause it worked for me!! :D

Carol Giese1

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank You! That worked. Took me awhile to figure out how to get all applications (swipe the applications tab to the left).
Phone rebooted fine - no errors. Previously it had only the wallpaper and the error message. I couldn't even reboot it.

Mike Wonders

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
This is how I fixed mine! I found it much easier to do by first booting the phone in Safe Mode. This will keep you from continuously being interrupted from the alert message. To boot in Safe Mode turn the phone off, then turn the phone back on. When the Samsung logo appears during the booting process, hold the volume down button until the phone boots up. You should notice Safe Mode at the bottom of the screen. Then to fix it simply go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > All Applications and then clearing the caches first for Contacts and then com.sec.imsservice. When your done, restart your phone to exit Safe Mode. Hope it works cause it worked for me!!

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Unfortunately, com.sec.imsservice has stopped" after Lollipop update Galaxy S5

I have tried it all and nothing still the same.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress